BBC Two's Horizon on quantum physics.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

BBC Two's Horizon on quantum physics.

"Alan Davies attempts to answer the proverbial question: how long is a piece of string? But what appears to be a simple task soon turns into a mind-bending voyage of discovery where nothing is as it seems.":10900:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p1fpc/Horizon_20092010_How_Long_is_a_Piece_of_String/

Fascinating stuff here on quantam physics, string theory, black holes, the possibility that every universe is just one in an unknown number of universe?s.:10900:

I got half an hour into it and gave up, confused. Failed higher physics. Not my strong point.

I failed Int2. Needless to say, I didn't even turn the telly on.

Quantum theory christ that was a pain in the erse, that and Schrodingers bloody cat!!

What are you studying by the way, Roop?

That and his entanglement theory !!!!!! :stuart:

I try to watch any programme with Marcus du Sautoy in it as they are always fascinating. Some of it was way above my head but quite enjoyed the bit about fractals and how everytime you would zoom in on something the length becomes bigger.

Trying to contemplate that atoms can be in 2 places at once is just kinda weird.

It was a quality programme, really enjoyed it. It hasn't helped for my physics exam tomorrow though, just got me thinking about stuff I don't need to be!

Archived