Quantum Leap

Moriarty

Great show spoiled by it getting cancelled and them making a complete mod edit of the final episode.

I agree. There is absolutely no reason why they couldn't bring it back now. Would still work, and they would have another 15 years to play with.

Bring back Quantum Leap!

I think at the time of it cancelling there was actually a protest outside the network demanding it be restarted.

Summary of the last episode after about 8yrs being on TV(i have no idea if it was on that long felt like it though)

Sam ends up in a bar surrounded by people with the same names as those he has helped including ziggy and the bartender who is called Al and knows all about what he has been upto and who he is.

How does it then end Sam goes back and leaps into some army boy who then tells his mate Al's wife that he is infact alive in Vietnam and not to remarry and that he will be home soon.

Cue credits and the quote "Al stayed with his wife blah blah blah and Dr Sam Beckett never returned home"

I can tell you it still pi@ses me off even now.

Can you tell this has been along standing issue with me :10900: i hate when series just end quickly cause they are cancelled.

Quantum Leap?

I think I saw an episode where the main character "jumps" through time and takes over the body of some random and then had to come to some conclusion in that persons existence that made him jump out again, [referably back to his own time. Dean Stockwell appeared offering advice to the main character (Sam?) aided by his pocket gizmo that allowed him to communicate with Ziggy (or was that ziggy itself?) who would calculate what Sam had to do to jump back. I remember it being quite a wholesome moral thing that Sam had to do to earn his "jump".

I watched another episode and in that one the main character "jumps" through time and takes over the body of some random and then had to come to some conclusion in that persons existence that made him jump out again, [referably back to his own time. Dean Stockwell appeared offering advice to the main character (Sam?) aided by his pocket gizmo that allowed him to communicate with Ziggy (or was that ziggy itself?) who would calculate what Sam had to do to jump back. I remember it being quite a wholesome moral thing that Sam had to do to earn his "jump".

Then I watched another one and this time Sam "jumps" through time and takes over the body of some random and then had to come to some conclusion in that persons existence that made him jump out again, [referably back to his own time. Dean Stockwell appeared offering advice to the main character (Sam?) aided by his pocket gizmo that allowed him to communicate with Ziggy (or was that ziggy itself?) who would calculate what Sam had to do to jump back. I remember it being quite a wholesome moral thing that Sam had to do to earn his "jump".

I really wished I'd taped it in case I missed an episode so i wouldn't lose the plot....

Quantum Leap?

I think I saw an episode where the main character "jumps" through time and takes over the body of some random and then had to come to some conclusion in that persons existence that made him jump out again, [referably back to his own time. Dean Stockwell appeared offering advice to the main character (Sam?) aided by his pocket gizmo that allowed him to communicate with Ziggy (or was that ziggy itself?) who would calculate what Sam had to do to jump back. I remember it being quite a wholesome moral thing that Sam had to do to earn his "jump".

I watched another episode and in that one the main character "jumps" through time and takes over the body of some random and then had to come to some conclusion in that persons existence that made him jump out again, [referably back to his own time. Dean Stockwell appeared offering advice to the main character (Sam?) aided by his pocket gizmo that allowed him to communicate with Ziggy (or was that ziggy itself?) who would calculate what Sam had to do to jump back. I remember it being quite a wholesome moral thing that Sam had to do to earn his "jump".

Then I watched another one and this time Sam "jumps" through time and takes over the body of some random and then had to come to some conclusion in that persons existence that made him jump out again, [referably back to his own time. Dean Stockwell appeared offering advice to the main character (Sam?) aided by his pocket gizmo that allowed him to communicate with Ziggy (or was that ziggy itself?) who would calculate what Sam had to do to jump back. I remember it being quite a wholesome moral thing that Sam had to do to earn his "jump".

I really wished I'd taped it in case I missed an episode so i wouldn't lose the plot....

that was the genius of it. Every episode was like a mini stand alone film.

that was the genius of it. Every episode was like a mini stand alone film.

Hahaha

I think you may just be missing my point...deliberately or otherwise! :hat2:

Hahaha

I think you may just be missing my point...deliberately or otherwise! :hat2:

:stuart:

I got your point, but I chose to ignore it or I would have to start disliking you :curtain:

Darth Sidious

On his travels he met a young boxer called Sylvester Stallone and also there was a Halloween special where Sam gives a kid ideas for horror stories....a kid called Stephen King.

Favourite episode was the Egypt one. With the bony hand tapping the baddie's shoulder and then the screams!

Great show.

It never really explored the full range of possibilities. There was quite a few times he came back as a decent looking woman. The natural reaction of any time-travelling gender-changing bloke would have been to find out ... well you know ... "what its like for a woman".

Tell me I'm wrong ! :10900:

Archived