Snowbombing.

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Reveal their best line up yet.

sb2010-nov-efly.jpg

Been twice now and it's a great week; all depends on how much you burn it at both ends, but we managed to get out and session powder all day, nothing better for shaking a hangover than an icy black at mach 3 anyway, even if the conditions aren't quite so snowy. :)

The People's Chimp

Depends how you do it. If you go for an apartment, eat in, buy booze from the supermarket, then it's really affordable for a great week. I did that the first year. Was about ?280 for accom, which includes your wristband for all gigs and pretty reasonable for food and cheap for drink.

The second we stayed in a 4 star spa hotel with a rooftop pool and hot tub - some, ahem good antics in there late at night :) - which was half board but I still managed to spank a grand on the week over and above my accommodation. My brother was in an apartment though and spent way less than me.

The lift passes are about ?100/?120 depending on how many days you take - some people decide to just take a day pass as and when, given the possibility of a savage hangover.

The venues are clubs or gig venues across Mayrhofen, which isn't too big, so it's nice and compact, with there being dj's playing across the mountain at different bars and there's also the arctic disco which is in an igloo at the top of one of the mountains. Absolutely class.

Had a belter both times. The first year the partying was out there, the second year it dumped and dumped so we partied a fair bit but got up to go and ride the powder as much as possible:

Archived