Spiders!

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

I hadn't seen one for about 6 months and then I see 2 in my room in one night.

Hate the little gimps, is it time for them to come back? :mad:

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
BOO

Don't mind pictures of them, what annoys me most is I have to finish the last of my Irn Bru so I can hit them with the bottle.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
Never mind the spiders, did you batter your fish in yet?!

If I can train him up to eat the spiders he may be in with a chance of staying alive.

Here's one I caught in the autumn, not the biggest, but plenty big for me. It's in a measuring jug, about the same size as a pint glass!

bigspider1.jpg

bigspider1-1.jpg

I hope you done a thigh slapping dance on its head.

It was released back into the wild of my garden with a stern warning.

Spiders are good, spiders eat wasps, which are pure evil, and flies, which are disgusting.

The only problem with spiders is that they are scary as ****. They move too fast for a small thing and they have too many legs. Also, they crawl over your face at night when you're asleep, which is not good. But if you can get over these things, and I'm trying to, you have to come to the conclusion that spiders are mostly cool, because of the eating flies and wasps thing.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate flies, they are truly disgusting, eating s**t then landing on your sandwich. Vomiting on your chocolate or your slice of apple pie. Also, they come from maggots, freakin' maggots! Maggots make me squirm. My flesh is creeping now.

I also hate cockroaches and once poured an entire kettle full of boiling water over a cockroach whilst doing a night shift. I was in a place surrounded with electrical equipment, switches and cable everywhere, not least under the floorboards, but regardless, I emptied a kettle over the fecker. I was on my own and this thing was the size of a cat.

I also hate cockroaches and once poured an entire kettle full of boiling water over a cockroach whilst doing a night shift. I was in a place surrounded with electrical equipment, switches and cable everywhere, not least under the floorboards, but regardless, I emptied a kettle over the fecker. I was on my own and this thing was the size of a cat.

Did it work? If they can survive a nuclear bomb how is some hot water going to do the trick?

My house seemed to turn into a club for the giant house spider's of Edinburgh throughout the summer.

We caught and killed around 7 in the space of 3 months.

I've heard the male ones are the ones you find running about the house as the frantically search for a female during mating season. Well we must have the neighbourhood bicycle somewhere in our floor boards if that's the case.

It's now making me used to the feckers. Can't see me getting used to cockroaches though, even though I am going to Ibiza for the summer, absolutely hate the ****ers. Never seen a cockroach in my Edinburgh flat for the 21 years I've been here but if I ever do I'm moving out. Minging.

Sydney is Cockroach Central. The only place I saw cockies in Edinburgh was around the dishwashing machine in Mackie's (yes, it was a while ago). We used to flick them into the machine with a towel.

Spiders inside the house, no thanks, but outside they're good for martyring mossies .

Did it work? If they can survive a nuclear bomb how is some hot water going to do the trick?

Of course it worked!

I broiled the little git.

They can't survive a nuclear bomb, they're not affected by radiation fallout, but you can blow them to **** with even a very small nuclear device.

chester copperpot

Spiders rock.

They keep houses clear of a whole manner of cretins and beasties.

Scary looking wee feckers, but dont bother humans.

Wee Statto: An average person will eat 3 spiders in their sleep :scared:

spiders are bawbags, i fecking hate them.

been playing umbrella chronicles on the wii where you get attacked by big gian **** off tarantula's the size of a cow, safe to say i havent been sleeping well recently.

Spiders rock.

They keep houses clear of a whole manner of cretins and beasties.

Scary looking wee feckers, but dont bother humans.

Cheers andy, i really didni want to know that:sad:

Sexton Hardcastle

try this - to scare them off put a concker in the corner of the windowsill or shelf where they usually mingle. dont know why or how this works but its some old folks tale. Tried it last summer in the batheroom and havent seen any since. wortha bash.. now for you to try and find some conckers

chester copperpot
Cheers andy, i really didni want to know that:sad:

I said an average person, so it'll be more like 8 for you :laugh:

See you tonight for a few beers my dear?

hahahaaa - aye right then!!!

should hopefully be in westies, hoping to get a lift over with eddie, as john down at Gala:)

jamboinglasgow

I'm not archnaphobic, just dont like the b***ers, if they kept outside then eveything would be ok. Though believe it or not, I have a great fear of the fake spiders that you can buy. Think it stemmed from the big black one my older brothers chucked at me when I was young. But even when I go into a toy store I clench up when I see them, when I have children they will not be allowed to have them.

According to the QI book of general ignorance (love that book, best fiver I have ever spent on a book) Cockroaches wont survive a nuclear war, they can withstand more radiation then us but are not the ones who survive, apparntly a fruit fly can survive 64x as much radiation as humans and the parasetic wasp can survive 180x. Why cant we be the ones who survive the most radiation or a nice fluffy puppy, not annoying insects.

I couldn't care less what spiders do for us in terms of eating flies/wasps etc. Quite frankly I hate the little 8-legged *******s.

If I see a fly/wasp in my house, I will kill it myself I don't need an annoying little spider fecker doing it for me!!

Though believe it or not, I have a great fear of the fake spiders that you can buy. Think it stemmed from the big black one my older brothers chucked at me when I was young. But even when I go into a toy store I clench up when I see them, when I have children they will not be allowed to have them.

AAAAAARRRGH! Same as me m8. F****** big brothers, ruined my younger childhood with a similar ploy.

DuffKirkMacKenzie
Spiders rock.

Andy, I've seen you once. You must be swallowing the cats that ate the spiders as well.;):P

Andy, I've seen you once. You must be swallowing the cats that ate the spiders as well.;):P

hahahahaaa - quality...... High Five

sorry andy!!! but that was funny!

I P Knightley

Wee Statto: An average person will eat 3 spiders in their sleep

Who finds this stuff out?

I don't believe that there can be any reliable research to support this claim but I did once eat a spider when I was awake. No specific taste to report. Didn't get a kiss off my (arachnophobe) girlfriend for a week.

chester copperpot

I'll kick your ass ;)

And there's nought wrong with eating a bit pussy now and then.

chester copperpot
Who finds this stuff out?

I don't believe that there can be any reliable research to support this claim but I did once eat a spider when I was awake. No specific taste to report. Didn't get a kiss off my (arachnophobe) girlfriend for a week.

Ach I know its not a scientific fact about spiders, just something that I'd heard.

Might try that technique for getting away from the wife.

the thing about every human will eat 3 spiders in their lifetime :blah::blah::blah: was just an experiment to see how fast a slightly believable rumour would spread. started by some group of welts thats all i know

Archived