Tony Cascarino (obviously non- HMFC)

RoaldJensen

Just finished reading his book 'Full time'. I know he was a pretty ordinary player but the book isn't. Well worth a look.

I was at Parkhead that day in 1991 when he finally rolled in his first Premier League goal. It still annoys me because we missed a penalty at 2-1 and looked the better team.

I was at Parkhead that day in 1991 when he finally rolled in his first Premier League goal. It still annoys me because we missed a penalty at 2-1 and looked the better team.

Robbo's goal that day was a sight to be hold.

"You couldnae score in a brothel!" Until he scored, then got sent off for elbowing Levein.

He mis-hit his shot so badly it was going to misss by miles, but it hit the underside of Henry to deflect it back in (nothing like how he describes it in the book). Defo a recommended read though, very entertaining.

Reading Pal McGrath now (Back from the Brink), jaw dropping stuff so far.

Robbo's goal that day was a sight to be hold.

"You couldnae score in a brothel!" Until he scored, then got sent off for elbowing Levein.

Robbo's goal was brilliant but kind of weird too.

If memory serves, I think Gordon Marshall lost it or got into a mix up and the wee man chipped it high into the net but from a tight angle on the edge of the box.

As the ball drifted across the goal, all we could do was wait to see if it was going to go in.

It did.

And about 4,000 Hearts fans went berserk.

We lost that day, but the next time through there, revenge was ours. :2thumbsup:

Walter Bishop
Robbo's goal that day was a sight to be hold."You couldnae score in a brothel!" Until he scored, then got sent off for elbowing Levein.

Was that the curling left footed effort from a tight angle? Absolute cracker.

So was I. Both times that season. I'm sure we had a 2-1 win and a 3-1 loss at Parkhead that season. And they done the same to us a Tynecastle for a 7 all aggregate score that season.

The curler we scored was Scott Crabbe. A beauty!

Archived