U2 to headline Glastonbury

blondejamtart

Need to find out whats on the other stages at the same time then! Id hoped for the Stones doing a greatest hits effort so this is a bit of a let down.

I just pray it doesnt rain all bloody week.

They were superb at Hampden.

I was especially smug when I heard things were going pear-shaped at Parkhead for Celtic against Arsenal. A lot of their fans gave away their U2 tickets to see Celtic instead. I think I only saw one Celtic tap all night!

I know who got the better deal! Gig was superb with a mixture of a lot of the current album (very underrated), and old (e.g. Unforgettable Fire).

Boaby Prentice

Went off them big time, far to righteous.

Last seen them at Parkhead, god know how long ago.

They were okay at best.

However the best part of the whole gig was when Bono asked for silence and started clapping, saying that every time he clapped a child in Africa died. One voice from near the front shouted (clear as a bell) ?well stop clapping and get on with it?.

They maybe manky but you can?t beat Glasgow humour.

Glasto is pish.

It's for the music in-crowd who all get free tickets and for gap-year students with rich parents.

Total murder.

I P Knightley

...but where are the next big stadium/festival fillers coming from?

It's a bit of a sad indictment that Michael Eavis has to rely on the likes of U2 and The Who to headline his festival (& in the States, where The Who have been lined up to play Superbowl half time in Feb). There's nobody of any convincing substance pushing them out of the way.

in a post spinal tap/nirvana world its damn near impossible to mix the integrity, the ability to play well live and the skill of writing popular songs. which means we are lift with bono.

dont know why i dont like U2, they have some really good songs, dont care what anyone says, sunday bloody sunday for one. went to see them in Dublin, huge light show, fireworks, everything done to excess, then Bono cuts the music and talks about the 3rd world, at which point im thinking fair doos for putting the message out there, but this is the wrong time surely? as ai say just dont know what it is that annoys me??

dont know why i dont like U2, they have some really good songs, dont care what anyone says, sunday bloody sunday for one. went to see them in Dublin, huge light show, fireworks, everything done to excess, then Bono cuts the music and talks about the 3rd world, at which point im thinking fair doos for putting the message out there, but this is the wrong time surely? as ai say just dont know what it is that annoys me??

Archived