January Transfer targets -- realistic please

CJGJ

If we can sign players then let me start off with the two below

Two of Saints' star midfielders are set to leave the club when their contracts expire in the summer. Andy Dorman and Stephen McGinn have both been offered lucrative new deals but have turned them down.

The news was revealed at this afternoon's annual general meeting at St. Mirren Park. The club announced that both have been made offers we can't really afford, but both have indicated they will not be accepting them.

The news about Dorman is no shock - it's a surprise we've managed to keep him for this long - but the revelation that McGinn also sees his future elsewhere is rather more unexpected. The youngster has been in excellent form this season and many fans had seen him playing a big part in the club's future. That he won't be here come the summer is a major disappointment.

Charlie-Brown

Maybe some pre-contracts for next season - the rest of the SPL are unlikely to be paying any transfer fees so neither should we. I'd like to see us promote from within though so new signings should be kept to a minimum imo.

I don't think we're in a position to be signing anyone this January. I'm more concerned about who we might lose. Target for January.

Keep Lee Wallace.

Keep Marius Zaliukas

Only sell either Obua or Driver.

Is there any hidden gems?

I only see the guy when he plays against us but Craig Bryson from Killie seems to notch a few from midfield over a season and always makes runs into the box. We could do with someone like that, striker aside.

I don't think we're in a position to be signing anyone this January. I'm more concerned about who we might lose. Target for January.

Keep Lee Wallace.

Keep Marius Zaliukas

Only sell either Obua or Driver.

pesonally i dont think we will sign anyone in january but we are crying out for an

attacking midfielder and a striker........ miller/kyle would do me in attack.....dorman/mulgrew/bauaben in midfield.......but suppose it also depends on who we sell.....happy to sell wallace (not the player he was last year) driver(injury prone/flatters to decieve) obua(imposter).....discuss:th_o:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
pesonally i dont think we will sign anyone in january but we are crying out for an

attacking midfielder and a striker........ miller/kyle would do me in attack.....dorman/mulgrew/bauaben in midfield.......but suppose it also depends on who we sell.....happy to sell wallace (not the player he was last year) driver(injury prone/flatters to decieve) obua(imposter).....discuss:th_o:

Prince Bauben would command a pretty hefty fee. Chrlie Mulgrew isnt half as good as people say he is and Dorman could make 3 times as much at a ropey Championship side than he could with us.

Personally I would love to see us go down south and bring a striker up on loan. A lower EPL, Championship club is the kind of level we should be looking at. I know it doesnt fit into Vlads buy cheap sell high mentality but the loan market is one we should be looking at IMHO

We will have to sell a couple of our better players to be able to bring in. No one will buy our better players as they all seem to be injured.

No one in.

No one out. . . . .

The Mighty Thor

I'd prefer it if we didn't give the current manager another bolt to spend.

He's bought/signed appallingly so far.

I'd rather we kept what little money, if any, we have and keep it for the next manager when he comes in to sort out the squad of merde we have at the moment.

portobellojambo1

I think if we are realistic we have to accept, whether we wish to or not, the likelihood is nobody will arrive in January. I think, in all honesty, we are more liable to get weaker, personnel wise, in January (although given the low standard the team is presently performing at I'm not sure how noticeable it will be). Don't know if it as just me, or all Virgin Media users who are presently coming in through a proxy server, given direct access via Virgin is falling over constantly, but every time you edit a post and save your changes it then brings up threads from JKB's archive as a follow up. Meaningless information I know, but I thought it was worth sharing (and the fecking smilies don't work through the proxy server either, bugger)

What do people see in Kevin Kyle? He has scored 4 goals this season.. isnt great. Yes its better than us just now but Id bet anyone now that come the end of the season, a Hearts player will have scored more goals than Kyle... any offers? :stuart:

Why dont we look at the likes of the championship for some players who arnt playing first team football. Motherwell have Jutkiewicz from Everton who has 6 goals this season so far. Id of thought that Vlad may of used his eastern european connections with Chelsea and got some of there younger players on loan for a few months. I know that its a good standard of football in Englands reserves. Look at the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal who play 17 and 18 year olds in the CL and Carling cup.. they bring through boys like Jack Wilshere (17) and Danny Welbeck (19) who are just simply a class above the likes of Glen and Scott Robinson.

Not saying we can attract players like Welbeck put there must be players close his standard who just cant get a look in and would jump at the chance of first team football.

