Pacquiao V Mayweather

HMFCjamieHMFC

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

dying for this fight to be confirmed, im a pacquaio man through and through!

I was speaking to a cabbie in Las Vegas about 10 days ago who claimed to be buddies with Mayweather.

He mentioned that negotiations had started that day, that they were looking at Dallas as the venue and that both fighters were looking for 60/40 but he reckoned they would end up agreeing because Mayweather wants the fight just as much as Pacman.

We thought he was spouting pish at the time but it seems like he was on the money with a lot of what he said!

I was speaking to a cabbie in Las Vegas about 10 days ago who claimed to be buddies with Mayweather.

He mentioned that negotiations had started that day, that they were looking at Dallas as the venue and that both fighters were looking for 60/40 but he reckoned they would end up agreeing because Mayweather wants the fight just as much as Pacman.

We thought he was spouting pish at the time but it seems like he was on the money with a lot of what he said!

Doubt that, all Mayweather's buddies work for him in some capacity. Not doubting his claims or you were there.

Really hope this is signed and put in place for March, I don't think I could wait 'til September.

Did anyone see the mention of Mayweather taking a tune-up fight against Hatton if this one doesn't come together for March 13? MATTHEW Hatton! WTF?

I hope mayweather wins but it will be one of the fights of the decade. the hype and build up to this fight would be massive. Imagine the money involved for all parties to do with this fight. Millions

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Packman is 5/4 at ladbrokes. Mayweather is 4/7 and 25/1 the draw. Packman for me.

Sexton Hardcastle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8402982.stm

Another update.

Find the last bit pretty crazy. So much money, no sense.

Mayweather also admitted he has won and lost huge sums gambling on NFL matches in Las Vegas.

"Two weeks ago I won like a million [dollars], that was across a week of games, Monday night, Sunday and Thursday," he added.

"I didn't lose a million but I lost a couple of hundred thousand. Then I tried to get some 'get back' and lost some more money on Brett Favre [Minnesota Vikings quarter-back]."

I really, really hope one of the two stadiums mentioned gets it.

Yeah, I'd go to it if it ends up at Cowboys Stadium in Texas. Even way back in the cheapest of the cheap seats there's still the HUGE screen to see the action. Keeping my fingers crossed. Venue should be announced by the end of the week, I read.

Its my birthday weekend, really considering going over for it but reckon I would be paying seriously silly money for a ticket.

I always think Mayweather is beatable, and have backed previous fighters to do it...but then on the night you just watch Mayweather school whoever he fights. The guy is flawless at defensive boxing. Usually not great to watch, but he is just so good at what he does.

But that being said, Pacquiao is as tough as they come for an offensive boxer.

Should be a really good match up. Again my heart says Manny, but the voice of reason in my head has to go with Mayweather.

I always think Mayweather is beatable, and have backed previous fighters to do it...but then on the night you just watch Mayweather school whoever he fights. The guy is flawless at defensive boxing. Usually not great to watch, but he is just so good at what he does.

But that being said, Pacquiao is as tough as they come for an offensive boxer.

Should be a really good match up. Again my heart says Manny, but the voice of reason in my head has to go with Mayweather.

I think this will be Floyds toughest match up which makes me think he could get done.

Yeah, I'd go to it if it ends up at Cowboys Stadium in Texas. Even way back in the cheapest of the cheap seats there's still the HUGE screen to see the action. Keeping my fingers crossed. Venue should be announced by the end of the week, I read.

Aye, I'd go to either, assuming I could get a ticket (or at least, one at a semi-reasonable price). I'm moist in anticipation.

• 2 weeks later...
Say What Again

The fight's apparently in danger of not going ahead as Pac Man won't agree to having his blood taken 30 days before the fight.

Seems a pretty trivial thing to jeopardise the fight over. Really hope they resolve this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/8427743.stm

Floyd Mayweather's fight with Manny Pacquiao in doubt

Floyd Mayweather Jr's camp claim the American's planned super-fight with Manny Pacquiao is now "in jeopardy".

Mayweather and the Philippine star were close to agreeing a 13 March meeting.

But the American's camp say they have been told by Pacquiao's promoters that he will not agree to blood-testing in the 30 days prior to the fight.

"He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight," said Mayweather associate Richard Schaefer.

"It is unfortunate to hear this from Manny Pacquiao's representatives, particularly since, as of today, both parties had worked out all other issues related to this fight."

Unbeaten Mayweather's management want both men - regarded as the two best pound-for-pound fighters in the world - to submit to blood-testing prior to the bout, to ensure both men are clean.

Schaefer, who is chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions, added: "Todd [DuBoef, president of Pacquiao's promoters Top Rank] told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn't want to do it so close to the fight."

Mayweather, 32, urged 31-year-old Pacquiao to agree to the blood testing.

"I understand Pacquiao not liking having his blood taken, because frankly I don't know anyone who really does," said Mayweather.

"But in a fight of this magnitude, I think it is our responsibility to subject ourselves to sportsmanship at the highest level."

The welterweight fight, which would be the richest of all time, had widely been expected to be formalised this week, with an official announcement on 6 January.

It was expected to be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The Staples Center in Los Angeles, home of the NBA's Lakers was also touted as a possible venue and representatives of Cowboys Stadium in Dallas were also said to be interested in hosting arguably the biggest fight since the turn of the century.

Pacquiao became a five-weight world champion following his WBO welterweight title win over Miguel Cotto in November, while Las Vegas-based Mayweather returned from a 21-month retirement to beat Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez in September.

Archived