We will rock you - the musical.

Cow

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Just got booked up for the 27th December , anyone been yet?

Been a few times to the one in London

Is it the same lot

Just got booked up for the 27th December , anyone been yet?

I was there on Thursday. I wasn't bothered as I saw Queen there in 1977 or so, but Mrs Therapist was dead keen and ended up bribing me with a pre-show fish dinner at the Tailend.

The script/story is absolutely cringeworthy but if you take you're brain out you will really enjoy it. Curly Watts is tremendous.

Incidentally Bomber, it's not the same as the London people. This is the touring show, but as well as Curly it has Darren Day - anyone who podgered Maxine from Coronation St is well cool IMHO. :smoking:

Been a few times to the one in London

Is it the same lot

I'm not sure , the cast does change quite a bit though especially when something runs as long as WWRY has.

I was there on Thursday. I wasn't bothered as I saw Queen there in 1977 or so, but Mrs Therapist was dead keen and ended up bribing me with a pre-show fish dinner at the Tailend.

The script/story is absolutely cringeworthy but if you take you're brain out you will really enjoy it. Curly Watts is tremendous.

Incidentally Bomber, it's not the same as the London people. This is the touring show, but as well as Curly it has Darren Day - anyone who podgered Maxine from Coronation St is well cool IMHO. :smoking:

Agree.

I was there on Wednesday afternoon.

Doctor FinnBarr

Daughter Kay is desperate to go, I don't mind the ticket prices but a booking fee of ?3.50 per ticket is way out of order! They can ****** right off!

:43:

How can the swear filter turn a 4 lettered word into a 6 lettered one?

Nucky Thompson

I went a couple of weeks back and really enjoyed it. As for the story line, it is fantasy and fun like it's meant to be:smiley2:

I saw it last year in Toronto. I went expecting it to be utter crap & was pleasantly surprised. The story such as it is is mince but someone it works to the extent that it's fairly entertaining. Blood Brothers it ain't.

Went tonight, never seen it before. Curly Watts must have been on a night off (or well made up, as I never recognised him). Very impressed with the show, especially the leading lady. Darren Day was pretty decent too, looked like he was trying to be like Ray Winstone!

*****e story, excellent production and experience. I have been to see the one in London several times as my UK office is situated just round the corner. Always have a great time and never get bored. If the touring version is half as good as the Dominion set up, you'll have a blast!!!

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

Good sounds,

Neil from young ones was in one of the ones I saw, also guy who Del banjoed in hospital night Casandra lost the baby :43:

Saw it in Tokyo a few years ago. They used the Australian cast over here. Tongue in cheek story. But great singers, music etc. They use live musicians. Just a great fun night out!

Lynn:th_o:

Went along a few weeks ago and was surprised to see a red carpet outside. Turned out to be the gala night so it was great to see Brian May and Roger Taylor get up on stage at the end to join the cast for a few tunes. The response from the audience just about blew the roof off.

As far as musicals go, it's not going to be up there amongst my favourites but it is very enjoyable.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Going to see it on the 18th December.

I'm not too bothered about it but the missus wants to see it.

Musicals are for Wumin and Gays...FACT!!!

Also the whole idea of having to listen to Queen songs all night is enough to make me want to Boak, Most over rated Band EVER!!

I'd rather stick hot needles in ma **** eye than listen to ANYTHING Freddie the Freak had to do with!! :th_o:

Went along a few weeks ago and was surprised to see a red carpet outside. Turned out to be the gala night so it was great to see Brian May and Roger Taylor get up on stage at the end to join the cast for a few tunes. The response from the audience just about blew the roof off.

As far as musicals go, it's not going to be up there amongst my favourites but it is very enjoyable.

I was there on the same night and as I went along on a freebie my expectations were not that high but all in all I quite enjoyed it.

I have to say though when Taylor and May came on stage it took it to a whole new level and the atmosphere went up several notches. It was honestly like a goal has just been scored!

I do feel a bit sorry for folk who have seen it/will see it and have missed out on the same experience.

I think a lot of once highly respected JKB posters have badly let themselves down to confessing to watching this frivolous nonsense.

Archived