Is there more tramlines planned for Edinburgh?

grumpyjambo

Looking at drawings for a proposed development at Greendykes and notice that it says on the drawing "Proposed Tram Line No.3". I cannot find anything on the internet regarding this, does anyone know anything about this? Or even Tram Line No.2?

was speaking to a boy at a house party on saturday night who is involved in PR for TIE. Needless to say it was a heated conversation which soon got everyone involved but he said the long term plan is to have more than 2 tram lines. Maybe some element in truth to this.

southside1874

They only have the cash for the one just now and thats from the waterfront to the Gyle/Airport.

These things get added to so the proposed R2 and R3 will come when R1 is up and running and making profit.

They only have the cash for the one just now and thats from the waterfront to the Gyle/Airport.

These things get added to so the proposed R2 and R3 will come when R1 is up and running and making profit.

2064? By then we'll all have Jetsons-style floating cars.

jetsonsz.jpg

southside1874
2064? By then we'll all have Jetsons-style floating cars.

jetsonsz.jpg

:smiley2:

I was in Barcelona last weekend and its amazing. They are adding onto their tram network and their underground system. You know what they do??

They take a small street or part of a larger street and work on it until its complete then they move to the next section. Amazing.

Now I know that a lot of the disturbance is to do with the underground services upgrading, but why do they have to do it all at once???:stuart:

Miller Jambo 60
Looking at drawings for a proposed development at Greendykes and notice that it says on the drawing "Proposed Tram Line No.3". I cannot find anything on the internet regarding this, does anyone know anything about this? Or even Tram Line No.2?

ANY MORE, They cant manage the ones at present.

The whole thing has been a nightmare from the start due to lack of leadership from the council to the operators.

In one word , JOKE.

Miller Jambo 60
Its a phased thing, eventually all the roads in Edinburgh will be replaced by trams

Aye a 1000 phases and a century later.

:smiley2:

I was in Barcelona last weekend and its amazing. They are adding onto their tram network and their underground system. You know what they do??

They take a small street or part of a larger street and work on it until its complete then they move to the next section. Amazing.

Now I know that a lot of the disturbance is to do with the underground services upgrading, but why do they have to do it all at once???:stuart:

Common sense - it'll never catch on.

Radioactive Mince
Aye a 1000 phases and a century later.

10 phases per year?

Steady on Dougie boy.

They'll still be digging up the West End in 2034, FFS.

Mince

Line 3 was to be funded by the Edinburgh congestion charge & is now dead.

Line 2 was the infill between lines 1A & 1B at Granton, Line 1B (Roseburn to Granton on the old railway line) has been scrapped due to cost overruns with A1, so Line 2 won't happen either.

Edinburgh will have a tram 'line' in 2012/13 not a network

The aim is to continue to create congestion in order to require 'solutions' such as more tram lines.

The more congestion that can be created and solutions found means lots more lovely juicy spending on narrowing lanes, closing roads, creating guided busways, digging up roads and putting train lines on them etc. Great opportunities for politicians and consultants and council jokers to make money.

Archived