Paul McCartney

JWL

Went to see him in Hamburg on Wednesday, absolutely fecking awesome. 67 years old and still blowing away the powder puff pop acts of today. Jam packed with Beatles tunes and fine tributes to John and George. Excellent stuff Macca.

Caley Sample Rooms for the game tomorrow, and yes there are tales to tell.:smiley2:

I won't be out tomorrow. Damn! :43:

Caley Sample Rooms for the game tomorrow, and yes there are tales to tell.:smiley2:

Does the Caley still show live footy / rugger then ?

Johanes de Silentio
Went to see him in Hamburg on Wednesday, absolutely fecking awesome. 67 years old and still blowing away the powder puff pop acts of today. Jam packed with Beatles tunes and fine tributes to John and George. Excellent stuff Macca.

Nice one - I like Paul McCartney, and I don't care who knows! :th_o:

Always been a huge Beatles fan. i admire McCartney's musical ability but I went off him when he went on his I.R.A. supporting kick at a time British soldiers and civilians were being murdered.

I'm sure he regrets it now, he seems to have dropped that song from his repertoire.

Hamburg , back to where the silver Beatles learnt their trade. I saw Macca live once at Knebworth in 1990 , absolutely brilliant.

Hamburg , back to where the silver Beatles learnt their trade. I saw Macca live once at Knebworth in 1990 , absolutely brilliant.

Really can't describe how good he was. Started A Day in The Life at one point and turned it into Give Peace a Chance, never in a million years did I see that coming.

never in a million years did I see that coming.

Probably because you were sleeping as a result of too much alcohol. :43:

Probably because you were sleeping as a result of too much alcohol. :43:

Thought you were going out. Anyway, we were absolutely sober at the gig.

His live album is fantastic. Good evening New York I think it's called.

Does the same A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance. Fanrastic talent, just not to sure about him as a person.

I envy you so much JWL shoul,d that not be JOL i am such a huge beatles fan would love to see sir macca live so much or even ringo just so i could say i seen one of the fabs live.

I envy you so much JWL shoul,d that not be JOL i am such a huge beatles fan would love to see sir macca live so much or even ringo just so i could say i seen one of the fabs live.

Why JOL?

Yes it would be worthwhile trying to see macca live if you get the opportunity.

Always JWL for me, anyway he did a song for John and even jokingly admitted himself that John would be up there laughing at him but at the end of it when he said "I love you, man" I was totally gone. Same when he came out with the ukelele and started to sing Something, seriously emotional moment. Also, Astrid was in the audience which made it even more special.

Why JOL?

Yes it would be worthwhile trying to see macca live if you get the opportunity.

Because he changed his middle name from winston to ono

I couldn't take a 67 year old man who dye's his hair seriously :smiley2:

Artistically, he's sold out anyway. Remember the Frog Chorus? :hat2: And to top it all he'll apparently be appearing on the X Factor at the weekend. I sent an email to JWL about this and got no reply. :th_o:

Enough of The Beatles rhetoric.

Your obsession with Paul's become clear after your mates revelation on the "keyhole surgery" thread, that you are in fact, an omnipeg.

The thing that worries me and should worry us all is that if Paul McCartney was to go on X Factor or another one fo those ghastly programs he would probably not even get to the live finals.

He simply has too much talent.

Instead you get a bunch of talentless karaoke singers singing his songs and very badly at that.

I love the old duffer's music and I even bought the Frog Chorus as an 10 year old back in '84.

But I tend to ignore just about everything he says about life, as he's little more than an old drip, lefty, pot-smoking hippy.

when he said "I love you, man" I was totally gone.

Drama queen alert.

Same when he came out with the ukelele and started to sing Something, seriously emotional moment.

It would have been better if he did "When I'm cleaning windows".

PresidentRomanov
I much preferred Lennon it has to be said. However, together was best. :smiley2:

Both out and out hypocrites, together unbearably so.

I used to like how Lennon banged on about all you need is love, whilst he was deserting his own son, specky arsehole.

Both out and out hypocrites, together unbearably so.

I used to like how Lennon banged on about all you need is love, whilst he was deserting his own son, specky arsehole.

I absolutely love John Lennon but even I know that he was a complete selfish b'stard and a hypocrite.

"Imagine no possessions?"

Did you see how many fur coats he owned?

PresidentRomanov
I absolutely love John Lennon but even I know that he was a complete selfish b'stard and a hypocrite.

"Imagine no possessions?"

Did you see how many fur coats he owned?

Spot on BB "Imagine no possessions" you couldn't make it up :stuart:

Archived