I can't see us sign anybody, cash just isn't there. Lee Millar would be a good signing though.

Don't see why Hearts can't go for reserve players from EPL teams, would definetly be a good way to blood them. Kevin Kyle- No thanks.

Murray Davidson

Young box-to-box midfielder who is doing well at St Johnstone, from Edinburgh and Gary Mackay is his agent, shouldnt be that hard to sign (as long as we agree a fee of course)

What do people see in Kevin Kyle? He has scored 4 goals this season.. isnt great. Yes its better than us just now but Id bet anyone now that come the end of the season, a Hearts player will have scored more goals than Kyle... any offers? :stuart:

Why dont we look at the likes of the championship for some players who arnt playing first team football. Motherwell have Jutkiewicz from Everton who has 6 goals this season so far. Id of thought that Vlad may of used his eastern european connections with Chelsea and got some of there younger players on loan for a few months. I know that its a good standard of football in Englands reserves. Look at the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal who play 17 and 18 year olds in the CL and Carling cup.. they bring through boys like Jack Wilshere (17) and Danny Welbeck (19) who are just simply a class above the likes of Glen and Scott Robinson.

Not saying we can attract players like Welbeck put there must be players close his standard who just cant get a look in and would jump at the chance of first team football.

Stated on here before, good young players invoke a "transfer" fee for a loan. IIRC, Sinclair cost Wigan ?1 Million for a season long loan. If we were to spend money, I'd rather find a player we could buy then keep.

Murray Davidson

Young box-to-box midfielder who is doing well at St Johnstone, from Edinburgh and Gary Mackay is his agent, shouldnt be that hard to sign (as long as we agree a fee of course)

Only 21, under contract and touted for a Scotland call-up.

Too expensive.

I think we may see one, poss two leave.. 1 pre contract agreement and one loan deal come in.

Thats a total guess based on our current situation.

It will interesting to see what Hibs will do if there still kicking around the top 3.

reckon there be a few changes in jan then again in the summer. do we not have quite a few players out of contract (goncalves, stewart, nade, kingston)? think wallace will prob be away as well.

prob need a big clearout to freshen things up and get in some half decent players who want to play for us

I'm realistic enough not to expect us to actually buy a player, but I would hope that we would consider bringing someone in on loan or getting a bosman replacement (if we lose a player in the window).

Beyond the EPL my knowledge of the English leagues is minimum but surely there are players out there (preferably a striker and an attacking midfielder) sitting on the bench or stuck in the reserves who could come up and do a job for us short term?

This is where I get so frustrated at the scouting system we have in place.

Cant see anyone coming in,not looking to avoid dissapointmenet.

A few will go right enough.Hopefully Obua is one of them.

I'd prefer it if we didn't give the current manager another bolt to spend.

He's bought/signed appallingly so far.

I'd rather we kept what little money, if any, we have and keep it for the next manager when he comes in to sort out the squad of merde we have at the moment.

I think you're being a tad hard on Csaba. He's had no money to spend and hasn't been able to offer any significant wages to players he's tried to bring in for free.

Balogh and Kello have both shown they are decent keepers. Bouzid seems to be finding his feet and Kucharski has looked decent whenever I've seen him. Suso has shown some potential and I think he'll improve as he gets used to the SPL.

Granted, Witteven and Obua have been pish.

The Old Tolbooth
Kevin Kyles contract expires in the summer also.

He has an ?80k buy out clause in his contract in January, but that's probably far too ambitious for Vlad!

Francis Albert

With a debt that must currently be at least ?35m, I hope we don't spend any money, and indeed generate some transfer income while reducing the wage bill.

Marmeladent?rtchen

My belief is that Vlad is no longer subsiding Hearts wages bill. I think this is common knowledge that club is being run to a budget. Therefore in order for people to come in Kingston, Nade, and Jose G, all need to go to free up wages for new players.

Francis Albert
My belief is that Vlad is no longer subsiding Hearts wages bill. I think this is common knowledge that club is being run to a budget. Therefore in order for people to come in Kingston, Nade, and Jose G, all need to go to free up wages for new players.

I think they all need to go just to reduce the wage bill to something closer to a sustainable level. Not to "free up wages for new players".

If we can sign players then let me start off with the two below

Two of Saints' star midfielders are set to leave the club when their contracts expire in the summer. Andy Dorman and Stephen McGinn have both been offered lucrative new deals but have turned them down.

