The Strokes headline Rockness 1010

Rust Cohle

As it says on the tin;

http://www.rockness.co.uk/RockNess-2010-artists-announced

That is an awesome headliner, once again TITP have been left standing when it comes to top class, value for money acts.

As poor as TITP is nowadays i'm not sure I agree with that.

The Strokes haven't done anything decent for years and Julian Casablancas has just released the biggest load of self indulgent nonsense I've ever listened to.

I wish they'd bring back The Connect Festival.

seen them at TITP a good few years ago on the main stage when i was right into them and they were so uninterested and stood about looking bored. i thought they were gash that night. never really listened to them after that.

As poor as TITP is nowadays i'm not sure I agree with that.

The Strokes haven't done anything decent for years and Julian Casablancas has just released the biggest load of self indulgent nonsense I've ever listened to.

I wish they'd bring back The Connect Festival.

Granted they haven't done a lot recently, but their back catalogue is very impressive, and a new album should be out by the summer, so I reckon they'll be a brilliant headliner.

As far as TITP goes, I think they've proven my point. TITP have announced Kasabian as one of their headline acts, this would be excellent news...had it been last year (2009) instead of this year (2010). Kasabian's new album came out during the summer and they were undoubtedly the biggest band in Britain, hence their slot at Glastonbury, however they were nowhere to be seen at T. Instead it was the same old guff like Snow Patrol, The Killers and Keane that played.

TITP just haven't got the balance right in a while, by summer 2010 Kasabian will have played their own arena tour, while having also played stadiums with Oasis, so everyman and his dug will have seen them. I reckon they're gonna have to pull a really big name out the bag to ensure it sells out, and I believe Rockness are (so far) leading the way.

seen them at TITP a good few years ago on the main stage when i was right into them and they were so uninterested and stood about looking bored. i thought they were gash that night. never really listened to them after that.

Not an excuse, but Casablancas was off his tits drunk that night, hence the crap performance.

I've seen Kasabian live many times but I love seeing them live so there announcement of being T headliners is great news as far as I'm concerned, even if it was a shoe in.

I still have never seen Kasabian always something happens that makes it impossible. cant do TITP so hoping Kasabian may just pop up to Rockness too :10900: My dream line up would also include Faithless and Rev & the makers oh and a bit of Goldfrapp, long as not all on at same time. I love Rockness :2thumbsup:

I still have never seen Kasabian always something happens that makes it impossible. cant do TITP so hoping Kasabian may just pop up to Rockness too :10900: My dream line up would also include Faithless and Rev & the makers oh and a bit of Goldfrapp, long as not all on at same time. I love Rockness :2thumbsup:

How annoying would you find it if I was to tell you that Reverend and the Makers supported Kasabian at their SECC gig a fortnight ago ?

:biggrin:

How annoying would you find it if I was to tell you that Reverend and the Makers supported Kasabian at their SECC gig a fortnight ago ?

Really???????????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

is the answer to that!!! feck feck feck :57::43::57::43::57:

Go on now tell me they were both really bad :10900:

Really???????????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

same lineup at the AECC as well :2thumbsup: and they were both fantastic.

Reverend and the Makers weren't up to much.

Didn't expect them to be either tbh.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It was a great night.

:2thumbsup:

The People's Chimp

Not bad tbh. I reckon they'll put on a great show.

Daft Punk at rockness is probably the best gig I've ever seen.

Strokes were amazing at TITP when i seen them. Julian was reekin tho. think he was under the drums at 1 point. amazing. Kasabian should be brilliant next year. the ultimate festival band

Archived