1 member has voted

1. 1. Realistic new manager..

• Jefferies & Locke
    • McGlynn & Murray
    • Levein & Houston
    • Salvatori & Flogel
    • Burley & Hunt
    • Vlad & Rodney (St Johnstone)

Tried to Edit poll but unable, (sorry) Anyway ...dont think Vlad would even consider Robbo to be honest. If Robbo was currently managing a 1st Division team and doing well,he would . However Robbo has been kicking his heels for a while now(no pun intended).

I wish Craig Levein was our manager - but that ain't happening. Under a different owner, I think Adrian Boothroyd or Jim Gannon would be gettable - but that ain't happening either.

After that? No-one stands out to me, and my best guess is we'll end up with either the Sporting Director dude or someone we've never heard of from Europe. If it's the latter, they have something of a track record, but they're not from Vlad's stable of cronies and arse lickers, I'd favour them over Robbo or McGlynn. JJ's way past his best, and surely wouldn't be able to work under Vlad; and crucially, a Sporting Director. A requirement which a lot of British candidates will turn their noses up at IMO.

Absolute Bullsh*t. A new manager is just another excuse. We've been dodging round the problem for two years now. Romanov must go. A new manager will not contribute anything at all. He won't be backed to buy any players, the club will still be about seeling players on for a profit and then never seeing the money again and it will never be about the football until Romanov goes. I wish Hearts fans would stop making excuses to get him out.

For me, instead of discussing new managers, this is the time when we start boycotting.

scots civil war

john robertson was impressive on beeb jockland yest summarising

he was picking out the bones of the current malaise up top

get him in

the only way for the baltic banker to go now is getting homegrown punters in on the managerial and playing staff....

i mean,david obuatwat scrapping away in a relegation battle????

it aint happening is it

:policeman:If only we could get a management team who covered all the bases. One who was a great defender, one great midfielder and one great striker, then they could individually deal with their specific areas. At this point in time I don't think we have many players, who can absorb instruction without overloading!!

Absolute Bullsh*t. A new manager is just another excuse. We've been dodging round the problem for two years now. Romanov must go. A new manager will not contribute anything at all. He won't be backed to buy any players, the club will still be about seeling players on for a profit and then never seeing the money again and it will never be about the football until Romanov goes. I wish Hearts fans would stop making excuses to get him out.

For me, instead of discussing new managers, this is the time when we start boycotting.

100% spot on!

What's your plans?

By The Light..

I said that after the three players uprising at Riccarton press conference.

I relented and bought an ST again after it seemed Csaba had seemed to be operating free of any interference. Christ we've even had games with no liths on the park, yesterday included I think. However I am now thinking it has to get a lot worse before it gets better, and by worst I mean relegation.:th_o:

And fans that walk out as soon as the oppostion take the lead should not come back, glory hunters.

I'm afraid so.

I don't want Csaba to go. I like and admire him (inasmuch as you can like someone you've never met).

He showed last year that he's more than good enough to manage in the SPL.

He earned the respect of the players and was Manager of the Year. Remember how we all stayed on after the Dundee United game?

So what's gone wrong? Is it something Csaba did or something Vlad did?

There's simply no possibility that we could get anybody half-decent to replace him. Even if we did, Vlad would soon micro-manage and undermine the guy to death.

Why do we want history to repeat itself?

A new manager would just be a fig leaf or sticking plaster, probably both, neither of which HMFC needs right now.

We need to reconstitute HMFC as something owned and managed by its fans on the Barca model, as Rangers fans are proposing. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how you could possibly do that, certainly not by buying out Vlad.

Picked Jefferies although I'm sure that it will be someone from the Pyramid of Pash!!! Romanov will argue that the Laslo experiment hasn't worked.

I don't need to know who he is.

I would like to see us go for somebody that is doing good things with youth teams, a Mowbray style appointment. We need to utilise what we have and having a manager that does not do that is pointless. What I would do is look at Scottish and English lower leagues for young managers making a name for themselves.

Last I remember Lee Clark was doing well at Huddersfield? Is that correct?

I don't need to know who he is.

I would like to see us go for somebody that is doing good things with youth teams, a Mowbray style appointment. We need to utilise what we have and having a manager that does not do that is pointless. What I would do is look at Scottish and English lower leagues for young managers making a name for themselves.

Last I remember Lee Clark was doing well at Huddersfield? Is that correct?

An excellent suggestion. I don't think he'd come though. Taking Huddersfield (who are ambitious, and have money to spend) up and establishing them in the Championship is his ticket to a top Championship club; which in turn is his ticket to the Newcastle job (assuming they're re-established in the Prem by then). I don't see him foregoing that for a job in Scotland outwith the big two.

