S**t and Overrated Movies

Guest Prince William

Alright?

What movies have you seen which you have personally thought were terrible?

Cause I think No County For Old Men is the PITS. I would also add The Godfather trilogy, Titanic, Lord of the Rings, The Shawshank Redemption and The Assasination of Jesse James to the List of S**t.

All films I thought I would enjoy, with the exception of Titanic (gayest film ever)

I have no idea why these films won awards or are talked up to be something special - they are not.

This is all IMO obviously, what about you? Please share

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Watchmen, 2 and a half hours of mylife i'll never get back, something about a big blue guy called Dr Manhatten, some gay superman costumes and a P.I. who wears a bandage over his face.

Alright?

Cause I think No County For Old Men is the PITS. I would also add The Godfather trilogy, Titanic, Lord of the Rings, The Shawshank Redemption and The Assasination of Jesse James to the List of S**t.

All films I thought I would enjoy, with the exception of Titanic (gayest film ever)

I have no idea why these films won awards or are talked up to be something special - they are not.

in film and book.

Out of the above i would say the only one i did not enjoy or thought was okay was LOTR.Never understood how it has become so popular in book or film.

Cormac McCarthy's No Country For Old Men on the other hand is my favourite book into film of all time.Shame the same did not happen for All the Pretty Horses book into film.

Agree with Boris Lost in Translation but the one film i do not rate that everybody does is The Searchers.

A few that I've watched recently on Sky have been dreadful:

Burn After Reading

Tropic Thunder

Stone Of Destiny

It was alright, Coen brothers are overrated though.

It was alright, Coen brothers are overrated though.

Beg to differ mate, I like most of the Coen brothers other stuff but Burn After Reading was a shocker.

Harry potter 1,2,3,4,5,6....

Lotr 1,2,3

Star Wars.......

I'll stop, really not into sci-fi or fantasy, wizardry films.

Beg to differ mate, I like most of the Coen brothers other stuff but Burn After Reading was a shocker.

Yeh they are not bad, but people like to make out they are alot better than they are

Alright?

No country for old men and the shawshank redemption are both quality films! The rest you mention's quite right.

Bad films though how about the so called 1st 3 Star Wars....Phantom Menace etc. Absolute keek! And I loved the originals too.

Alright?

Definitely agree with you on the Assasination of Jesse James. Was watching it all the way through waiting for it to get good and was just so underwhelmed when it ended.

Was the same when I was told to watch Napoleon Dynamite. Didnt laugh once. Absolute tripe.

Harry potter 1,2,3,4,5,6....

Lotr 1,2,3

Star Wars.......

I'll stop, really not into sci-fi or fantasy, wizardry films.

Agreed. I cant stand that specky, toff, poof.

Awful acting on show in Harry Pothead which makes me cringe.

Lost in Translation

It was ok, but, well...meh.

Problem I had was that I think the movie was marketed ( WRONGLY ) as a comedy .........with trailers of BM fecking about on the treadmill and having the language barrier scene with the old gadge in A&E )

Other than that it was quite a nice movie :curtain:

Miami Vice (recent one)

Indeed, couldnt understand a word they were saying, just mumbles under their oversized tashes. Cant stand Jamie Foxx either, he is so up himself its untrue.

How is The Shawshank Redemption overrated? Superb film, don't understand how it could be called overrated...

How is The Shawshank Redemption overrated? Superb film, don't understand how it could be called overrated...

I just didnt enjoy it tbh

I just didnt enjoy it tbh

Really? I think it's a great film.

Also love the Coen brother films, don't understand how they are in here.

All the Wayne brothers films suck arse, the scary movies, epic movie etc etc. Very bad.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Really? I think it's a great film.

Also love the Coen brother films, don't understand how they are in here.

All the Wayne brothers films suck arse, the scary movies, epic movie etc etc. Very bad.

The Wayne's brothers only made the first 2 scary movies and never made epic movie

Anything with Ben Stiller in it. Possibly the least funniest "comic" actor of all time.

Epic Movie. Walked out after 15 minutes.

Meet the Spartans. Least said.

Dead man walking. Supposedly a treatise against the death penalty, had me yelling "just get on with it", 20 minutes before the end of the film.

The Coen brothers. Oh how they make my ribs ache with mirth. Aye right!

Chick flickzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rocky 1,2.3.4............. Aaaaaaaaargghhhhhh!

Transformers. The fact that there is even one person on this planet who says it's ok makes it overrated.

Moulin Rouge. Laughably bad.

Anything with Ben Stiller in it. Possibly the least funniest "comic" actor of all time.

Epic Movie. Walked out after 15 minutes.

Meet the Spartans. Least said.

Dead man walking. Supposedly a treatise against the death penalty, had me yelling "just get on with it", 20 minutes before the end of the film.

