What has VR done in the last few days...........

Gambo

............to cause this outpouring of 'renewed' hatred towards him?

I am sure that if Csaba had buckled down and got on with the job in hand we would not be seeing the VR GTF threads or save our hearts 2 type of threads.

We would not be seeing these type of threads/posts if we had won some/most of the games we should have been winning (imo), if Csaba had put his toys back in the pram and got the results that were there for the taking i have no doubt whatsoever that we would be seeing a lot of threads along the lines of................'see what happens VR when you let a manager manage', now though that that manager is getting it consistently wrong it is all VR's fault.

So why is VR taking the battering right now when he has no control (what we all wanted) over what Csaba does with the team through the week and how he sets them up on match days. The end of January imo is the next time VR should take stick for what is available to go on the pitch.

VR has a lot to take the blame for, but imo now is not the time. Csaba (the manager who is left to his own devices with regards to team selection) is the man who is not doing his job right now and showing very little interest in doing so, so why i ask is VR taking the rap for this?

I can understand if it is about not firing or dealing with Csaba, but i don't think the folk posting these threads/posts are having a go at him for that.

So why, can i ask, do some posters feel now is the time to start those sort of threads? I could understand if VR had done something really bad in the last few days or something had been announced re the debt etc, but i have seen/heard nothing from VR over the last few days/weeks that justifies these sort of threads, why were they not there in the same numbers in Sept/Oct? What has happened, except for poor results/performances in which imo are down to the manager, since then to bring about this?

This is not a pro VR thread (unless you berate VR at every opportunity, you are labelled a Vlad lover) as he does have faults, but why are poor performances on the park from a team a lot of us feel we should be getting better out of, VR and not Csabas fault. Csaba is the one i heard getting slated on the way out of the game on Saturday, what have i missed that made it all VR's fault, what is it he did that will have a major impact on the Killie game (apart from not signing Torres:stuart:)?

This also not a 'you want VR out what next' thread, just a genuine question asking ......why now, what has happened to make these threads appear?

VR from what i can see is sitting back dealing with the off field things and letting the manager get on with it on the field (as we all wanted), we will find out in the next couple of sets of accounts how he is doing in the off the field business, but what is happening on the field is apparant to all (well almost all:stuart:) now and Csaba has to answer to that.

As a very staunch hater of VR on here points out, now is not the time to blame/hound VR, now is the time to question Csaba, thats my viewpoint, i know and respect others have differing viewpoints, but why now, why the sudden outpouring this week after a home defeat to St.Johnstone?

Results and performances are being affected by the managers petulant huff.

Petulant huff is caused by a percieved lack of support from

above.

Therefore.....

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Because when we lose and play like crap it reminds us that almost everything Romanov has done at the club since 2006 has resulted in a situation where we lose and play like crap. Gordon Brown is not an unpopular Prime Minister because he's done some unpopular things things in the last few days. People don't just reset their brains every day and start again.

Because when we lose and play like crap it reminds us that almost everything Romanov has done at the club since 2006 has resulted in a situation where we lose and play like crap. Gordon Brown is not an unpopular Prime Minister because he's done some unpopular things things in the last few days. People don't just reset their brains every day and start again.

Spot on.

Question: Answered

Geoff Kilpatrick

Because we are a bunch of hypocrites.

Romanov is only acceptable as long as he is spending money on the team. Even then, we reserve the right to criticise if the players are sh*te!

a lot of it is down to how peoples' logic operates.

i see a lot of people refusing to separate the week-to-week managing of the football team from the business of player recruitment / owner 'backing' the manager.

if you can view these things separately and keep the issues unconfused then the chances are you will see laszlo at fault for poor results.

if you can't then romanov invariably gets it in the gregory peck.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Because we are a bunch of hypocrites.

Romanov is only acceptable as long as he is spending money on the team. Even then, we reserve the right to criticise if the players are sh*te!

