Jackie Brown

RosscoC

Commander Harris

I think it's an excellent film. Probably his straightest film and all the better for it.

I liked it...had the best comments about smoking dope and ruining ambition...not if your ambition is to watch TV and get high. It wouldn't get an oscar for stating the fact but i've seen a lot worse people rave about.

I liked it...had the best comments about smoking dope and ruining ambition...not if your ambition is to watch TV and get high. It wouldn't get an oscar for stating the fact but i've seen a lot worse people rave about.

Do you speak English?

From your post above, I'm guessing that you're talking from very recent personal experience. :whistling:

****e if you're a sheep ****er who cant think for themselves, good if your even slightly intelligent enough to make your own mind up about stuff, amazing if you have any knowledge of the blaxplotation films and the funk and soul music that accompanies this piece.

Drylaw Hearts
...has just started. Must be the weakest Tarantino film.

From Dusk Till Dawn II and III are worse.

Much worse.

As someone with a strong and healthy dislike for Tarantino and (most of) his works, I'd say it was his best film after Pulp Fiction.

I do admire his knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the cinema: I just don't like many of his films. :th_o:

From Dusk Till Dawn II and III are worse.

Much worse.

He was only an exec producer on those....

You meaning films he's written or directed? Or ones that people think are by him but actually arent? Or films that are other peoples work but he is a producer on?

Personally, Inglorious is much worse than Jackie Brown. Jackie Brown is a great film with a kick erse soundtrack. Inglorious is far far far too long.

He's only directed about 7 films and Pulp fiction is the best in my opinion.

The Mighty Thor
He was only an exec producer on those....

You meaning films he's written or directed? Or ones that people think are by him but actually arent? Or films that are other peoples work but he is a producer on?

Personally, Inglorious is much worse than Jackie Brown. Jackie Brown is a great film with a kick erse soundtrack. Inglorious is far far far too long.

Decent film.

The sound track is fantastic. A regular in the car for me.

I love Jackie Brown and all of QT's films my list would be this

1) Reservoir Dogs (Funny, cool, quoteable, original - for a debut it surely ranks among the best ever)

2) Pulp Fiction (Same as above, more polished, sexy)

3) Inglorious Basterds (Phenomonaly good, kitsch, funny)

4) Jackie Brown (Dripping with cool, have to work with it, can't watch it just in the background)

5/6) Kill Bill 1 & 2 (Can't really seperate them)

7) Death Proof (There was something about this that I didn't like. Kurt Russel was good though)

Angus

I love Jackie Brown and all of QT's films my list would be this

1) Reservoir Dogs (Funny, cool, quoteable, original - for a debut it surely ranks among the best ever)

2) Pulp Fiction (Same as above, more polished, sexy)

3) Inglorious Basterds (Phenomonaly good, kitsch, funny)

4) Jackie Brown (Dripping with cool, have to work with it, can't watch it just in the background)

5/6) Kill Bill 1 & 2 (Can't really seperate them)

7) Death Proof (There was something about this that I didn't like. Kurt Russel was good though)

Angus

When you think of the films listed its hard to pick which is a better film as they are all different. I forgot Death Proof, Death Proof was amazing. Specially the lap dance scene, for shiz

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Love Tarantino!

Also worth mentioning that he wrote 'True Romance' as well!

Plus as a teenager I was so completely obsessed with Salma Hayek that Desperado and 'Santanico Pandemonium' (Salma's python strip-show) from 'Dusk 'till Dawn' were just about enough to tempt me into moving to Mexico/America stalking the poor lass!... Both films I think were co-directed and written by Tarantino and Rodrigues (sp?)

Jackie Brown: Excellent film and the leading lady is very cool and sexy.

Kill Bill: Pretty weak... Though experimental and fum in parts.

Reservoir Dogs: Great film.

Pulp Fiction: His best work.

Never seen the other two.

He also wrote Killing Zoe that Eric Stolz was in and Natural Born Killers which I believe he sold this one and and True Romance to fund reservoir dogs.

Tarrantino writes and makes class films no doubt, some people like more than others, but I reckon we can all agree that the boy is a complete fud.

If you think it ruins ambition, stop doing it.

Oh and off topic... one of the highest achieving people I've met through business is an habitual weed smoker....

Oh and the films pish........

Archived