Homes under the hammer..

Martin_T

I'm off this week using up some annual leave, so I've had the dubious pleasure of daytime TV for part of the week. So apart from seeing numerous celebrities on a career nosedive hawking 'Cash for Gold' or 'Injury Lawyers', I've watched some of the factual output on the BBC.

'Homes under the Hammer' has to be the single most irresponsible bit of programming by the BBC. It basically constantly pushes a message of how it is profitable to invest in the property market and everything is on the up, the catch being that most of the programs shown are at least a couple of years old when that was at least partially correct. The only warning they give as regard the current state of the market is a caption that briefly flashes up with the auction date. What is the point in showing such an out of date program?

I'm off this week using up some annual leave, so I've had the dubious pleasure of daytime TV for part of the week. So apart from seeing numerous celebrities on a career nosedive hawking 'Cash for Gold' or 'Injury Lawyers', I've watched some of the factual output on the BBC.

'Homes under the Hammer' has to be the single most irresponsible bit of programming by the BBC. It basically constantly pushes a message of how it is profitable to invest in the property market and everything is on the up, the catch being that most of the programs shown are at least a couple of years old when that was at least partially correct. The only warning they give as regard the current state of the market is a caption that briefly flashes up with the auction date. What is the point in showing such an out of date program?

This was meant for the Shed by the way....:hat2:

Jeremy Kyle is essential student viewing.

Bejeesus ..............surely you'd rather be at a lecture than watch that keeich

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Loose Woman is the only daytime show worth watching.

Don't knock it while you watch it:smiley2:

I've corrected that for you!!

Loose Woman is the only daytime show worth watching.

Don't knock it until you watch it:smiley2:

I have watched it so I shall knock it.

Bunch of dried up old bints moaning about men and how big a bunch of *******s we are. then get some good looking male guest on and they all have a collective flick.

I watched a show recently where two guys were looking for a flat in Edinburgh. I couldn't believe what they paid for a place above the old now renovated Pooles Roxy.

Nucky Thompson

I like homes under the hammer, it gives a good insight on how to go about getting into the property business. It's not always about people making a profit. I saw one where a guy jumped in with both feet and bought a property without getting it properly surveyed, the house ended up condemned and he had to pull it down and start again.

Archived