:curtain:

Brown v Romanov. That's a game of Russian Roulette I'd love to see :smiley2:

Laszlo is just a symptom, Romanov is the actual illness. I'm sure I've heard something similar used somewhere before?

Nelly Terraces

1. Doesn't show up to suffer watching the garbage we have to endure every week.

2. Appointed another dud manager.

3. Hasn't sacked him like any other club would have after Saturdays final straw.

4. Is a ******.

Results and performances are being affected by the managers petulant huff.

Petulant huff is caused by a percieved lack of support from

above.

Therefore.....

The 12,000 Hearts fans that turned up on Saturday are not expecting to pay Csaba ?200k a year to behave like a feckin bairn with a petted lip.

3. Hasn't sacked him like any other club would have after Saturdays final straw.

4. Is a ******.

Yea i'm with you Nelly.:2thumbsup:

The 12,000 Hearts fans that turned up on Saturday are not expecting to pay Csaba ?200k a year to behave like a feckin bairn with a petted lip.

That wouldn't be a bad job though, given the wage on offer :curtain:

Guest JamboRobbo

The ship is off course and he is the captain. It's not what he's done in the last few days, it's the way he's chosen to run us over a number of years that has led to a slow downward spiral to the point we've reached at the moment.

Ultimately, he is responsible for where we are right now.

Vlad GTF.

The ship is off course and he is the captain. It's not what he's done in the last few days, it's the way he's chosen to run us over a number of years that has led to a slow downward spiral to the point we've reached at the moment.

Vlad GTF.

Where we are in the league right now imo anyway is 100% down to Csaba.

2nd/3rd/4th in the league and we would not be having this discussion imo, i think we would be having reminders from you on a daily basis about your old signature.

Even if Laszlo is sacked we will be back to this stage inside 6 months....even if a new manager comes in quickly. Just like we were after Burley, Rix, Frail and all the others. The hole club is sick, not just the manager.

Guest JamboRobbo

2nd/3rd/4th in the league and we would not be having this discussion imo, i think we would be having reminders from you on a daily basis about your old signature.

You're entitled to your opinion Gambo. I'm entitled to mine.

I gave Vlad credit for appointing a manager and letting him manage.

Now after failing to back him in the summer, he's getting stick for failing to back that manager over the summer. The worst thing is, not only did he choose not to back him, but actually choosing to publically undermine the manager regardless of any effect it has on HMFC.

Vlad cares more about his own ego than HMFC winning football matches, and has shown it again this season.

The horrible (and incredibly stupid) mix-up between Csaba and Vlad over the matter of singing (or indeed, not singing) a semi-decent striker during the last transfer window leaves a huge question mark over our leader in this season's debacle.

Or if we were playing regularly in the champions league.

Now, who said that?

The reality is so far away from his early boasts and promises it's not true. Some of us realised that some time ago though.

The Mighty Thor

Vlad GTF.

I think most people agree Csaba needs to go. However, many people, myself included, feel that changing the manager will not solve all our problems. It really is time to start addressing the problems, though I conceded in reality there is very little we can change.

The actions that see us continually getting worse on and off the park are down to one mans actions. Let's be honest we are not a million miles away from facing a potentially fatal scenario. We get relegated and the financial ramifications could be fatal.

You mention now is not the time to discuss Vlads failings but when is?

All Vlad has really done for us is keep us at Tynie. That's enough for some people to let him run a muck at Tynie. But to mere Hearts are lot more than the bricks and asbestos of Tynie. I think more and more people are begining to realise that.

OK we've been over this ground many many times before.

It's all Vlad's fault.

So we've got 6 games until new year and the transfer window re-opens. Until then we're lumbered with what we've got. That is to say 'the messiah' - our lord and saviour, the final piece of our jigsaw, the signing that will fire us to Champions league glory, an as yet unidentified striker won't be here until Jan at the earliest.

In the meantime Csaba, sorry Vald has put us 9th with his negative tactics and shockingly poor use of his playing staff.

The big question is how does Vlad get us 3 points this weekend? What does the 'mad fud?' do to win us what is a very important game?

