Terry Wogan

Say What Again

Say What Again

Feeling sorry for old Tel as he seems to be the only one that hasn't had his own thread posted about him after appearing in tonight's Children in Need concert.

Well Tel, I've fixed that for you. CiN is your gig after all :2thumbsup:

terry-wogan.jpg

Is he taking a wage this year ?? :43:

Beat me to it! Thanks to Tels ?250,000 fee he charged for recent CiNs I will never donate to that night again. What a scam.

jambojackbilly

Wogan's thick skinned enough to ride the criticism he rightly got. His wig alone suggests that to me

But like yourself i dont or would be unlikely to contribute to CIN, on second thoughts i no doubt Will, as it goes a lot of decent people are involved, but it does niggle

It also :43: offers a platform for C/D list celebrities to bring out their Xmas stuff under the guise of charity as they plug plug plug

Great idea hijacked by many chancers sadly

thought Terry Wogan received ?9k that was from the bbc budget, not the CIN budget which i think he paid towards CIN

thought Terry Wogan received ?9k that was from the bbc budget, not the CIN budget which i think he paid towards CIN

He received ?9,065 in 2005 (and less for previous years) from the BBC, but he retained it. He said he'd never asked for a fee and the BBC confirmed this. I don't know if he received any fee after 2005.

I P Knightley
Beat me to it! Thanks to Tels ?250,000 fee he charged for recent CiNs I will never donate to that night again. What a scam.

You're misinformed.

Although he did receive fees for early CiNs (a) they were nowhere in the regions of a quarter mill and (B) he has waived any fees offered in recent years.

Your misinformation is depriving thousands of hungry children the food and shelter they need to stay alive. It makes me weep.

Say What Again

He received ?9,065 in 2005 (and less for previous years) from the BBC, but he retained it. He said he'd never asked for a fee and the BBC confirmed this. I don't know if he received any fee after 2005.

You're misinformed.

Although he did receive fees for early CiNs (a) they were nowhere in the regions of a quarter mill and (B) he has waived any fees offered in recent years.

But it sounds much better saying "he took ?1/4 million from a charity" if you're trying to have a go at him.

Confirmation of what has been posted above: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6417329.stm

The BBC has said it is "not ashamed" of paying Sir Terry Wogan a fee for hosting the annual Children In Need charity fund-raising gala.

Sir Terry, who is the only celebrity to receive a fee, has been paid since he began presenting the show in 1980.

A BBC spokeswoman said the payment was "never remotely commercial" and came from the programme's budget and not from charitable funds.

The veteran broadcaster said: "I would quite happily do it for nothing."

The 68-year-old added that he had "never asked for a fee" for fronting the marathon appeal, which raised more than ?18m on the night last November.

TBH, I probably will give to CiN again this year,BUT, Does anyone else get fed up of having to watch RICH "Pop" Stars Preaching to us about giving...Annie Lennox, Bob Geldof, F****** BONO etc...I'd probably give MORE if I didn't have to look at these selfservin B******* EVERY time a charity wanted Money!!

Turned on the Concert last night for 2 mins, ANNIE F****** LENNOX, I HATE that Cow!! :hang:

Archived