Shawfield Greyhound

basher the jambo

basher the jambo

Alright guys im heading through to the dog racing on Saturday night with my football team.

Just wondering how good dog racing is and chuck any free tips this way. :10900:

Alright guys im heading through to the dog racing on Saturday night with my football team.

A superb night out..not enough dug tracks nowadays:2thumbsup:

internationalcoverup

Used to go regularly after powderhall shut. Was a bit run down back then but you could pay an extra couple of quid to get into the glass fronted area which was well worth it. Racing at Shawfield was (and I assume still is all handicaps - fastest dog the back marker etc). There used to be a guy who sold form guides (as opposed to the normal race cards) outside. If these still exist they are well worth a purchase as they give you a better idea of the current form of the dogs. Used to be a far stronger betting market than powderhall but again don't know what it's like now. Overall it's a great night and I can't see how you could fail to enjoy the experience.

Used to go to Powderhall quite regularly - a great night out (and quite cheap IIRC)

Afraid I don't have any tips other than enjoy it.

Facilities are pretty basic -- but it has a bar, an edible meal and of course the racing -- bookies tucked away in a small corner of the stadium so not too far to walk between all 3 above.

Mostly handicap races and it is a tight bend but always bet on trap 6 -- seem to always have a chance to make up the stagger.

Facilities were pretty basic about 10 years ago when I used to go to the speedway there. Sadly the place is a dump.

Archived