Over to you.

scots civil war

the o.p is clearly stoking the fires here,its all been done before chief

however im sure the jkbers that have answered on this,have answered succinctly enough

bravo

You're entitled to your opinion Gambo. I'm entitled to mine.

I gave Vlad credit for appointing a manager and letting him manage.

Now after failing to back him in the summer, he's getting stick for failing to back that manager over the summer. The worst thing is, not only did he choose not to back him, but actually choosing to publically undermine the manager regardless of any effect it has on HMFC.

Vlad cares more about his own ego than HMFC winning football matches, and has shown it again this season.

So Csaba is all about one player, he does not get that one player and is entitled to p155 about with us until the next time he has the opportunity to get that one player in.

What if that one player turns out to be crap, what then, who do we blame (it's ok, i knoww the answer)?

auguably our best performance of the season or certainly the one where players showed most heart was the celtic cup game. The motivational talk was done by vlad! So in my opinion the players are not being inspired by old brown shoes anymore.

Guest JamboRobbo

The big question is how does Vlad get us 3 points this weekend? What does the 'mad fud?' do to win us what is a very important game?

Over to you.

I'd suggest he call up Csaba, apologise for the way he acted over the summer, apologise for the comments in the press, then get the players together and apologise to Csaba in front of them, then tell the players Csaba will be here for a long time to come so they better get their act together and start to play for him, then ask Csaba if there is anything that can be done right now to help him.

That would be a good start.

Colonel Kurtz

I think what has happened it that we have reached a Russian Rubicon.

The Pravda posters on here are being roundly laughed at now,and the party line of blame the manager is sounding like a stuck record.

I believe the The Russian will learn to his detriment that you can only pesh on Hearts fans for so long

Guest JamboRobbo
So Csaba is all about one player, he does not get that one player and is entitled to p155 about with us until the next time he has the opportunity to get that one player in.

What if that one player turns out to be crap, what then, who do we blame (it's ok, i knoww the answer)?

No, it's not all about one player. It's about backing the manager. I'm not going to let you wind me up with your BS Gambo. You think Vlad is the messiah, that is your right. I'm entitled to my opinion too.

As this thread shows, there are a number on this forum who apparently do. :smoking:

No, it's not all about one player. It's about backing the manager. I'm not going to let you wind me up with your BS Gambo. You think Vlad is the messiah, that is your right. I'm entitled to my opinion too.

Jesus wept, as you said earlier it is about opinions, what the flip is the highlighted all about?

Where have i said VR is the messiah?

VR has faults and this might come as a huge shock to you SO DOES CSABA and right now Csabas faults have us nearer the bottom that the top.

4. Is a ******.

Bring back.....>>>>> :hang:

I'd suggest he call up Csaba, apologise for the way he acted over the summer, apologise for the comments in the press, then get the players together and apologise to Csaba in front of them, then tell the players Csaba will be here for a long time to come so they better get their act together and start to play for him, then ask Csaba if there is anything that can be done right now to help him.

Aawwww, Csaba, the poor wee lamb, my heart bleeds.

Do you not think it is Csaba who should be getting the players at his disposal to perform for him, or are you wanting VR to interfere in the dressing room again?

He is in for a big shock in the big wide footballing world if he acts like this everytime he is denied a player. In fact i do not think he would last as long at many clubs with his actions

Guest JamboRobbo
The horrible (and incredibly stupid) mix-up between Csaba and Vlad over the matter of singing (or indeed, not singing) a semi-decent striker during the last transfer window leaves a huge question mark over our leader in this season's debacle.

And I think Vlads public comments in some sort of feeble attempt to pin the blame for the "mix up" entirely on Csaba, show exactly what he's all about.

Cares more about his own ego than he does about HMFC.

Guest JamboRobbo
Aawwww, Csaba, the poor wee lamb, my heart bleeds.

Do you not think it is Csaba who should be getting the players at his disposal to perform for him, or are you wanting VR to interfere in the dressing room again?

