Building Regulations

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Planning on getting plans done for an extension to be built next year. Someone I know indicated that I would have to put a downstairs toilet in to satisfy disability regulations as there probably isnt room for a stairlift. Anybody know if this is correct, I hadnt planned on putting a bog in downstairs?

Planning on getting plans done for an extension to be built next year. Someone I know indicated that I would have to put a downstairs toilet in to satisfy disability regulations as there probably isnt room for a stairlift. Anybody know if this is correct, I hadnt planned on putting a bog in downstairs?

Sure this came up a few months back.

There's no requirement to include a downstairs bog in an extension.

There is no requirement to put a downstairs toilet in an extension.

Disser Pointon

That waswhat I had thought guys but the chap who said it is with the East Lothian Council planning department. He reckons any alterations now have to make your home suitable for future occupancy for a disabled person and, if your staircase cant accomodate a stairlift it means a downstairs loo.

That waswhat I had thought guys but the chap who said it is with the East Lothian Council planning department. He reckons any alterations now have to make your home suitable for future occupancy for a disabled person and, if your staircase cant accomodate a stairlift it means a downstairs loo.

Planners know nothing about Building Regulations :47:

Sure this came up a few months back.

There's no requirement to include a downstairs bog in an extension.

I'm glad someone else remembered that...:thumb:

.....I was starting to think I was imagining things. :blink:

Archived