And that, sadly, will be the position of many other managers too: certainly those doing well in League 1, let alone the Championship.

I'm really at a loss,dont know if Csaba should go or stay.Cant see how a new manager will do any better,he'll be losing our best players that will be replaced by dross.So it's going to be a vicious circle.

It's more the owner i'd like to replace.

And who comes in then? WHy did they not come forward when Pieman was selling us?

WE DON'T NEED A MANAGER

YES WE DO

We need a new owner too. I think it speaks volumes about how apathetic Vlad is about Hearts FC that he hasn't yet sacked Csaba TBH.

And who comes in then? WHy did they not come forward when Pieman was selling us?

I know of one man who did,but his offer was rejected and that is straight from the horses mouth.

Also he wouldn't touch Hearts witha barge pole now,still goes to the games though.

An excellent suggestion. I don't think he'd come though. Taking Huddersfield (who are ambitious, and have money to spend) up and establishing them in the Championship is his ticket to a top Championship club; which in turn is his ticket to the Newcastle job (assuming they're re-established in the Prem by then). I don't see him foregoing that for a job in Scotland outwith the big two.

And that, sadly, will be the position of many other managers too: certainly those doing well in League 1, let alone the Championship.

Fair do's, I don't pay enough attention to those leagues but had heard he was doing well. I do think it is the right train of thought though. I would far rather look outside of the norm for our new manager. Jim Jefferies? John Robertson? Gary Locke? Craig Levein? Now, all would probably do better than Laszlo is currently, but must we always look to "Hearts minded" people?

JJ would be the best choice for us easily, just look at the striker he managed to find for nothing

Shabba could not dream of finding a good player on the cheap

Wee Robbo and Sandy Clark could probably do a job together

JJ would be the best choice for us easily, just look at the striker he managed to find for nothing

Shabba could not dream of finding a good player on the cheap

Wee Robbo and Sandy Clark could probably do a job together

...as if by magic.

Just to let you (and others) know. Off the top of my head....

Kenny Black

Allan Moore

Adrian Boothroyd

Ian Baird

Are all in current management roles, they could probably do a job eh? Why not throw in...

Colin Millar

Allan Preston

Gary Mackay

Davie Bowman

Stephen Pressley

Have all had relatively recent coaching experience. Good Jambo's an aw that.

If we MUST look at former players, try to be a little imaginative. Isn't Flogel coaching in Austria? What about Adam? Didn't he go back to coach the youths of Lyon or some such Ligue 1 team?

Whether JJ would come back at all isn't actually clear, but he most certainly won't come while Romanov is in charge.

Same goes for Craig Levein.

Robbo might, but he would have taken the Hibs job such is his comitment to his mortgage.

Fair do's, I don't pay enough attention to those leagues but had heard he was doing well. I do think it is the right train of thought though. I would far rather look outside of the norm for our new manager. Jim Jefferies? John Robertson? Gary Locke? Craig Levein? Now, all would probably do better than Laszlo is currently, but must we always look to "Hearts minded" people?

I agree, BH: it does my head in when we just appoint a "Hearts man" for its own sake (as opposed to a Hearts man who's self-evidently an up-and-coming, good manager, as JJ was in 1995, say).

Anyhoo, I've just been through the Championship and League 1 trying to pick someone out - and got nowhere! The top of League 2 might be where we'd have to try and poach someone from, which is seriously dispiriting, and almost pointless given how underwhelming it'd be. Beyond that though, if we wanted a Mowbray type, we'd surely have to find a higher rated coach at, say, a good Championship club and give them their big break in management. But that itself is a significant risk - because coaches often don't make managers at all.

There's nothing new in this though. Motherwell appointed unemployed Mark McGhee, and unemployed Jim Gannon. Dundee United appointed Craig Levein from then 2nd Division Raith Rovers; and we appointed him from 3rd Division Cowdenbeath. Hibs appointed unproven Ipswich coach, Tony Mowbray - etc etc. It's really only in poaching or promoting managers from Scottish clubs ranked beneath them that any non-OF club are able to punch their weight in the absence of serious Summer 2005-style ambition; but complicating that in our case is who our owner is.

Tell you what I'd do if I was in charge of Hearts though. I'd try and sound out Gannon, and see how he reacted.

...as if by magic.

Kenny Black

Allan Moore

Adrian Boothroyd

Ian Baird

Are all in current management roles, they could probably do a job eh? Why not throw in...