He is in for a big shock in the big wide footballing world if he acts like this everytime he is denied a player. In fact i do not think he would last as long at many clubs with his actions

Aaww, poor Vlad, the poor wee lamb, getting a bit of stick on a football forum. He is in for a big shock in the big wide footballing world if he thinks the fans are stupid enough to believe BS excuse after bs excuse after bs excuse.

The sooner that **** is hounded out of HMFC the better.

The Mighty Thor

OK so Vlad comes in and apologises to Csaba (despite giving him an increased budget of ?1m for this season with which he never bought a striker)

Then what JR?

Vlad cannot 'help him' until 1st Jan 2010. Thats 6 games away. We will have played 18 games by then.

Do you believe that this poor man's Tony Ford has anything about him to be able to magically, after an apology from Vlad, take his squad of players up the league table by suddenly throwing off the shackles?

Do you honestly believe that? Do you think that Laszlo's been operating at 20% because he's aggrieved and in reality this team is top 3 material just awaiting the head coach to come out of his sulk?

I don't. We aren't where we are by accident.

Csaba's league record in 2009 is as follows

Played 31

won 9

lost 11

drawn 11

So we're really back to the big question again then.

How does Vlad get 3 points for us this weekend?

Guest JamboRobbo
OK so Vlad comes in and apologises to Csaba (despite giving him an increased budget of ?1m for this season with which he never bought a striker)

Then what JR?

Wait a minute. Are you saying we've increased our spending this year? Seriously? We've upped the wage bill again?

Truly unbeleivable but I think there must be some mistake surely? We're cutting the wage bill aren't we?

Vlad cannot 'help him' until 1st Jan 2010. Thats 6 games away. We will have played 18 games by then.

Hence why it was vital to not play silly buggers all summer, and actually sort it out. I said as much at the time.

Do you believe that this poor man's Tony Ford has anything about him to be able to magically, after an apology from Vlad, take his squad of players up the league table by suddenly throwing off the shackles?

Nope. But you asked what Vlad could do. there is little he can do right now, other than show support. That would be a start towards making up for his actions IMO.

Aaww, poor Vlad, the poor wee lamb, getting a bit of stick on a football forum. He is in for a big shock in the big wide footballing world if he thinks the fans are stupid enough to believe BS excuse after bs excuse after bs excuse.

The sooner that **** is hounded out of HMFC the better.

Evidently some Hearts fans are stupid enough.

I just can't be bothered with some posters lecturing us on why you can't separate Csaba and VR but then spend hours giving us pravda-esque statements backing VR while throwing mud in Csaba's direction.

Sack Csaba? Can't argue with it but be careful what you all wish for......

The Mighty Thor
Just for clarity purpose TMT, at no point have ever said Csaba is blameless in fact I'm in no doubt he needs to leave. Ftr I've never thought he was good manager.

That said just sacking out manager will not solve our problems. Vlad is making a horrible job of running club, our debt is out of control whilst our squad is unbalanced, over paid and largerly of poor quality. Vlads actions have been the main reason for this.

We can continually change managers as we have, but it is not changing anything we gradually seem to be getting worse. We need to look at the common denominator.

I don't disagree with a large chunk of that. I think that Vlad has not been particularly good for this club over the past 5 years. i think we've gone a long way from being structured the way we need to be to survive in our very parochial league.

Sadly as he owns the whole shebang we are pretty much in it for the long term unless 'pat the plumber' strikes it big on the Euro millions this Friday!

The more prescient danger as i see it is where do we get 3 points from on Saturday?

Hans von Luck

Dont see him calliung Vlad the messiah, yes Vlad has made mistakes "big ones" however the football team on the park and the way we play is down to one man - Csaba.

The honeymoon period for him is well and truly over, I agree with Gambo on this spit the dummy out and get on with the job.

If Laszlo is a rubbish manager then we probably have to ask why Romanov has appointed yet another rubbish manager. He, not Laszlo, has steered us into a seemingly irretrevable mire with our finances like a lead weight around our necks.

