Venice

HMFC 1874

Looking to take the girlfriend away to venice for her birthday start of april for 3/4 days. had a quick look around on the net, but anyone know somewhere I can getr a reasonable deal? thanks

portobellojambo1

Stopped off for a little while there on the way back from Zagreb. Have to be honest and say I simply don't see what the attraction of the place is, it looked like the Italian equivalent of Blackpool (set up to rip off tourists).

Nucky Thompson
it looked like the Italian equivalent of Blackpool (set up to rip off tourists).
When was the last time you were in Blackpool pj1? It's as cheap as chips for food, drink and Hotels and you can even buy your pleasure beach wrist bands with Tesco vouchers now:10900:

Looking to take the girlfriend away to venice for her birthday start of april for 3/4 days. had a quick look around on the net, but anyone know somewhere I can getr a reasonable deal? thanks

April is a long way off. Would leave it till nearer the time.

portobellojambo1
When was the last time you were in Blackpool pj1? It's as cheap as chips for food, drink and Hotels and you can even buy your pleasure beach wrist bands with Tesco vouchers now:10900:

What I was trying to say didn't quite come across as intended, because the bit in brackets suggested I was comparing both like for like, i.e. set up for tourists and rip offs. I think they are both set up for tourists, however as you say there is a difference in that Blackpool does it at the low end of the market, whereas everything in Venice is about making as much money as possible. (I knew what I was trying to say, but ballsed it up).

As for actually being in Blackpool I cannot honestly remember The Boo. I think I'd rather slice my own balls off with a rusty saw than go to Blackpool, it is a feckin Weege filled dump.

Stopped off for a little while there on the way back from Zagreb. Have to be honest and say I simply don't see what the attraction of the place is, it looked like the Italian equivalent of Blackpool (set up to rip off tourists).

Well as a history graduate, centuries worth of history and design of what was one of Europe's greatest trading powers. That's why I'm off. Plus as a rugby fan, nearby Treviso are at home on Saturday!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back from Venice. Lovely scenery, architecture, museums etc....

However, public transport is extortionate (with pickpockets in operation on crowded water buses - I only had 10 Euros pilfered but it was still not nice to be done over).

As for the restaurants, although the owners and staff look human, they by and large act like this creature.

shark.jpg

Archived