The pains of being pure at heart

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Playing in Glasgow on Thursday, at that haven of Glasgow hipsterdom, Stereo.

It might be a little twee, but I like my shoegazing so a ride/field mice/mbv/pastels tribute band from Brooklyn should be fun.

Also means I can play hipster bingo at the bar.

I mean, come on...

"when I go out with my friends, we look like a popular indie band..."

2843804716_851477a54c_o.jpg

"HOUSE!"

The People's Chimp
best make the most of it. i heard stereo is doing really badly and may be shutting down.

Really? I suppose that vegans don't tend to drink very much.

I saw **** Buttons there a few weeks ago and although it was sold out there was absolutely no problem getting to the bar. In fact I went to that "?5 haircut" all dayer with loads of bands on and although it was busy enough up the stairs, once the bands finished at half eleven there was simply nobody downstairs, so there was the bizarre sight of a few numbers djs playing to an empty dance floor, which was still empty when we left at the back of one.

Really? I suppose that vegans don't tend to drink very much.

I saw **** Buttons there a few weeks ago and although it was sold out there was absolutely no problem getting to the bar. In fact I went to that "?5 haircut" all dayer with loads of bands on and although it was busy enough up the stairs, once the bands finished at half eleven there was simply nobody downstairs, so there was the bizarre sight of a few numbers djs playing to an empty dance floor, which was still empty when we left at the back of one.

I have been to ballers and andy weatherall there in the last month or so. even if you combined both crowds it wouldnae of been full. great wee venue but seems to be failing. my mates are all thinking of going to NYE ballers/numbers. hope its still open by then.

Archived