The Specials last Thursday

JWL

Can anyone help with this one. Is my mind playing tricks or did Neville Staples dedicate A Message To You, Rudy to Jerry Dammers or was it Do Nothing.

Aye, it was A Message To You, Rudy. I asked the same question the other day. Terry Hall didnae look happy...

Didn't Terry dedicate the following song to him? Or at least dedicate Rudy to Dammers AFTER it was finished?

Placid Casual

Sorry, didn't catch what was said when the song finished.

It's a real shame that Jerry Dammers appears to have been frozen out - read an interview with him recently and the whole thing has really got to him

Didn't Terry dedicate the following song to him? Or at least dedicate Rudy to Dammers AFTER it was finished?

Terry said something along the lines of "I'd like to dedicate the next song to someone I wish was on stage with us tonight - Eric Cantona"

Nucky Thompson
Sorry, didn't catch what was said when the song finished.

It's a real shame that Jerry Dammers appears to have been frozen out - read an interview with him recently and the whole thing has really got to him

I feel sorry for him too. The interview was about a year ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/dec/11/jerry-dammers-specials-rebuff

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Can anyone help with this one. Is my mind playing tricks or did Neville Staples dedicate A Message To You, Rudy to Jerry Dammers or was it Do Nothing.

to be honest, I thought he was dedicating the song to Jeffrey Dahmer's - I thought that was a bit sick at the time right enough

Archived