Point and Shoot Cameras

Alan_R

Looking for a new digital camera.

Good quality, robust and doesn't cost a fortune. (looking to keep it under ?100 if poss)

any recommendations?

The Panasonic Lumix range are pretty impressive. Look nice and i've not had any problems with mine in the year and a half i've had it.

Try this link - you can sort in ascending/descending price for easy reading.

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/reviews/5/compactcameras.html

The Canon 480 scores well but ...it uses AA batteries which means it's not so slim and you have to buy new batteries or lug a charger around.

I bought an Olypus F330 from Tesco for around ?85, I think they still sell them. The catch being this model is exclusive to Tesco. However , on the plus side it's very slim and lightweight AND has X5 optical (not digital zoom).

In all honesty , unless you buy really cheap , for around ?100 they're all much the same (but check out size of the zoom lens , not the digital zoom).

The Panasonic Lumix range are pretty impressive. Look nice and i've not had any problems with mine in the year and a half i've had it.

That was what i originally wanted.

Decided to blow the budget instead. Ended up with a Sony, Carl Zeiss lens, HD quality and its nice and slim. Got a good deal. Hopefully last me a while.

Archived