Perfect for the vegetarian in YOUR life, this Christmas.

The People's Chimp

Mmmm...looks simply divine!

And don't forget the gravy!

tofurkey1.jpg

Yeah, some turkey gravy and a bit of bacon across the top could be real tasty

I can't get my head around why so many vegetarain dishes are created to try to look like real food. Doesn't seem right somehow.

This makes me angry. :43:

this...

I can't get my head around why so many vegetarain dishes are created to try to look like real food. Doesn't seem right somehow.

and this...

i would prosecute them - obviously finding them guilty - and punish by way of forcing a sliced sausage roll down their necks.

this...

and this...

i would prosecute them - obviously finding them guilty - and punish by way of forcing a sliced sausage roll down their necks.

Are you confusing me with a vegetarian for some reason I can't fathom? I've eaten more sausage rolls than you are capable of imagining.

Are you confusing me with a vegetarian for some reason I can't fathom? I've eaten more sausage rolls than you are capable of imagining.

no mate, not at all.

If we were supposed to be vegetarian why are animals made out of meat?

I notice that you guys don't have a specific vegetarian to pick on here - will I do? :stuart:

:10900: are you edible?

I have to admit that I usually prefer it to be an attractive lassie who's asking me that question. :smiley2: I suppose I am, a sort of vertical pig.

I have to admit that I usually prefer it to be an attractive lassie who's asking me that question. :smiley2: I suppose I am, a sort of vertical pig.

:bravo: pmsl - You'll have an aversion to vegetarian lassies then. Is that not sexist?

I know a guy that went vegetarian for a girl. Gave up all of the goodness of eating things like bacon, roast dinners etc for "love". For the duration of their relationship, this held.

Once he got rid of her, back eating real scoff! I was proud of him the first day he told me he picked up a kebab on the way home reekin'! :)

:bravo: pmsl - You'll have an aversion to vegetarian lassies then. Is that not sexist?

I prefer my lassies not to be *completely* vegetarian. :smiley2: I have to say though, I wouldn't touch that Tofurky stuff with a bargepole. There is something to be said for vegetarian food that looks and tastes like meat though. Although I became a vegetarian many moons ago, I liked the taste of meat beforehand so it's nice from time to time to be able to enjoy some of the same (or similar) tastes and textures again. Also, for many people who're making the move from carnivore to veggie, meat look-alikes often make it easier for them - they can cook the same dishes with veggie substitutes etc.

There, that's me had my say - now I can go and tuck in to that fake T-bone steak I have in the fridge. :stuart:

I prefer my lassies not to be *completely* vegetarian. :smiley2: I have to say though, I wouldn't touch that Tofurky stuff with a bargepole. There is something to be said for vegetarian food that looks and tastes like meat though. Although I became a vegetarian many moons ago, I liked the taste of meat beforehand so it's nice from time to time to be able to enjoy some of the same (or similar) tastes and textures again. Also, for many people who're making the move from carnivore to veggie, meat look-alikes often make it easier for them - they can cook the same dishes with veggie substitutes etc.

There, that's me had my say - now I can go and tuck in to that fake T-bone steak I have in the fridge. :stuart:

I'm missing something here. If you like meat why are you a vegetarian?

I'm missing something here. If you like meat why are you a vegetarian?

No, you're not missing anything. I don't eat meat because I don't want to take life unnecessarily, especially of beings that can think and feel, and I live in a society where I can do that without any problem. My choice. Having eaten meat for many years before I became a veggie, I developed a taste for certain types of meat, as we all do. Although I made the choice to become veggie, those tastes don't disappear overnight. I have to admit though, as the years have gone by, I've missed those tastes less and less. I guess it's like giving up anything - fags, alcohol, chocolate etc.

I was a vegetarian for 15 years...gave it up last year, and it's the best decision I ever made in my life. I'm not sick as a dog anymore, lost weight, look better...and all that delicious, delicious MEAT!!!

