Would you take an organ if you needed one?

Craigieboy

If you believe in organ donation, prove it.

Would you take an organ if you needed one? Nearly everyone would. But only 27% of us have joined the Organ Donor Register.

More than 10,000 people in the UK currently need a transplant? Of these, 1000 – 3 a day - will die waiting as there are not enough organs available.

Please help us to turn people’s good intentions about organ donation into action by registering on the NHS Organ Donor Register.

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/ukt/default.jsp

Takes just a couple of minutes to register.

:thumbs_up:

Lost my donor card a while back and kept putting off getting a new one.

Cheers, Cragie.

When I registered a while back, they sent out a pre-printed one.

Would you take an organ if you needed one? Nearly everyone would. But only 27% of us have joined the Organ Donor Register.

More than 10,000 people in the UK currently need a transplant? Of these, 1000 ? 3 a day - will die waiting as there are not enough organs available.

Please help us to turn people?s good intentions about organ donation into action by registering on the NHS Organ Donor Register.

Already hold an Organ donor card and give blood regularly (Every 4-6 months) :2thumbsup:

Saying that, I'm getting a Tattoo on the 2nd December so I'll have to miss a few blood donor sessions!!:43:

Personally I believe that it should be an opt out option. Would reduce waiting times at a stroke. It would also spare those poor sods who must seem like Burke and Hare reborn, asking/pleading with grieving relatives if its OK for them to take bits from folks who are carrying donor cards.

Just because you're carrying a card, there is no guarantee that they'll actually be able to make use of all those goodies, if your relatives are not fully in agreement. Best make sure your nearest, and dearest know your wishes.

Both mum and dad work for Blood Transfusion Service, i'm O Negative (blood can go into anyone) and when my mum started hemoerhaging on an operating table it took over 30pints to save her. Three very good reasons to start.

Only problem is that I used to fair enjoy a bit of weed, so been waiting to get the go-ahead to go do it and then i'll be there!!

Miller Jambo 60
Personally I believe that it should be an opt out option. Would reduce waiting times at a stroke. It would also spare those poor sods who must seem like Burke and Hare reborn, asking/pleading with grieving relatives if its OK for them to take bits from folks who are carrying donor cards.

Just because you're carrying a card, there is no guarantee that they'll actually be able to make use of all those goodies, if your relatives are not fully in agreement. Best make sure your nearest, and dearest know your wishes.

Im sure im on the register, will need to check.

No good to me once im gone.

Doug

I think i registered a while back

Just done again anyway.

They can have them twice.

Like you say it only takes a minute.:2thumbsup:

blondejamtart

I agree completely.

I am on the register as well, Sure i got the option a few years ago when i signed up for my boots card.

Dont see why its not a thing that everyone does. Not as if i am going to be needing any off these when i am broon breed

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

There are studies that suggest people who have received a new heart have taken on characteristics of the donor.

Imagine getting Ratboys heart.

:hang:

Already hold an Organ donor card and give blood regularly (Every 4-6 months) :2thumbsup:

Saying that, I'm getting a Tattoo on the 2nd December so I'll have to miss a few blood donor sessions!!:43:

I think it's 2 years after a tattoo before you can give blood again.

There are studies that suggest people who have received a new heart have taken on characteristics of the donor.

Imagine getting Ratboys heart.

......or Gary Gilmore's Eyes. :blink:

The Old Tolbooth

I'm not sure I could drag one of those feckers out the church, I also think the minister would notice me pinching it. :peepwall:

organ12.JPG

I'm not sure I could drag one of those feckers out the church, I also think the minister would notice me pinching it. :peepwall:

organ12.JPG

:stuart:

The mighty Wurlitzer!

I think it's 2 years after a tattoo before you can give blood again.

It`s a year before you can donate blood after having a tattoo.

More than 10,000 people in the UK currently need a transplant? Of these, 1000 ? 3 a day - will die waiting as there are not enough organs available.

Please help us to turn people?s good intentions about organ donation into action by registering on the NHS Organ Donor Register.

not one of yours pal!

Archived