What happened to wee Shammy (keys-an-eva-choos)

Craigieboy

He brought out a hell of a lot of hate on this board. He started well I thought but struggled as time went on.

Know its not enough in the hustle and bustle of football, but he had a lovely touch.

Dont know where he is now though.

Anyone know where Iva Choo Choo is?

He brought out a hell of a lot of hate on this board. He started well I thought but struggled as time went on.

Know its not enough in the hustle and bustle of football, but he had a lovely touch.

Another one who brought out a fair amount of hate.

Another one who brought out a fair amount of hate.

Thought he had something about him as well but was very timid.

Footballfirst
Where is he plying his trade these days?

Maybe doing 'something else?'

He went back to Kaunas, but doesn't appear to have played this season.

Ivaskevicius also went back to Kaunas but left after they were demoted. The last record of him is being on trial with Ukranian side FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih, but again there is no record of him playing any matches.

Don't know if it says something about how far we've fallen but I think wee Shammy could have done a job in behind the striker this season, he could occasionally find a killer ball and score a goal and to be honest that's still a hell of a lot more than the current inhabitants of the role

Don't know if it says something about how far we've fallen but I think wee Shammy could have done a job in behind the striker this season, he could occasionally find a killer ball and score a goal and to be honest that's still a hell of a lot more than the current inhabitants of the role

Strongly disagree to be honest. Let's not re-write history here, Ksanavicius was hopeless, utterly hopeless. I have never known a Hearts player give the ball away so frequently. He was constantly muscled off the ball, was one paced, had no right foot, posed no goal threat and was directly culpable for our cup exit against Motherwell when he missed an open goal from 6 yards when we were 2-0 up.

I actually agree that Ivaskevicius did have something about him, but a strong indicator of these players abilities is what they have gone on to since. Scraping around semi-professional leagues in Eastern Europe.

He went back to Kaunas, but doesn't appear to have played this season.

Ivaskevicius also went back to Kaunas but left after they were demoted. The last record of him is being on trial with Ukranian side FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih, but again there is no record of him playing any matches.

He is playing there...he came on as a sub in these games

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2009/11/01/ukraine/premier-league/fc-kryvbas-kryvyi-rih/fc-obolon-kyiv/786557/

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2009/11/22/ukraine/premier-league/fc-kryvbas-kryvyi-rih/fc-karpaty-lviv/786573/

He played for Lithuania in the World Cup qualifying too (as did Pilibaitis,who seemed to be a regular)

Strongly disagree to be honest. Let's not re-write history here, Ksanavicius was hopeless, utterly hopeless. I have never known a Hearts player give the ball away so frequently. He was constantly muscled off the ball, was one paced, had no right foot, posed no goal threat and was directly culpable for our cup exit against Motherwell when he missed an open goal from 6 yards when we were 2-0 up.

I actually agree that Ivaskevicius did have something about him, but a strong indicator of these players abilities is what they have gone on to since. Scraping around semi-professional leagues in Eastern Europe.

I'm not sure how a player failing to score when 2-0 up can be directly responsible for us losing?!

I thought Ksanavicius showed flashes of quality. He showed more attacking skill than most of our current squad (though I don't think he was necessarily better) and was a useful option to bring off the bench. His consistancy and overall contribution were questionable though.

I agree with your last paragraph and of course it applies equally to Ksanavicius.

Not sure if i'm thinking about the same incident but it was Miko that missed from 6 yards when we were 2-0 up but the fault lay with Velicka who got in Mikos way.

He is playing there...he came on as a sub in these games

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2009/11/01/ukraine/premier-league/fc-kryvbas-kryvyi-rih/fc-obolon-kyiv/786557/

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2009/11/22/ukraine/premier-league/fc-kryvbas-kryvyi-rih/fc-karpaty-lviv/786573/

He played for Lithuania in the World Cup qualifying too (as did Pilibaitis,who seemed to be a regular)

Another one who was very timid. Must have come on if he is a regular for Lithuania, no world beaters but they are a decent International side.

didn't say he would be brilliant or even good just possibly a bit better, are you trying to say he'd be a lot worse than some of the imposters this season

Not sure if i'm thinking about the same incident but it was Miko that missed from 6 yards when we were 2-0 up but the fault lay with Velicka who got in Mikos way.

and yes you are correct, iirc Miko got all the fall out from it but it was Velicka's fault

Francis Albert

We miss him IMO. We currently have no-one better at playing "in the hole" which is essential in Csaba's fixed formation.

100% without any doubt what so ever that it was Ksanavicius. Gorgie end, Tynecastle, 3rd round of the Scottish cup, Motherwell's first game after the death of Phil O'Donnell.