The news was revealed at this afternoon's annual general meeting at St. Mirren Park. The club announced that both have been made offers we can't really afford, but both have indicated they will not be accepting them.

The news about Dorman is no shock - it's a surprise we've managed to keep him for this long - but the revelation that McGinn also sees his future elsewhere is rather more unexpected. The youngster has been in excellent form this season and many fans had seen him playing a big part in the club's future. That he won't be here come the summer is a major disappointment.

I can't see any players coming in unless we offload some who will be out of contract at the end of the season.

Jose is one but he favours staying till the end of the season which will mean more money for him when he signs for his new club.

Stewart is another but whether anyone will make a move for him and want to spend any money to get him in January is doubtful.

Kingston if fit or not will be off to Africa for all of January so he will be missing whether he is still a Hearts player or not.

Not sure of any other first team players that will be out of contract but the only other real assets we have are Driver and Wallace.

It is rumoured that Middlesborough and Ipswich are interested in Wallace and as usual Driver is injured so he will be going nowhere.

That means that we have to sell Wallace to have a cat in hells chance of getting some money coming in to have a slight glimmer of hope that we can sign someone but I very much doubt it.

Johanes de Silentio
He has an ?80k buy out clause in his contract in January, but that's probably far too ambitious for Vlad!

I'd go for that, tbh, depending on his wage demands - maybe not everyone's idea of the ideal football player, but he's a right handful, makes things happen, and scores a goal or six - he also does well without a great deal of support/service - what we need, imo.

80K for Kyle on a 3-year deal would be a good investment, imo - we'd get a return.

I'd go for that, tbh, depending on his wage demands - maybe not everyone's idea of the ideal football player, but he's a right handful, makes things happen, and scores a goal or six - he also does well without a great deal of support/service - what we need, imo.

80K for Kyle on a 3-year deal would be a good investment, imo - we'd get a return.[/quote

80k for a lump of wood no way.You could sign Lee Miller on a pre contract a far better player.

The Old Tolbooth
I'd go for that' date=' tbh, depending on his wage demands - maybe not everyone's idea of the ideal football player, but he's a right handful, makes things happen, and scores a goal or six - he also does well without a great deal of support/service - what we need, imo.

80K for Kyle on a 3-year deal would be a good investment, imo - we'd get a return.[/quote

80k for a lump of wood no way.You could sign Lee Miller on a pre contract a far better player.[/quote']

Nah, Lee Miller had his chance and chose to flee Gorgie for Dundee Utd, and what he thought was a better move, he can feck right off as far as I'm concerned!

Nah' date=' Lee Miller had his chance and chose to flee Gorgie for Dundee Utd, and what he thought was a better move, he can feck right off as far as I'm concerned![/quote']

Couldn't care less.Better all round player.Plus no way will Hearts pay a fee for any player in January.

The Old Tolbooth

We wouldn't get Miller for nothing either though, would we? Currently we have absolutely no ariel threat, Kyle would give us that, Miller wouldn't!

Johanes de Silentio
Fence sitter!! :10900:

I know, it's pathetic, really! :smiley2:

Anyone know how Steve Lovell is doing this see-saw?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Severin at Watford is sitting on the bench would be the versatile experienced player we seek , big Kyle up front would do a job

One thing is for sure, there will be more departures in January than arrivals.

Can see Wallace, Goncalves, Kingston, Obua, Kello, Stewart and Driver (if fit) leaving... shortly followed by Csaba.

If they go... fine... my only concern is staying up this year... we are in transition. Vlad is liquidising his assets as he prepares to flee the sinking ship.

Fully expect to see Darren Murray moved up to first team coach to get us over the finishing line in a Stevie Frail capacity... with youth and a few Kaunus refugees to add to his depleted squad.

This season will make even the most ardant Jambo diehard faint hearted.

Captain Canada

I honestly don't see anyone coming in at all in January. I would imagine it's a priority to try and get Jose and Larry off the wage bill and I wouldn't be surpised if bids for Wallace and Driver are accepted with none of the proceeds going to the manager.

Realistically I would say a bottom six finish and a cup final is what we'll achieve in the second half of this season.

Goncalves and Wallace sold (I'd have said Driver but not with his injury).

Kevin Kyle secured on a pre-contract. That's about it.

Archived