Stag Weekend Up North

Craig_

Hi folks, I'm looking to organise a stag for a mate next summer. Was thinking of somewhere nice up north, preferably with some good outdoor/extreme stuff to be had, some fishing and somewhere to eat and drink. I guess hostel or some sort of lodge accommodation would be best.

Any ideas?

Hi folks, I'm looking to organise a stag for a mate next summer. Was thinking of somewhere nice up north, preferably with some good outdoor/extreme stuff to be had, some fishing and somewhere to eat and drink. I guess hostel or some sort of lodge accommodation would be best.

Any ideas?

I went on one to Oban, where we went canyoning. I think the centre up there done various extreme sports stuff.

Doctor FinnBarr

Any ideas?

Check here for cheap accomodation, http://www.hostel-scotland.co.uk

:stuart:

I was at one in pitlochry in the spring,stayed in the big hotel(name slips my mind)and went paintballing and quad biking.A very good weekend.

I know it's not up north but I was at a stag in October in the Lake District, 2 nights self-catering in a camping barn (where you can make as much noise/get as drunk as you want), half day paintballing and half day go-karting for ?70! There was 26 of us on the stag so we all paid an extra ?30 which ensured there was more than enough food and drink to last the weekend! Rookin House is the website, Only thing is it is in the middle of nowhere so if your are looking for pubs/women at night then it is probably not the place to go! Was a bit unsure myself for that reason but it was one of the best stag weekends I've been to!

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Ha ha Great minds and all that :10900:

One of the best stags I've been to as well

We did a bevvy session on the Friday night (loads of people who hadnt seen each other for ages so it was goodf to catch up)

Saturday was clay pigeons, go karts, horse riding, human pinball and driving the big army truck. We got 5 taxi's to take us to Keswick on the Saturday night (It was about ?6 a skull each way iirc) Had a curry then went to Keswicks's dodgiest nightclub where this big black bird was trying like a bear to crack onto the groom (who was dressed as Shrek!!)

Ive recommended this place to half a dozen folk now

I was at one in pitlochry in the spring,stayed in the big hotel(name slips my mind)and went paintballing and quad biking.A very good weekend.

You remember it do you?Think I was at that one as well.

Did you know that the happy couple are expecting their first child?

I can recommend Pitlochry as well even though I was feart on the Quad bikes HaHa

The People's Chimp
Its not up north but Ive been to one here

http://www.rookinhouse.co.uk/

Taxi to Keswick for a ruby and watch people staring at your opposable thumbs was about ?25

Ha ha. Was going to post someting along very similar lines after we went to stay in a barn near keswick and went canoeing.

Went to Kingussie in August, stayed in a hostel that was very reasonable and pretty decent, we had prebooked a dude to drive us to some mountain biking place where a combination of inebriation and lack of fitness meant that I sat that out. We also had said dude booked to take us to Aviemore that night, and pick us up.

Really good weekend tbh.

You remember it do you?Think I was at that one as well.

Did you know that the happy couple are expecting their first child?

I can recommend Pitlochry as well even though I was feart on the Quad bikes HaHa

That was a cracking weekend mate,brilliant news re- R expecting child:10900:

Archived