HMV Picturehouse Edinburgh

Alan_R

It's not too bad - very much like the ABC in Glasgow if you've ever been to their club nights. I went a few Fridays ago and it was quite a decent night although I was about 10 years older than nearly everyone there. The music was a dancier version of Evol. Never been on a Saturday though, but if it's ****e you can always go to KARMA ;)

It's not too bad - very much like the ABC in Glasgow if you've ever been to their club nights. I went a few Fridays ago and it was quite a decent night although I was about 10 years older than nearly everyone there. The music was a dancier version of Evol. Never been on a Saturday though, but if it's ****e you can always go to KARMA ;)

I confess ive never been but I've walked past and that Karma looks utter balls.

Is it actually any good?

I confess ive never been but I've walked past and that Karma looks utter balls.

Is it actually any good?

Never been either but after seeing the shower outside at the end of the night I doubt I'll ever be in there. It's just a revamped Subway Westend.

InNothingWeTrust

I went for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. Was pretty decent. My mate works on the bar so was giving me many free drinks. Only downside was the main guys toilet flooded, so we all had to use the one down by the stage, which has two cubicles and is a metre wide.

I've been on a few Thursdays and it was fairly crap, a couple of fights started so we left. It is fairly similar to the ABC in Glasgow, in that it needs to be pretty full to be any decent. It's a big dance floor, plenty of space for me to strut my stuff. :afro:

good for gigs I've been before.

Anyone know what its like for clubnights? or on a sat?

Cheap. Quite studenty. Ok music.

Meh :hat2:

I went on a Thursday student night and quite enjoyed it, mainly because I was a good five years older than the filth frequenting it and there was a bouncy castle!

reporting back.

reasonable night but ive had better.

Downside is they didnt have tiger as the flyer suggested.

The tiger thing sucks, it leads to drinking horrible bright coloured drinks which give you a pounding headache in the morning.

Must admit to generally having a pretty ace time at the picture house though.

the sooner liquid rooms returns, the better. Although pic house is decent in comparision to most.

The Liquid Rooms serves a purpose for bands who have limited support, but the Picturehouse is much classier. Definitely the best venue in Edinburgh for gigs, even if its not the largest.

Anyone else going to see New York Dolls there on Thursday night?

The Liquid Rooms serves a purpose for bands who have limited support, but the Picturehouse is much classier. Definitely the best venue in Edinburgh for gigs, even if its not the largest.

Anyone else going to see New York Dolls there on Thursday night?

:stuart: nooooooo way.

?1.50 on virtually all drinks saturday, bit rocky music apparently

ona thursday is smashing

?1 a drink, giant twister, relatiely good music and a bouncy castle (which i was on and off in 20 seconds ..killjoys) haha

very good nite out

?1.50 on virtually all drinks saturday, bit rocky music apparently

ona thursday is smashing

?1 a drink, giant twister, relatiely good music and a bouncy castle (which i was on and off in 20 seconds ..killjoys) haha

very good nite out

You'll pay the best part of ?4 for a pint and the drink selection is limited.

Music seemed a mix of chart/dance/indie what you'd expect from a club but still a bit better than most.

Archived