Colin Millar

Allan Preston

Gary Mackay

Davie Bowman

Stephen Pressley

If we MUST look at former players, try to be a little imaginative. Isn't Flogel coaching in Austria? What about Adam? Didn't he go back to coach the youths of Lyon or some such Ligue 1 team?

Who is he managing? I hope he is better at management than at football.

I know of one man who did,but his offer was rejected and that is straight from the horses mouth.

Also he wouldn't touch Hearts witha barge pole now,still goes to the games though.

Why was it turned down?

HillmanHearts

My preference would Be Craig - but there is zero chance of him coming. He has a decent job and is highly regarded by his boss & fans. And he is way to shrewd a business man to leave a cushy job for a "poison chalice"

JJ could maybe steady the ship and he might relish one last challenge with his true-love after years of fighting for survival with Killie. But would he work with Vlad ?

So all things considered I went for JJ.

But I guess we will get the under-12 Lithuanian coach / Director of Fitbaw guy.

The top of League 2 might be where we'd have to try and poach someone from.

I think I'm right in remembering that Joe Jordan turned down Aston Villa then came to Hearts. How things have changed.

...as if by magic.

Kenny Black

Allan Moore

Adrian Boothroyd

Ian Baird

Colin Millar

Allan Preston

Gary Mackay

Davie Bowman

Stephen Pressley

Your probably right about bringing in somebody who is up and coming

Just worry that now is no the time to be experimenting when we're in a religation battle

Who is he managing? I hope he is better at management than at football.

I cannot remember tbh, it was mentioned on here and I read a link from here.

It is something like Frogbottom Rovers, currently eighth in Arthurs World of Soccer (League Two).

Now I'm not necessarly sold on the Hearts man, however, in this sitaution I think it might not be a bad thing. As a club we're lacking any passion and any real spirit. Now a good manager should be able to do this but I do think it would help someone coming in knowing what the club is about. Furthermore, I think it might be good and help the fans get right behind the team, just having a familar face.

A unknown manager might create a bit of negative reaction round the club.

Now don't get me wrong the most important thing is the manager is good. Thats the reason I don't want Robbo. However, a Hearts man would IMO be an advantage.

I also want someone with experince of the SPL, since we are potentially going to be in a relegation battle. Somone who can hit the ground running and is low risk in managerial terms.

At the risk of sounding like Swiss Toni from the Fast Show, but I am not sure that only Hearts fans/former players could show passion for the job. I am not saying we rule out completely all former Hearts players/fans, just that whoever we go for (IF Laszlo is to leave/be sacked) we should go for them on merit, if they are Hearts fans that is merely a bonus.

I would say we need someone with experience of British football, not necessarily someone that has managed/played in the SPL.

Darren Ferguson.

He'd be worth a shot!

But am I alone in never wanting Levein back? The style of football under him was really boring.

John Robertson with Sandy Clark assisting. The club needs to re-connect with it's roots. Both men have tremendous affection for the club and both are very capable coaches. Robbo has been unlucky in his managerial career so far and was very much on the up prior to joining Hearts the first time.

He'd be worth a shot!

But am I alone in never wanting Levein back? The style of football under him was really boring.

I agree but if he came back and got results I wouldnt be too bothered.

Darren Ferguson.

That's the other thing I'd do: sound him out and make him an offer he can't refuse! I'd be euphoric if we appointed him; but you know as well as I do that it won't happen. :43:

That's the other thing I'd do: sound him out and make him an offer he can't refuse! I'd be euphoric if we appointed him; but you know as well as I do that it won't happen. :43:

:57: Sadly it will probably be some other no mark Eastern European.

It dosen't matter who the new manager (if we were to get one that is) or where he comes or is sourced from, if we win the new manager will be great, if we lose it will all be bad Vlads fault.

New manager would be utterly pointless. If someone was stupid enough to take the job how long would they last, how long before they're undermined, how long before we're right back here again?

I said that after the three players uprising at Riccarton press conference.

I relented and bought an ST again after it seemed Csaba had seemed to be operating free of any interference. Christ we've even had games with no liths on the park, yesterday included I think. However I am now thinking it has to get a lot worse before it gets better, and by worst I mean relegation.:th_o:

And fans that walk out as soon as the oppostion take the lead should not come back, glory hunters.

A glory hunter following Hearts!!!!!!!!!! Are you for real????

At last someone with a brain. It does'nt matter who's manager as long as the lithuanian lunatic still owns us. Give Csaba the backing and financial resources required and then tell me he's a bad manager. Show me anyone who can do their job with not one but both hands tied behind their back and hire him, otherwise get of the managers back and and start putting pressure on the owner who's the real problem.

Archived