Australians - bunch of boors and drunks

Therapist

Currently on the way back from HK and as the BA lounge (crap anyway) is out of action they have shunted me into the Qantas lounge which is lovely with a great selection of wine. :2thumbsup:

The downside is that it is populated by a huge number of drunks and boors, mainly Aussies but it also seems to afflict those travelling to and from the penal colony. Many of the Aussies seem to be caught in the 70s and 80s from a dress sense point of view and/or be part of bikey gangs like the ***** Jokers, whilst the females look like bottle-blonde slappers. Sadly the non-convicts in here who are travelling to/from the Jail Nation seem to also be exhibiting these worrying traits.

Can anyone explain?

I would probably think that the Scots are bigger drunks than the aussies but the aussies are better at organising barbeques :10900:

Many of the Aussies seem to be caught in the 70s and 80s

Its a tad more up to date than being caught in the 1690's wouldnt you agree ?

Never having been in the 1690s, I wouldn't know. Not a bad attempt though. :smiley2:

:10900: that is actually quite funny , good job.

I currently have a loud fat drunk Belgian bloke and a loud fat drunk English bloke sitting opposite me boasting about their respective achievements in semi-conductor sales and the tactics that underpinned those successes. Fascinating stuff. :peepwall:

I hope their flight to Jail Land leaves very very soon or I may top myself. :hang:

Latest...Heidi Lamarr invented the idea of CDMA based on the technology used in piano rolls. Does anyone know what CDMA is?

I currently have a loud fat drunk Belgian bloke and a loud fat drunk English bloke sitting opposite me boasting about their respective achievements in semi-conductor sales and the tactics that underpinned those successes. Fascinating stuff. :peepwall:

I hope their flight to Jail Land leaves very very soon or I may top myself. :hang:

Latest...Heidi Lamarr invented the idea of CDMA based on the technology used in piano rolls. Does anyone know what CDMA is?

Could be worse you could be flying to Ausjailia with them.

THATS HEDLEY!!!!!

Sorry, couldnae resist!:10900:

Could be worse you could be flying to Ausjailia with them.

Ausjalia - genius Wull. :2thumbsup:

Oh God, they're talking about Ferranti Argos R700 compilers and Corel R66 now. I'm losing the will to live. I don't want to listen, but it's so bad I can't help myself. It's like watching a car crash....:43:

Does anyone know what CDMA is?

CDMA Technology

The world is demanding more from wireless communication technologies than ever before as more people around the world are subscribing to wireless. Add in exciting Third-Generation (3G) wireless data services and applications - such as wireless email, web, digital picture taking/sending, assisted-GPS position location applications, video and audio streaming and TV broadcasting - and wireless networks are doing much more than just a few years ago.

This is where CDMA technology fits in. CDMA consistently provides better capacity for voice and data communications than other commercial mobile technologies, allowing more subscribers to connect at any given time, and it is the common platform on which 3G technologies are built.

CDMA is a "spread spectrum" technology, allowing many users to occupy the same time and frequency allocations in a given band/space. As its name implies, CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) assigns unique codes to each communication to differentiate it from others in the same spectrum. In a world of finite spectrum resources, CDMA enables many more people to share the airwaves at the same time than do alternative technologies.

The CDMA air interface is used in both 2G and 3G networks. 2G CDMA standards are branded cdmaOne and include IS-95A and IS-95B. CDMA is the foundation for 3G services: the two dominant IMT-2000 standards, CDMA2000 and WCDMA, are based on CDMA.

There probably wondering who the nerd on the computer is with the union jack tatoos.

They've got computers too, and my tattoos are covered. :2thumbsup:

Hope your going to make the game.

Flight gets back into Old Blighty at 05:00 and Edinburgh connection leaves Heathrow at 08:00. Taxi to Therapist Towers, dump the bag, and I'll be there. Right, must dash. Boarding. Ma ha. :2thumbsup:

Archived