100% without any doubt what so ever that it was Ksanavicius. Gorgie end, Tynecastle, 3rd round of the Scottish cup, Motherwell's first game after the death of Phil O'Donnell.

nope

EDIT - Match Report

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/hearts-2-motherwell-2-20080112_2241469_43252

Plus the incident was at 2-2, not 2-0, see bit just above the Chesney picture

We miss him IMO. We currently have no-one better at playing "in the hole" which is essential in Csaba's fixed formation.

Sorry Francis, but I'm in absolute disagreement with this. Ksanavicius would only serve to make this team worse, a lot worse.

nope

Sorry but you are incorrect. It was definitely Ksanavicius who missed. Velicka missed a bad chance in the replay at Fir Park, but 'Audrey' cost us the game at Tynecastle. Ball came in from the right hand side and came to Ksanavicius at the far post, any decent contact and he'd have scored but he fluffed it. Kurskis was in goals that day too.

See the paragraph that starts: 'That was on 52 minutes'.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/hearts-2-motherwell-2-20080112_2241469_43252

Drylaw Hearts

The little Hobbit was garbage.

So was No.28.

They'd both probably be decent 5-a-side players though.

If either were any good they wouldn't be playing at the level they currently are.

I think the hate was unjustified.He was a grafter which is more than can be said for a lot of the team at the moment.

Martin_T, iirc that chance wasn't as clear cut as you remember, he probably should have scored but it is a chance that is just as easily missed and don't think it can be labelled as a major turning point that cost us the game

the Velicka/Miko incident at 2-2 was a far more criminal incident

but we can agree to disagree on that one

Martin_T, iirc that chance wasn't as clear cut as you remember, he probably should have scored but it is a chance that is just as easily missed and don't think it can be labelled as a major turning point that cost us the game

the Velicka/Miko incident at 2-2 was a far more criminal incident

but we can agree to disagree on that one

Malky, the incident I was referring to from the start of this thread was when were 2-0 up, you confused it with another incident that occurred when it was 2-2. Ksanavicius was in acres of space and could have brought the ball down and passed it into the net. 3-0 and Motherwell weren't coming back.

Anyway that was just one incident. The players overall performance in a maroon jersey was gashtastic. 2 goals in nearly 40 appearances from a forward player is beyond pish.

The players overall performance in a maroon jersey was gashtastic. 2 goals in nearly 40 appearances from a forward player is beyond pish.

not denying it, the point I'm making is that looking at the team now, is he any more gash than the pish we have?

One of my most disliked players. He was the Lithuanian David Obua in terms of lack of effort and always playing him no matter how bad he was. The only time he ever tried was diving to try and win a free kick, then going mental at the ref.

It was trying to fit him into the team that started this whole one upfront nonsense we've had for the past few seasons.

:clap:

Great summary of the player's "abilities".

Utter garbage.

I think all the Lithuanians got too much stick when everybody in their position would have been pish.

Chucked(forced) into a team and expected to play well. They were always onto a loser.

They all showed flashes of decent play. Ivaskevicius turned into our best player when he played Rangers, Pilibitis looked great when Kaunas knocked out Rangers and Ksanavicius played some cracking games.

If they had signed for another team without being forced by their owner into the first 11, they could have been decent SPL players.

I'm wondering if Kaunas actually IS a football team or an employment agency owned by Romanov! They come, they go, they disappear never to be heard of again.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The squad disunity and blow to the confidence of our youngsters far more than outweighed any 'nice touches' they may have shown.

Good riddance.

Velicka- now wahtever happened to him??? Still picking up ?grands a week at der Hun??

Off load at tansfer windae me thinks , injured or not.

Malky, the incident I was referring to from the start of this thread was when were 2-0 up, you confused it with another incident that occurred when it was 2-2. Ksanavicius was in acres of space and could have brought the ball down and passed it into the net. 3-0 and Motherwell weren't coming back.

Anyway that was just one incident. The players overall performance in a maroon jersey was gashtastic. 2 goals in nearly 40 appearances from a forward player is beyond pish.

I remember the chance that Audrey missed.He had a great chance to make it 3 but his header towards the goal was shocking.

Thunderstruck

In the interests if balance, I would cite his goal against Motherwell at the start of last season - hardly the actions of a "powder puff". He knew the keeper was going to catch him but carried on to ensure the goal.

I can recall a number of games where he made a telling contribution and where a number of those who actually go to games gave him MoM ratings. HIs main failing was a lack of consistency although, in that respect, he was far from alone in the team during the 07/08 season.

