X Factor/I'm a celeb etc

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

What are your general thoughts on these kind of shows? There are loads more.

IMO its junk tv for the braindead, just like 'reality' shows, cheaply made dross for the masses. I worry about the folk who watch that stuff religiously.

As for I'm a celebrity get me out of here! The word celebrity is used very loosely, all of them bar none are now Z listers who cant get parts anymore.

I can only imagine there is a major shortness of quality tv writers nowadays.

I'm a celeb is a great show!

The fact these punters are z listers matters not a jot. It's good fun to watch, with plenty of laughs. No more, no less.

X factor is a different kettle of fish tho. These punters actually think they are the dugs baws, that's the difference. The x factor is only decent at the very start when all the bams turn up!

But I take your point tho. In general, reality tv is sheeeeeite!

i try not to watch these progs but my wife and kids watch them so i end up watching to,then after a few progs i get hooked

That kinda junk was what made me get Sky in. Loads of other channels to watch without having to go anywhere near "reality" shows.

Not really a fan of either but what I can't stand is this tendency for people to denounce such programmes and as a result feel intellectually superior. Some of the snobbery that goes on makes me sick. If you don't enjoy it, don't watch it.

Two of the contestants (Gino and Stuart) on Im a Celeb have been charged with cruelty to animals after they caught and ate a rat, The maximum penalty they could face is 3 Years in jail.

What about the producers of the programme would they be charged for cruelty to animals to cockroches,wittechty grubs (that are eaten when still alive),ants,yabbies etc that are in the trials

:th_o:

Not really a fan of either but what I can't stand is this tendency for people to denounce such programmes and as a result feel intellectually superior. Some of the snobbery that goes on makes me sick. If you don't enjoy it, don't watch it.

Correct!!! Who is Louis Cowell anyway?

Johanes de Silentio

The thread's OP asked for thoughts on these programmes - I don't like them, I don't watch them, but I don't feel intellectually superior, because I'm not - it's merely a subjective opinion based purely on personal taste.

My thoughts were "rank pish", which is why I posted the words "rank pish" - those are my thoughts - hardly snobbery, so climb down! :smiley2:

The thread's OP asked for thoughts on these programmes - I don't like them, I don't watch them, but I don't feel intellectually superior, because I'm not - it's merely a subjective opinion based purely on personal taste.

My thoughts were "rank pish", which is why I posted the words "rank pish" - those are my thoughts - hardly snobbery, so climb down! :smiley2:

I didn't add the op, or you, into that category. I was merely stating that there are people that take that view. That's all. I have nothing to climb down from. :)

What are your general thoughts on these kind of shows? There are loads more.

IMO its junk tv for the braindead, just like 'reality' shows, cheaply made dross for the masses. I worry about the folk who watch that stuff religiously.

As for I'm a celebrity get me out of here! The word celebrity is used very loosely, all of them bar none are now Z listers who cant get parts anymore.

I can only imagine there is a major shortness of quality tv writers nowadays.

nah, the sad fact is that its much, much cheaper for companies to make reams of this pish instead of a quality drama or comedy. the fact they're then lapped up by a 'celebrity' obsessed viewing public vindicates their decision. its ruining TV.....

Johanes de Silentio
I didn't add the op, or you, into that category. I was merely stating that there are people that take that view. That's all. I have nothing to climb down from. :)

ok! :smiley2:

The only one I don't mind is the X-factor. I can't be ersed with any of the "celebrity" nonsense.

Whether you like the music or not, most of the poeple on it can actually sing. And the some of the auditions with the idiots at the beginning are genius.

I P Knightley
I'm a celeb is a great show!

The fact these punters are z listers matters not a jot. It's good fun to watch, with plenty of laughs. No more, no less.

X factor is a different kettle of fish tho. These punters actually think they are the dugs baws, that's the difference. The x factor is only decent at the very start when all the bams turn up!

But I take your point tho. In general, reality tv is sheeeeeite!

I don't watch "I'm a Celebrity..." on the basis that there haven't been any celebrities on it.

I agree completely on the X-Factor. I love the shows with the mentally ill and no-hopers but occasionally find myself being hooked into the series as a result. I'm prepared to blame the family for this series of X-Factor - the kids have got right into it and I've been lazy enough to slob out with them for most of it.

The only one I don't mind is the X-factor. I can't be ersed with any of the "celebrity" nonsense.

Whether you like the music or not, most of the poeple on it can actually sing. And the some of the auditions with the idiots at the beginning are genius.

Whether they can sing or not is not what makes it a monumentally disgusting show. It's the fact that the likes of Cowell and co. are conning the public into believing that they are voting for the next big happening, when all they are doing is wasting hard earned on another tuppeny halfpenny Mariah Feckin Carey soundalike that will last about a fortnight with a Xmas number one behind them. I would gladly shoot Cowell and Walsh tomorrow and dump that other pair of talentless no marks Cole and Minogue at the bottom of the nearest sewer pit. It's Saturday night tv for those who don't like music, disgusting, filthy self absorbant pesh, and a pox on all the houses that watch this cretinous filth.

thehibsareintheirbeds
Whether they can sing or not is not what makes it a monumentally disgusting show. It's the fact that the likes of Cowell and co. are conning the public into believing that they are voting for the next big happening, when all they are doing is wasting hard earned on another tuppeny halfpenny Mariah Feckin Carey soundalike that will last about a fortnight with a Xmas number one behind them. I would gladly shoot Cowell and Walsh tomorrow and dump that other pair of talentless no marks Cole and Minogue at the bottom of the nearest sewer pit. It's Saturday night tv for those who don't like music, disgusting, filthy self absorbant pesh, and a pox on all the houses that watch this cretinous filth.

So who do think's going to win? My money's on joe.

Quite liked X factor at the start, gone of it a bit and not watched it in ages because I dislike the type of music, the contestants and Louis Walsh.

Im a Celeb is alright, cannot be arsed with all the cheesy 'we're really getting along well and working for the group, he done ever so well in the task and got us 3 stars I cant wait for dinner tonight' just shut yer noise and do something disgusting. Ant and Dec are good laugh though.

Big Brother is quality

Oh dear, i get the impression you don't watch the show, you just happen to see bits of it because someone else watches :-) .

I think its a great show, giving people an opportunity to prosper, entertaining lot's of people at the same time, and even pushing the adrenalin button for some. Justification.

The dumbing down of a nation through the medium of Television

Yep, a bit like the dumbing of the Hearts support through kickback:th_o:

luv the peter kay version with 2up 2down, 2 midgets on donkeys singing rawhide, the vocoders an yer kid were brilliantly funny. thought geraldine deserved to win though. to be choked on tinfoil and manage to come back for an encore was really brave.

get the dvd for christmas, best ?9 you'll ever spend. :10900:

Archived