He could have managed things differently from day 1, it's his mistakes that have brought us here.

boabyarsebiscuit

This is all too depressing. Same old same old. Hearts fans bickering with Hearts fans while the club goes down the tubes.

The Mighty Thor
Wait a minute. Are you saying we've increased our spending this year? Seriously? We've upped the wage bill again?

Truly unbeleivable but I think there must be some mistake surely? We're cutting the wage bill aren't we?

Hence why it was vital to not play silly buggers all summer, and actually sort it out. I said as much at the time.

Nope. But you asked what Vlad could do. there is little he can do right now, other than show support. That would be a start towards making up for his actions IMO.

Yes JR we have increased our spending this year. All the players that Csaba Laszlo brought in this summer get paid. We even spent money on a transfer fee for a third goalkeeper.

It is amazing though isn't it. Despite the global financial position, despite the loss of the Setanta TV money out club owner backed his manager by giving him money to spend. The only club to spend more were Celtic and they had Champions League income too.

Now in terms of playing silly buggers, you are Csaba Laszlo, you are told you have an extra ?1m you can add to the wage bill, you know you need a striker what do you do?

do you;

a) sign a striker

or

B) sign two donkey central defenders, a third-rate third goalkeeper, a spanish waiter, a midfielder you never play and a huddy from the Austrian Maybury league

So we're agreed on one thing though. The Hungarian Tony Ford ain't the man for the job and we're going one way and it's not up.

Charlie-Brown
This is all too depressing. Same old same old. Hearts fans bickering with Hearts fans while the club goes down the tubes.

A wee bit melodramatic boaby we're not down the tubes yet and still two thirds of the season is still to play - either Csaba proves he can turnaround the teams poor results & performances or if it's already too late for that then appoint someone else who is committed to the job at hand and get the players playing better .... if we fall to the bottom of the league then Csaba's position is untenable.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes JR we have increased our spending this year. All the players that Csaba Laszlo brought in this summer get paid. We even spent money on a transfer fee for a third goalkeeper.

It is amazing though isn't it. Despite the global financial position, despite the loss of the Setanta TV money out club owner backed his manager by giving him money to spend. The only club to spend more were Celtic and they had Champions League income too.

Well I think you are completely wrong there. I think our wage bill has gone down this summer, due to the players leaving having been earning a lot more than players who came in.

If it hasn't come down, then it does beg the question why not, cause that is meant to be part of our current plan - to get wages down to a smaller % of turnover.

Now in terms of playing silly buggers, you are Csaba Laszlo, you are told you have an extra ?1m you can add to the wage bill, you know you need a striker what do you do?

do you;

a) sign a striker

or

B) sign two donkey central defenders, a third-rate third goalkeeper, a spanish waiter, a midfielder you never play and a huddy from the Austrian Maybury league

Well, if I'm Csaba Laszlo, I know that I can't actually sign anyone, as it is vlad and his cronies that do all the negotiating and the signing.

I can however ask them if I can have a look at a David Witeveen. I can have a look, then tell them I don't want him. I can also give them a list of strikers I do want.

And what will I get sent in the post? A David Witeveen.

So we're agreed on one thing though. The Hungarian Tony Ford ain't the man for the job and we're going one way and it's not up.

You can try and put words into peoples mouths if you like, but it won't mean they said them or believe them.

do you;

a) sign a striker

or

Careful, TMT. I agree that he needs to go, but you're in grave danger of exaggerating your case and beginning to re-write history.

We've hardly increased our spending this season. It's gone down after key players (and others) left. It's a strange kind of argument which chooses not to factor in these departures at all.

Moreover, you make it sound like Vlad hands the manager a fistful of cash, manager goes out and signs players with it. Actually, all the manager does is draw up a long list, which is then discussed by owner and Sporting Director; a process which I've no doubt was complicated by Korobochka's departure, especially as, Vlad being Vlad, I highly doubt he implemented a new structure to deal with this. More likely, things were just left in limbo.