No negatives whatsoever. I have no idea why I was ever so ridiculous.

No, you're not missing anything. I don't eat meat because I don't want to take life unnecessarily, especially of beings that can think and feel, and I live in a society where I can do that without any problem. My choice. Having eaten meat for many years before I became a veggie, I developed a taste for certain types of meat, as we all do. Although I made the choice to become veggie, those tastes don't disappear overnight. I have to admit though, as the years have gone by, I've missed those tastes less and less. I guess it's like giving up anything - fags, alcohol, chocolate etc.

I understand why vergetarians are vegetarians. But if all the animals are being killed unnecessarily then you may as well eat them. Either way they are going to continue getting killed and munched so if its not you eatting it someone else will.

scottish_chicP

I could never be a vegetarian. I was going to say I love meat but being a girl that's probably not the best wording to use:stuart:

I understand why vergetarians are vegetarians. But if all the animals are being killed unnecessarily then you may as well eat them. Either way they are going to continue getting killed and munched so if its not you eatting it someone else will.

Aha, good question. :smiley2: I suppose I should put it like this: I've been veggie for 16 years now so if you add up all the meat that I haven't eaten in that time, I've probably saved a few animals, and that's just the way I want it to be. And if you add up all those on the planet who are or who become veggie, or merely cut down on the consumption of meat, then we're talking about a whole sh*t load of animals. "Mony a mickle maks a muckle" and all that. :curtain:

Some people like myself can't eat meat - it makes me physically sick. Its easy not to be tempted to eat meat when you can't physically do it.

I grew up rejecting one meat dish after another until there was none I could eat, and vegetarian food doesn't have that problem for me.

As for your earlier comment about humans always eating meat - I think that is scientifically incorrect. I think our digestive system is like other apes built for fruit, veg, and nuts.

I used to have a boss who pretended to be vegetarian when at home with his wife (who was a veggie). Whenever we had meals with the work, he would eat fish, steaks, and whatever else he couldn't get at home!

Miller Jambo 60

If its anything like vegie haggis.

Bokkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

The pits.

Veg curry, yuk

The Old Tolbooth

A meal isn't a meal unless there's half a pig, cow, sheep, rabbit, chicken, deer or fish on it, and that's all on the same plate!!!!!

If its anything like vegie haggis.

Bokkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

The pits.

Veg curry, yuk

Veggie haggis can be ok sometimes.

Curry is one dish that is primarily vegetarian and is usually veggie in its native India. A lot of the Veggie Curries you buy in the supermarkets are ****e though - you get much better in Indian Resturaunts e.g. Lancers.

I could never be a vegetarian. I was going to say I love meat but being a girl that's probably not the best wording to use:stuart:

Do you prefer some pork or a bit of beef ?

:D

Victor Mancini

that tofu **** up top looks rank, had much better crimbo dinners than that pash, total novelty.

as a veggie i was gutted to find out that sos-mix was taken off the market this year due to a takeover of companies,

shallowed fried with a littlie chopped onion through it, really was the perfect foil for an egg doubler,

been a veggie all my life(my mums idea) and don't think i could ever eat meat, the smell of it gives me the boak if its cooked near me,

and MJ60 how can you no like veg curry? its the business

Always chuckle at the memory of travelling back from Krakow last year with the bloke sitting in the opposite isle on the flight home with said chap being clearly hungover and stinking of the previous night's booze. Then when the stewardess started handing out the sarnies, he requested the vegetarian option - presumably because he chooses not to abuse his body in the world he lives in!!!

Spitonastranger
Its only natural to eat meat, humans have done it forever.

Anyone here a vegeterian?

You will probable find most vegaterians and vegans are against the way the food is farmed and produced. Also the amount of additives and other harmful drugs that are fed to the animals and in the production of it. Sorry for the serious answer, but people who get angry at someone for being vegetarian doesnt ,make sense to me. :2thumbsup:

Archived