The Horn!!!

i8hibsh

I have a theory............the vast majority of motorists that use theirs are women and wee men.

Seriously everytime I see soemone flexing their horn muslces in a car it is some menstruating bint who hates men or some wee bloke who has a serious case of wee man syndrome.

Am I right in my observations or is it just me?

I reckon I have actually only ever once tooted my car horn and even then I can't actually remember what for.

You have a car???

I use my ex birds - i'm still insured and we still pals

It's a tasty set of wheels

Wheres the theory?

My theory is that the vast majority of people that use their horns are women and wee men.

Am I right in my observations or is it just me?

You're right 8 - as usual.

I am the most manly of men and I can't remember ever using the horn.

My theory is that the vast majority of people that use their horns are women and wee men.

It's not that much of a theory when the majority of drivers probably fall into those categories.

:stuart:

It's not that much of a theory when the majority of drivers probably fall into those categories.

wouldn't class wimen as 'drivers' to be fair

It's interesting, having spent considerable time abroad, that people here have a much more relaxed attitude to using their horn. In the UK, if someone "toots" at you it is generally felt that you must have done something quite major and someone is angry. Here, it is used as a gentle reminder and is a much less aggressive experience than in the UK. In which case, your theory does not apply here.

It's interesting, having spent considerable time abroad, that people here have a much more relaxed attitude to using their horn. In the UK, if someone "toots" at you it is generally felt that you must have done something quite major and someone is angry. Here, it is used as a gentle reminder and is a much less aggressive experience than in the UK. In which case, your theory does not apply here.

That's what gets me in places like Spain. Everyone seems so horn happy. Throw in that incessant moped engine noise and it makes your ears bleed.

I used mine yesterday to put the wind up a drunk, kilt wearing rugby fan for wandering of the pavement and out infront of me. He needed a fright. Cocky pedestrians thinking that they have the right to stop traffic bothers me. People that use horns on a daily basis are quite gay though.

Generally if im in a car, im getting a lift. I like to beep the horn at young school girls before ducking down. Leaving the driver to take the filthy looks flung their way...works especially well if the driver is your dad.

Radioactive Mince

I sometimes beep at strangers and wave. Also, I enjoy scaring sheep on country roads. They jump, you know.

Mince

Carl Spackler

I thought this was going to be a Derek and Clive thread. Sadly not.

I'm not going to put a direct link up because the video has quite a lot of swearing in it. But if you haven't heard of Derek and Clive go to youtube and search for "Derek and Clive Get the Horn".

Watch the other Derek and Clive sketches too. Funny as anything.

Generally if im in a car, im getting a lift. I like to beep the horn at young school girls before ducking down. Leaving the driver to take the filthy looks flung their way...works especially well if the driver is your dad.

Not so much fun when your driving a council van and your apprentice decides to do it, good job i've got an easy going gaffer :smiley2:

Doctor FinnBarr
I sometimes beep at strangers and wave. Also, I enjoy scaring sheep on country roads. They jump, you know.

Mince

So its you, I'm sick waving at you wondering who you are!

So its you, I'm sick waving at you wondering who you are!

I wouldnt say you look like a sheep mate:10900:

I P Knightley
I only use my horn as per the Highway Code.

Section 38 (a(ii)) of the Highway Code:

Drivers shall proffer a 'toot and a wave' in the event of passing by any individual or group of attractive young pieces of skirt.

I only toot my horn when someone is sittin chattin at the lights or doin their make-up to let them know the lights are at ****ing green and get a move on!

Mince

We play that all the time.

Toot and wave - cannae beat it for a laugh.

jamboinglasgow
I only toot my horn when someone is sittin chattin at the lights or doin their make-up to let them know the lights are at ****ing green and get a move on!

As long as you give them ten seconds that is a fine use. I hate drivers who as soon as it turns green and the driver (usually five behind) toots the horn after 3 milliseconds of it turning green.

Archived