iPod Touch 1st & 2nd Generation

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

What's the difference between 1st & 2nd generation iPod Touches?

Was looking to get one for my eldest kid and stumbled across a 32GB 1st generation going for the price of an 8GB 2nd gen.

What's the difference between 1st & 2nd generation iPod Touches?

Was looking to get one for my eldest kid and stumbled across a 32GB 1st generation going for the price of an 8GB 2nd gen.

Some of the apps don't work with 1st generation apps and I don't think the 1st one has in built speakers

I P Knightley
The 2nd gen is more 'curved' and has a built in speaker.

Hmmm, more curvy & a tinny speaker for him to annoy us all with vs 4 times the capacity for music & movies...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Hmmm, more curvy & a tinny speaker for him to annoy us all with vs 4 times the capacity for music & movies...

Exactly. The speaker sounds horrible as well. Where did you stumble across this, out of interest?

2nd Gen has volume controls on the side, built in app store, speakers, it's thinner and has better WiFi. Also if you're looking to buy a case then most are designed for the 2nd Gen.

iPod Touch 2nd Generation is better, Fact.

I P Knightley
Exactly. The speaker sounds horrible as well. Where did you stumble across this, out of interest?

eBay - it's an Argos outlet that seems to release a load of OOD & end of line gear.

2nd Gen has volume controls on the side, built in app store, speakers, it's thinner and has better WiFi. Also if you're looking to buy a case then most are designed for the 2nd Gen.

I hadn't imagined that Apple would release an inferior product as the second generation, I'm just wondering whether the additional features are all that.

As an iPod Classic user (on my 3rd), I have no understanding of these "apps" you speak of and where they would be stored if it wasn't some kind of a 'built in' facility.

eBay - it's an Argos outlet that seems to release a load of OOD & end of line gear.

I hadn't imagined that Apple would release an inferior product as the second generation, I'm just wondering whether the additional features are all that.

As an iPod Classic user (on my 3rd), I have no understanding of these "apps" you speak of and where they would be stored if it wasn't some kind of a 'built in' facility.

The apps are the best thing about the iPod Touch, the built in app store let's you download the apps on the iPod, rather than having to download them on itunes.

Ipod touch is like a mini PC really. You can surf the web, watch youtube videos etc.

Be aware that the 3rd generation touch is out now.

It is identical to the 2nd gen, but has a faster processor and the headphones have a built in microphone so that you can use Skype type apps on it.

I had a first gen ipod touch until I got my iphone last month. The first gen defo comes with the app store as standard. I also didn't have any problems with app compatibility.

The iphone 3gs is much faster tho so I'd imagine the latest touch is comparible in performance.

Sterling Archer
I had a first gen ipod touch until I got my iphone last month. The first gen defo comes with the app store as standard. I also didn't have any problems with app compatibility.

The iphone 3gs is much faster tho so I'd imagine the latest touch is comparible in performance.

I have an iphone and before that had a ipod touch. The biggest feature I miss when using the ipod touch is the volume controls on the side. It amazes me how annoying the touch is without them.

Archived