In the interests if balance, I would cite his goal against Motherwell at the start of last season - hardly the actions of a "powder puff". He knew the keeper was going to catch him but carried on to ensure the goal.

I can recall a number of games where he made a telling contribution and where a number of those who actually go to games gave him MoM ratings. HIs main failing was a lack of consistency although, in that respect, he was far from alone in the team during the 07/08 season.

I held a season ticket for all of Ksanavicius seasons at the club and recall one man of the match performance (4-2 v Rangers). He did have the occassional good pass, but 9 out of 10 of his passes went to opposition players. He was easily one of the worst I've seen in a Hearts jersey, although admittedly I am not old enough to remember the yo-yo years of the late 70's, early 80's.

What? Ukraine league is definitely stronger than Scotland's. Even if his team Krivbass are bottom of the league.

As for Ksanavicius he only played a couple of games for Kaunas before their demotion. He had an injury and only played some Futsal this year. He'll probably be back next season (in Lithuania it starts only in March). It's also possible he might retire, he was close to doing that few years ago because of injuries.

What? Ukraine league is definitely stronger than Scotland's. Even if his team Krivbass are bottom of the league.

As for Ksanavicius he only played a couple of games for Kaunas before their demotion. He had an injury and only played some Futsal this year. He'll probably be back next season (in Lithuania it starts only in March). It's also possible he might retire, he was close to doing that few years ago because of injuries.

I thought he was last heard of as being on trial at Kryvbas, but failed to win a contract? Wiki doesn't list him as a squad member and soccer base has no appearance for this season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Kryvbas_Kryvyi_Rih

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=44706

I always had Ksnavicius down as an honest hard working player.

However his lack of stamina, height and strength meant he always struggled to cope with the nature of the football in the SPL.

It's far to easy to pigeon hole Lithuanian's and foreigner's as all being the same, some actually want to do a shift for the club.

I thought he was last heard of as being on trial at Kryvbas, but failed to win a contract? Wiki doesn't list him as a squad member and soccer base has no appearance for this season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Kryvbas_Kryvyi_Rih

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=44706

Soccerbase has only proper British football data, while Wikipedia can somtimes be very outdated.

Here he is on the Ukraine PL site:

http://www.fpl.ua/ukr/visit/1/19462/

Them pesky Lithuanians!

Thought Shammy played well in his debut vs Barcelona - sadly he peaked in that game.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Debatable. What is not debatable is that yer man Iva was rancid.

Debatable.

It's not y'know...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/fink_tank/article6868817.ece

"Who comes out the strongest in Europe? It?s England, and it?s not simply a ?big four? thing. Spain, Germany, Italy and France follow and then, surprisingly, come Ukraine."

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
It's not y'know...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/fink_tank/article6868817.ece

"Who comes out the strongest in Europe? It?s England, and it?s not simply a ?big four? thing. Spain, Germany, Italy and France follow and then, surprisingly, come Ukraine."

Nah, it must be because their teams get to play so many "pre-qualifying" matches. Being the best of the crap is nothing to boast about.:2thumbsup:

Nah, it must be because their teams get to play so many "pre-qualifying" matches. Being the best of the crap is nothing to boast about.:2thumbsup:

"Best of the crap"? Shakhtar are reigning UEFA Cup/Europa League holders, Eldar: when could a Scottish club last say that? Dynamo Kiev are still a big name in Europe, and UEFA Cup semi-finalists last season; and Metalist Kharkiv have come on leaps and bounds over the past few years, and had some superb results in Europe. UEFA Cup last 16 last season, in which Kiev only edged them out on away goals. When did a non-OF side last reach the last 16? Ukraine were World Cup quarter-finalists as well.

Care to reassess at all?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
"Best of the crap"? Shakhtar are reigning UEFA Cup/Europa League holders, Eldar: when could a Scottish club last say that? Dynamo Kiev are still a big name in Europe; and Metalist Kharkiv have come on leaps and bounds over the past few years, and had some superb results in Europe. UEFA Cup quarter-finalists last season; when could a non-OF side last say that? Ukraine were World Cup quarter-finalists as well.

Care to reassess at all?

Let's get this thread back on topic...

:curtain:

Let's get this thread back on topic...

:curtain:

I dunno Eldar. Seems like he's playing for a crap club in a stronger league now. Meanwhile, Angel Cervenkov is top of the Bulgarian league as manager of Litex Lovech, who only finished 4th last season!

It doesn't say a lot for Romanov's Hearts' ability to get the best out of people in either case.

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe it's Scottish fitba that is backward?

?

Are you implying thats the reason these 2 players in particular didn't look any good ?

Archived