The Coen brothers. Oh how they make my ribs ache with mirth. Aye right!

Chick flickzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rocky 1,2.3.4............. Aaaaaaaaargghhhhhh!

:lol: I agree with all of this.

Also, Ben Stiller is a trumpet but he has a hot wife.

:lol: I agree with all of this.

Also, Ben Stiller is a trumpet but he has a hot wife.

Had to look her up on IMDB, what a stoater!!

megan-fox-transformers-0.jpg

Whats not to like mate?

Call me a raging homosexual if you must, but i didn't watch Transformers to see a hot woman running around in little clothes.

Call me a raging homosexual if you must, but i didn't watch Transformers to see a hot woman running around in little clothes.

:lol:

Queer

Alright?

Just as a matter of interest - what films do you like?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Kill Bill

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

The Day after Tomorrow

Pulp Fiction

The 3 newest Star Wars Movies

There's plenty more just can't think of them right now.

don't like any will farrel films or ben stiller & jim carey makes me want to selfharm

Any of the Scary Movie series

The Day After Tommorow

White Chicks

Epic Movie ( Worst film i have ever seen )

Twilight

All of the above are utter utter S***E

Also agree with OP`s films

There's a lot of people on here who frankly don't know what they're talking about.

Anyone who says that The Godfather parts 1 and 2 isn't cinema at it's best should be barred from every picture house in Scotland, you don't appreciate the medium, stay at home and watch soap operas or X-Factor or something.

Same goes for The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, early Rocky movies (in fact, let's say them all bar Rocky 5, which was dreadful, I'll give you that) and Napoleon Dynamite.

What exactly do you look for in movie?

Acting?

Dialogue?

Storyline?

Effects?

Soundtrack?

Truly awful films are the lazy, cash in type sequels of financially lucrative summer 'blockbusters'. Transformers 2 being a case in point, the first was average, but made money, the second reprehensible.

Dodgeball is an hilarious Ben Stiller vehicle.:2thumbsup:

There's a lot of people on here who frankly don't know what they're talking about.

Anyone who says that The Godfather parts 1 and 2 isn't cinema at it's best should be barred from every picture house in Scotland, you don't appreciate the medium, stay at home and watch soap operas or X-Factor or something.

Yeh but the Godfather is overrated, its not a terrible film, but it is overrated beyond belief.

'It insists upon itself'

Yeh but the Godfather is overrated, its not a terrible film, but it is overrated beyond belief.

'It insists upon itself'

Which is the crux of the thread, which most people have missed.

I would add scarface, hyped up as some sort of masterpiece, however it is only good.

Patrick Bateman

Battleship Potemkin - It's got a hidden agenda I reckon.

Which is the crux of the thread, which most people have missed.

I would add scarface, hyped up as some sort of masterpiece, however it is only good.

The OP talked about s**t and overrated movies. 'Overrated' does not have exclusive rights to the thread!

Same goes for The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, early Rocky movies (in fact, let's say them all bar Rocky 5, which was dreadful, I'll give you that) and Napoleon Dynamite.

What exactly do you look for in movie?

Acting?

Dialogue?

Storyline?

Effects?

Soundtrack?

Truly awful films are the lazy, cash in type sequels of financially lucrative summer 'blockbusters'. Transformers 2 being a case in point, the first was average, but made money, the second reprehensible.

Dodgeball is an hilarious Ben Stiller vehicle.:2thumbsup:

Did the whole Rocky thing to death on here a few months ago. But here goes again. There are much beter good guy overcomes long odds films around. So add a pretty thin script, combine it with possibly the worst actor to have come out of Hollywood since Ronald Reagan. Multiply that five, and you get where I'm coming from.

Despite whats being said here, I do like The Godfather except part 3. The Shawshank Redemption is another strong movie. They have the right combination of strong acting and scripts, unlike poor Rocky.

Unfortunately at the moment as far as I'm concerned nearly the whole film industry has ground to a halt as far as new ideas go. Too many remakes, sequels, prequels, or more desparately trying to make big screen versions of old TV shows.

Really trying hard to think of a movie over the last couple years, that's got me thinking I really need to see that.

:hat2:

Since this is about overrated films and not just complete ***** like Wayans bros efforts i'll agree with

LOTR - bunch of hairy poofs wandering through a field. Then some pretty decent battles. Cut out the poofs, show the battles back to back and youve got a great film. As it is, its *****.

Most Tom Hanks films where he is the main star and its not the 80s. Castaway, The Terminal, Apollo 13, Sleepless in Seattle, the 2 Dan Brown ones. Complete cucumber the lot of them. Although Turner and Hooch is great.

Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Awful.

Good Will Hunting. Tripe.

AI. I found myself praying I would contract some sort of quick acting AIDS whilst sitting watching this 18 hour monstrosity.

The English Patient. See above.

Minority Report.

Archived