Maradona banned for two months

this_is_my_story

this_is_my_story

FIFA have banned Maradona for two months after his foul-mouthed outburst against his critics.

Would loved to have seen the footage!

jamboinglasgow

here it is with translation

to be honest, I dont understand why he is banned by FIFA. It is surely not a matter for them, he is simply going at journalists. Not at match officals, not at FIFA. So surely it is a matter for the Argentinian FA not FIFA.

this_is_my_story

to be honest, I dont understand why he is banned by FIFA. It is surely not a matter for them, he is simply going at journalists. Not at match officals, not at FIFA. So surely it is a matter for the Argentinian FA not FIFA.

"To those that did not believe, now suck my dick." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Diego Armando Maradona = LEGEND.

"To those that did not believe, now suck my dick." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Diego Armando Maradona = LEGEND.

I'd love Csaba to say that to our media :10900:

this_is_my_story
He's an arsehole, great player but a mess of a human being.

He seems to think he is above the law because of his playing reputation.

Admittedly, there's a degree of truth in what you're saying. Long term cocaine addiction will obviously have played it's part. I watched an interview with him on YouTube some time ago (can't seem to find the links now) and he actually didn't come across all that badly, I thought.

Admittedly, there's a degree of truth in what you're saying. Long term cocaine addiction will obviously have played it's part. I watched an interview with him on YouTube some time ago (can't seem to find the links now) and he actually didn't come across all that badly, I thought.

Very often, he doesn't. There's a lot of good to Diego (and he can be funny, as when he says "hello to his Scottish, Welsh and Irish friends") - he just lets himself down time and time again. In the same press conference, he was actually very courteous about Uruguay, saying he hoped they qualified, and their manager Tabarez was someone he hugely respected.

The previous night, a Uruguayan model had apparently been sucking Maradona's dick (traitor!); I wonder what Dalma and Gianinna, Diego's daughters, thought of that?

Except that the boss of the AFA, Julio Grondona, is hardly going to sanction a national hero, and the man who he not only appointed coach, but on whose playing success he parachuted into the top job, is he? FIFA had little choice: you can't have managers going around doing that. Fortunately for Maradona, it doesn't affect his position at the World Cup anyway.

this_is_my_story
Very often, he doesn't. There's a lot of good to Diego (and he can be funny, as when he says "hello to his Scottish, Welsh and Irish friends") - he just lets himself down time and time again. In the same press conference, he was actually very courteous about Uruguay, saying he hoped they qualified, and their manager Tabarez was someone he hugely respected.

The previous night, a Uruguayan model had apparently been sucking Maradona's dick (traitor!); I wonder what Dalma and Gianinna, Diego's daughters, thought of that?

Yes, there is, and that's something which I think often goes unnoticed. Of course, what he said in that press conference was far from dignified - but as someone who admires those who have within them a rebellious streak, I found it hard not to enjoy watching Diego giving the press the "Get it up ye" treatment!

Oh, and good on him for having a bit of sport with a model, Uruguayan or otherwise!

Yes, there is, and that's something which I think often goes unnoticed. Of course, what he said in that press conference was far from dignified - but as someone who admires those who have within them a rebellious streak, I found it hard not to enjoy watching Diego giving the press the "Get it up ye" treatment!

Oh, and good on him for having a bit of sport with a model, Uruguayan or otherwise!

I didn't - purely because I've seen it all before. Carlos Bilardo, the manager responsible for a disgraceful side in 1990, which played streetfighter football and somehow made the final (prompting an alarmed FIFA to change the laws) is back advising Diego: and he's as cynical and Macchiavellian as they come.

I think FIFA have tried to clamp down on Maradona because they're worried about what's going to come next summer. Diego perfectly embodies the sublime/malign paradox at the heart of Argentinian football, and with Big Nose Bilardo around (I used to wonder whether Bilardo's nose was so big because of constantly having to explain away the gibberish his captain came up with), what's likely to result ain't going to be at all pretty.

What exactly has he been banned from? I don't think Argentina are due to play any games in the next two months.

All football related activities - whatever that means.

Archived