If we had won the games we were winning?

primrose

How many games this season have we been winning and ending up losing or drawing? We all go on about the lack of strikers and therefor goals, but we have also lost some of that solidity we had last season, it might not have been pretty but we won lots of matches 1-0. I can think of several games this season where we have been winning, but are unable to close out the match. Versus Rangers at Home, V Celtic away, V St johnstone home and away, and St Mirren away. I wonder how the league table would look if we had just closed out those games? So as well as a striker we need to look at our ability to close out games, maybe we miss Karapidis, and big Zal more than we thought? Hope Zal is back soon?

PS I know if my aunty had baws etc..........

And if my Brother had t1ts he'd be my sister

MMMM

The PS was meant to repel such smartass comments, oh well!!!

PPS your brothers, brother does hav tats, but thats just cause your a fat barsteward!!! :)

The only thing which has changed from last season is that we have not replaced some of the better players. Neilson, Berra, Karipidis and Aguiar are all big losses. Laszlo's signings are mediocre at best.

However, the manager's tactic is the same in every game, just as it was last season. We were lucky in a huge number of the 1 goal wins last year - as some pointed out at the time. This year the luck has gone the other way. The manager didn't make changes to games last year either. The aim last year was to scrape the wins too.

Sorry, one other thing has changed from last year. The manager is no longer playing to the gallery with the self-aggrandising gesticulating etc. He is hiding in the dug out this season. Neither of these were any good to the team of course.

MMMM

The PS was meant to repel such smartass comments, oh well!!!

PPS your brothers, brother does hav tats, but thats just cause your a fat barsteward!!! :)

:10900:

The Sunday Post has a league table based on how the League would look if matches finished at H/T. The last time I looked Hearts were third in the League.

The difference is 14 points....

4 matches lost after winning

1 drawn match after winning

Hearts have the worst record in the league when it comes to scoring first and keeping the lead, we have give away 12 points from the 7 games we went in front in, losing 4, winning only 3 of the games.

If we had won ALL games we went in front in (also including St Johnstone 2-2 game - went behind first, then ahead, then draw), the league table would look roughly like this;

Hibernian 28

Celtic 27

HEARTS 27

Dundee United 26

Rangers 25

Motherwell 20

-----------------

Aberdeen 18

Kilmarnock 12

St Mirren 10

Hamilton 10

St Johnstone 9

Falkirk 8

Rangers not even in a European place, Hearts 1 point off the top, although, we'd be chasing Hibs at the top (gasp!)

alwaysthereinspirit

If we'd tied or won at Dens in 86 we probably would have won the league that year.

This thread is so #oboesque. If only.....

Archived