London Road

Markie

Is a bloody nightmare in the mornings. Taken me an hour last two mornings to get from craigentinny to the west end!

Is this purely down to the trams?

Miller Jambo 60
Is a bloody nightmare in the mornings. Taken me an hour last two mornings to get from craigentinny to the west end!

Thought this was going to be a thread about post derby carry ons.

TBH Edinburgh as a whole is a nightmare, every day a different road is closed with no prior notice with roadworks slowing everything down.

As for roadworkers yet to see any working.

Doug.

Say What Again

Don't think it's anything to do with the trams Markie, they aren't coming anywhere near the parts of London Road that are causing the problems.

Jocks Lodge was dug up for 8 weeks while they changed the road layout, but as you know, that's clear again now. I've no idea what they're doing at the stretch of London Road from Meadowbank Retail Park along to the top of Easter Road, but I've started getting off the bus 2 stops earlier because those temporary traffic lights take so long.

Really I should be walking to work as I'm now only on the bus from Moira Terrace to Meadowbank, a 15 min walk!

:10900:

Getting to the top of Easter Rd from the stadium end is a ****ing disgrace because of the roadworks at Meadowbank.

Doesn't help when buses fill the box junction and effectively stop any movement from ER.

The place is a *****hole.

Tell me about it mate... My regular bus is the 19, should normally take me 30-35 minutes from London Road to the Western General. These days its taking 20-25 minutes even to get to George Street.... As of last week, I can now walk to work more quickly by cutting across Broughton-Cannonmills-Fettes on foot.

Obviously better for me from a fitness perpspective but its a shabby state of affairs from a public transport perspective.

I've no idea what they're doing at the stretch of London Road from Meadowbank Retail Park along to the top of Easter Road

They are replacing gas pipes and other things that should have been done long ago (apparently). They say it'll be finished by Christmas though they have 14 weeks on their signage, which would take it into the middle of February. Its no fun when I look out my window and see traffic backing up past Meadowbank Stadium and a street full of scaffolding.

The works at the end of London Road, where it joins Leith Walk, doesnt help matters either.

robin hood jambo

Why not try living on the right side of town? simples!:10900:

That would be to close to you mate!

I work on London Road, travelling there is doing my head in at them moment whether I drive or bus :(

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

walk??

granted you've got some real rough areas to go through and I wouldn't have done in the rain today

walk??

granted you've got some real rough areas to go through and I wouldn't have done in the rain today

Rain doesn't actually bother me, but I am a lazy *******!

Archived