Silly Weedgies, Silly flutes

Boomstick

The Mighty Thor

Brilliant.

Lanarkshire is like a living archaeological project rooted somewhere in the late 17th century evolving much more slowly than any other part of Scotland.

I'm genuinely shocked to hear that 'Rangers taps' were out in force at this.

I expect that the good citizens of Northern Ireland will be fairly aggrieved to see their national flag being mis-appropriated like this by a sectarian flute band.

I P Knightley
You gotta love the Weegies.

You're wrong, BB. Nobody has got to love them. The more charitable among us might feel that it's a compassionate thing to do but when we go to meet our maker, St Peter at the gates is not going to judge us on whether we bothered to love a Weegie. FACT.

Miller Jambo 60
How to lose half your potential customers in 1 easy lesson!

:10900:

Whats the chances the 48 year old that will never shop there again is a Celtic fan.

Quality from the Sun.

The People's Chimp
Brilliant.

Lanarkshire is like a living archaeological project rooted somewhere in the late 17th century evolving much more slowly than any other part of Scotland.

I'm genuinely shocked to hear that 'Rangers taps' were out in force at this.

I expect that the good citizens of Northern Ireland will be fairly aggrieved to see their national flag being mis-appropriated like this by a sectarian flute band.

Elsewhere on the sun's site is an article about how the new larkhall asda will have a Blue sign, instead of green, while then showing a picture of a Pharmacy and a Subway who have had to get rid of the green from their own logos.

Utterly pathetic.

The Mighty Thor
Elsewhere on the sun's site is an article about how the new larkhall asda will have a Blue sign, instead of green, while then showing a picture of a Pharmacy and a Subway who have had to get rid of the green from their own logos.

Utterly pathetic.

Pathetic is exactly what it is.

How can Scotland ever move on to become a modern multi-cultural society when places like Lanarkshire exist?

A (in)breeding ground of absolutely everything that is wrong with Scotland.

Thank goodness I shop at Waitrose.

Last time my mum came to visit she got me Waitrose tea bags.

Girlfriend has been calling me a posh **** ever since...

chester copperpot

Utterly pathetic.

Whilst I agree with you, I had to LOL at that article. FAF.

Having been to the go kart racing at larkhall a few times, I have passed through, and there's never any sight of any green in it.

Whilst I agree with you, I had to LOL at that article. FAF.

Having been to the go kart racing at larkhall a few times, I have passed through, and there's never any sight of any green in it.

I think it would be a good laugh to go through and just pour green paint out your car (obviously at breakneck speeds as it would be a risky job) all over the roads. But of course mix it in with some sort of substance that makes it almost impossible to get off the roads.

The knuckledraggers wouldn't have a clue what to do and may well actually explode with rage

Pathetic is exactly what it is.

How can Scotland ever move on to become a modern multi-cultural society when places like Lanarkshire exist?

A (in)breeding ground of absolutely everything that is wrong with Scotland.

Exactly, a sad commentary on our country.

Rather sad that it's a news story. The band were going to play 3 scottish jigs and a hymn, nothing wrong there IMO.

I used to do locum work for a large pharmacy chain whose livery, on all its pharmacies, was green, except one.

You guessed it. The branch in Larkhall was blue.

Wonder how long before it's firebombed,by a raging hun,mad at the flute band getting turned away,or a ragin tim mad at them getting booked in the first place :10900:

Rather sad that it's a news story. The band were going to play 3 scottish jigs and a hymn, nothing wrong there IMO.

What have hymns got to do with supermarkets (or anything else in the real world outside their sect premises)?

If you can't see anything wrong in that story then it is only a sad reflection on your level of intelligence.

But I would hazard a guess that you're trolling.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Surely the phrase "this is Bellshill, there could have been a riot" could also apply to any situation at any time at all.

What have hymns got to do with supermarkets (or anything else in the real world outside their sect premises)?

I've no idea but that's what the story in one of the papers said.

If you can't see anything wrong in that story then it is only a sad reflection on your level of intelligence.

But I would hazard a guess that you're trolling.

My level of intelligence??? What a strange thing to post, would you care to expand upon that.

IMO Tesco booked a band to a play a few tunes at their opening, Tesco then panicked when they found out it was an orange flute band but the way it has been reported and commented on by some on here it's the bands fault.

Just for the record there is nothing sectarian about orange flute bands or the Red Hand of Ulster.

A spokesman for Tesco Bellshill has announced that the fish conter will now be closed on Fridays due to lack of demand.

I've no idea but that's what the story in one of the papers said.

My level of intelligence??? What a strange thing to post, would you care to expand upon that.

IMO Tesco booked a band to a play a few tunes at their opening, Tesco then panicked when they found out it was an orange flute band but the way it has been reported and commented on by some on here it's the bands fault.

Just for the record there is nothing sectarian about orange flute bands or the Red Hand of Ulster.

What an even stranger thing to post......!

What an even stranger thing to post......!

Not IMO, a band that celebrates and promotes Orange culture isn't sectarian.

Not IMO, a band that celebrates and promotes Orange culture isn't sectarian.

So catholics can join the Orange order and remain practicing catholics?

So catholics can join the Orange order and remain practicing catholics?

Nope why would they want to join an order linked to another church? Do you find many muslims going to confession?

Nope why would they want to join an order linked to another church? Do you find many muslims going to confession?

If you refuse membership to catholics based on their religion then you are sectarian aren't you?

Doctor FinnBarr
A spokesman for Tesco Bellshill has announced that the fish conter will now be closed on Fridays due to lack of demand.

If you refuse membership to catholics based on their religion then you are sectarian aren't you?

From the Chambers 21st Century dictionary:

sectarian adj 1 referring, relating or belonging to a sect. 2 having, showing or caused by hostility towards those outside one's own group or belonging to a particular group or sect ? sectarian violence. noun a member of a sect, especially a bigoted person. sectarianism noun loyalty or excessive attachment to a particular sect or party.

I would say that the answer to your question is 'yes'.

Tescos spokesman also said their exclusive Tesco loyalty card would be giving triple points on , flute and veg ,oranges , White Horse whisky ,and sash browns.

Doctor FinnBarr
Tescos spokesman also said their exclusive Tesco loyalty card would be giving triple points on , flute and veg ,oranges , White Horse whisky ,and sash browns.

oh hibees are gay

What,s silly about a musical instrument {flutes} ??

The only silly thing in this story is Tesco,s for booking them .

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Bit like Catholic schooling then?

I think Catholic schools let anybody go - my kids went to a Catholic school in Portobello and we're not Catholic.

I think Catholic schools let anybody go - my kids went to a Catholic school in Portobello and we're not Catholic.

I get catholic schools in my museum all the time. Most of the girls wear hijabs and, whilst my knowledge of the catholic faith is limited, i'd imagine that says they let non-believers in.

Speedbump getting ready for a night out

tut tut, more personal abuse. Lucky I am not the type to get uppity about other peoples view and believes.

What,s silly about a musical instrument {flutes} ??

The only silly thing in this story is Tesco,s for booking them .

You're right, I apologise.

Nothing silly about flutes, sorry to any flotists I upset.

In my defence it was one in the morning. See how creative you are with snappy titles then.

Angus

Speedbump getting ready for a night out

My favourite episode was when it's his birthday . His missus gives him a card with a picture of a peanuts cartoon character - which he refused to accept on the ground it's carrying an umbrella ( 'who do we know carries a rolled up umbrella - the Pope !!'). Peanuts is then denounced as being an agent of popery.

She also gives him a box of chocolates 'it's your favourites , orange creams'. :10900:

Archived