Google Wave

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp
ooh...this was mentioned at a meeting I was at yesterday. I need to check it out.

Edit: Boo! I need an invite!!!

I just got an invite yesterday. Just waiting on it to come through...they take a few days apparently. If that gives me some i can send you one.

No-one's sent me an invite yet. And I thought I was someone important on the internet... :10800:

Carl Spackler

It looks like the future to me. Being able to wrap up conversations and threads off it at a tangent like that is brilliant thinking.

Loads of applications.

For those asking what it is it's like think of email, forums, instant messaging and social networking merged into one. Can't really be explained but it looks good to me. Watch the video. You only need to watch the first 15 or so to get the idea.

Say What Again

Hope it's not good as I got an invite weeks ago, opened it, looked at it for 30 seconds, then closed it.

I'm sure I'm still registered to whatever it is.

EDIT: Just checked and I am indeed registered, since Nov 7th. I even have 4 contacts somehow.

I think it could be good, but it seems like even Google don't know what to do with the technology.

It really needs a lot more people signed up to it before it can take off.

Invites are in real short supply. Not many people have any.

Although when I created my account it offered to send invites to my contacts and a few of them got one pretty quickly.

Commander Harris
I have 7 invites - cheers Iainmac! :smiley2:

Anyone want one?

go on, I'll have a look.

For those who have invites - you realise nominations and invites are different?

I didn't think existing users got invites, just nominations.

Cannie be arsed watchin a hour and a half video on it. Whats it all about?

8 min version

If you double click on the video you

can see it full screen, it makes it a bit clearer

i got my invite from cludgie yesterday. not sure about it yet, but not had a lot of time to muddle through it much.

i think you get 7 or 8 invites on starting it up, much the same as they did with google (gmail) when it first started

Archived