That doesn't excuse the players he eventually signed at all (though one or maybe two weren't his choices anyway). But I don't think any manager here is in the clear-cut position of saying "I'm not signing anyone until I get a striker". I think they draw up a long list, and take what they're given from it. That's it. The whole structure of the club is at fault - not just the manager. If the structure doesn't change, we'll keep struggling.

And here's the thing: if the structure was right, and we were run normally by a sane owner, I don't think Csaba Laszlo would ever have got near the job anyway. We compromise ourselves with the structure of the club, and will hamstring any manager. Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall Tony Ford ever finishing 3rd. Personally, I see Laszlo as more of a cross between Joe Jordan and Tommy McLean - which isn't much of a commendation, I realise.

The Mighty Thor
Careful, TMT. I agree that he needs to go, but you're in grave danger of exaggerating your case and beginning to re-write history.

We've hardly increased our spending this season. It's gone down after key players (and others) left. It's a strange kind of argument which chooses not to factor in these departures at all.

Moreover, you make it sound like Vlad hands the manager a fistful of cash, manager goes out and signs players with it. Actually, all the manager does is draw up a long list, which is then discussed by owner and Sporting Director; a process which I've no doubt was complicated by Korobochka's departure, especially as, Vlad being Vlad, I highly doubt he implemented a new structure to deal with this. More likely, things were just left in limbo.

That doesn't excuse the players he eventually signed at all (though one or maybe two weren't his choices anyway). But I don't think any manager here is in the clear-cut position of saying "I'm not signing anyone until I get a striker". I think they draw up a long list, and take what they're given from it. That's it. The whole structure of the club is at fault - not just the manager. If the structure doesn't change, we'll keep struggling.

And here's the thing: if the structure was right, and we were run normally by a sane owner, I don't think Csaba Laszlo would ever have got near the job anyway. We compromise ourselves with the structure of the club, and will hamstring any manager. Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall Tony Ford ever finishing 3rd. Personally, I see Laszlo as more of a cross between Joe Jordan and Tommy McLean - which isn't much of a commendation, I realise.

OK Shaun a bit of license in the illustration but the point stands. Against a backdrop of a loss of TV revenue and a pre-determined policy of tightening our belts we went out and signed 6 players.

The structure of the club is wrong, of that there is no doubt. We have no foundation of a network of scouts bringing forward the next Levein or Webster etc. That is a huge handicap particularly when the next available option is the likes of a Bouzid/Santana/Balogh. The jury is out on the much fabled academy.

Whether the structure is right or wrong, whether the owner is sane or not the situation is what it is and has been for 5 years. It's the same as it was the day Laszlo first walked through the doors and it'll be the same the day he walks out for the last time too (hopefully in the very near future).

How does the collective hand wringing of the Vlad GTF merchants get us 3 points at Kilmarnock?

Hearts are owned, run and managed by a bunch of cocks.

And supported by a good few too.

It's time for change from top to bottom.

Radioactive Mince
Some of us have hated the **** for a while.

This.

During our decent run of results last winter I started a poll asking who was in support of VR's running of our club. Only 13% of respondents (over 300 in total iirc) were, even at that time.

I also sought to learn more about setting up a trust fund. I can't remember which member pm'd me with information. I was a new member at the time, so was accused of working for the media/being a hobo etc etc.

I suppose that during a winning run isn't the right time to try to organise a supporter led initiative either, is it?

Mince

Guest JamboRobbo

How does the collective hand wringing of the Vlad GTF merchants get us 3 points at Kilmarnock?

It doesn't. Thats a fair bit of the point. You don't get 3 points at Kilmarnock by doing something miraculous during the week leading up to the game, certainly not on a regular basis you don't.

You get 3 points at Kilmarnock on a regular basis by having the correct structures in place, a good manager allowed to do his thing and backed by the chairman/ower. In short, a properly run club from top to bottom, which in time results in getting 3 points at Kilmarnock becoming easy.

Archived