PAYG iPhone...

PolitiCon06

Does anyone have any advice for buying an iPhone on Pay as you go? At the moment I'm looking at paying about ?400 for the 16gb iPhone that will be compatible with my o2 sim card. Obviously I'm going to take out insurance as it's costing me so much. For the record, for various reasons I need to stay on PAYG, a contract is not an option.

However, I've been told that I could get one refurbished or 2nd hand off the internet fully unlocked? I wouldn't want to miss out on the firmware updates and would like full use of the mobile internet/itunes apps etc so I am wary of getting on unlocked.

Does anyone have any advice whatsoever on the best deal for someone wanting a PAYG o2 Iphone?

Does anyone have any advice for buying an iPhone on Pay as you go? At the moment I'm looking at paying about ?400 for the 16gb iPhone that will be compatible with my o2 sim card. Obviously I'm going to take out insurance as it's costing me so much. For the record, for various reasons I need to stay on PAYG, a contract is not an option.

However, I've been told that I could get one refurbished or 2nd hand off the internet fully unlocked? I wouldn't want to miss out on the firmware updates and would like full use of the mobile internet/itunes apps etc so I am wary of getting on unlocked.

Does anyone have any advice whatsoever on the best deal for someone wanting a PAYG o2 Iphone?

Sorry if this is a daft question, but why would you need to worry about unlocking the phone, is that not all above board ?

trinity jambo

looking for an iphone myself, and its looking like you'll have to just pay 440 and get it pay as you go. Theres a few on ebay going but around the same price so best just going with o2.

Dean Winchester
Sorry if this is a daft question, but why would you need to worry about unlocking the phone, is that not all above board ?

I think he means jailbreaking the iPhone as opposed to unlocking it which would void his warranty.

I think he means jailbreaking the iPhone as opposed to unlocking it which would void his warranty.

The "jailbroken" ones are the handsets being affected by worms/viruses (see favourite apps thread) as it disables their defences, so unless you really know what your doing that may be a bad option.

When the 3G handset came out folk with the 2G could upgrade, meaning there were a lot of secong hand / nearly new 2G handsets available. The up to date software can still be downloaded (free) so that may offer a cheaper option to get an iPhone handset.

u wouldnae need it unlocked. coz its already on o2. jst get a better phone...Iphone is jst a gimmick!

That's what I thought. :thumb:

Oh, and I'm posting this from my "gimmicky" iPhone.

:10900:

Cheaper option (by far) would be to buy a 32 gig ipod touch(not a phone) and get a functional but cheap phone on a PAYG deal

Archived