The World at War

Gigolo-Aunt

30 sheets in HMV.

As Noel Gallagher once said.....

"The only thing that has followed me from every house I have lived in is my World at War series"

Superb. Got a few taped episodes on VHS from years ago. The title tune is a little haunting and catches the mood of the war for me.

Doctor FinnBarr

I watched it 1st time round in the 70s when it looked like those being interviewed were wearing stylish gear.

:stuart:

Doctor FinnBarr

How does that site work then? Just clicked on "Buy" a few times and the same page keeps reappearing!

:43:

portobellojambo1
How does that site work then? Just clicked on "Buy" a few times and the same page keeps reappearing!

Click on "buy", and your purchase is added to your basket. Shows up in a box in the top right hand corner of the screen, underneath is an option called "go to checkout". Click on that and it will then ask you to register to purchase.

You don't get a new page,it adds it to the shopping basket... the box to the right of the DVD pictures... click "Go to checkout" from there.

You'll have to register if you are a new customer

p.s. too slow..just seen above :)

Doctor FinnBarr
Click on "buy", and your purchase is added to your basket. Shows up in a box in the top right hand corner of the screen, underneath is an option called "go to checkout". Click on that and it will then ask you to register to purchase.

You don't get a new page,it adds it to the shopping basket... the box to the right of the DVD pictures... click "Go to checkout" from there.

You'll have to register if you are a new customer

p.s. too slow..just seen above :)

Thanks guys.

:2thumbsup:

There's shots of troops mobilising, including Royal Scots marching on Princes St, outside the North British hotel - and proudly I can say my old man was leading them.

Doctor FinnBarr
There's shots of troops mobilising, including Royal Scots marching on Princes St, outside the North British hotel - and proudly I can say my old man was leading them.

Really?

:th_o:

30 sheets in HMV.

"The only thing that has followed me from every house I have lived in is my World at War series"

Just got it online from HMV for ?17.99 with free delivery. Was mentioned previously in the thread. Cracking deal and a cracking series.

Probably one of the most unbiassed accounts of the war even though it was made on our side of the fence so to speak. Can't wait for it to come.

Say What Again

Did wonder when I saw the '30 sheets' bargain.

Sure I saw it (albeit not new) go on ebay for ?11 3 weeks ago

30 sheets in HMV.

Good man Gig, been in the juicer all afternoon and this is good news...

It ?17.99 on HMV.com.

It now officially on my christmas list for the missus to get me.

HMV online you say? I've just bought myself a Christmas present. :2thumbsup:

Gig, nice one for the original heads up. :smiley2:

Really?

:th_o:

Yeah I was thinking about this over the weekend.

The (very short) snippet may actually have been in the more parochial "All Our Yesterdays" with that dour guy that used to present it.

It's a long time ago.

I'm going to order it.

Correction: I'm going to get the wife to order it for me.

The series came out in 1973, the year I was born and what I love about the interviews is that the people are only in the 50s, and many of them would probably be holding down jobs when it was being made. Having Laurence Olivier narrate is genius too.

It is perfect.

Archived