Aberdeen

Alan_R

aberdeen by train. never done it before.

I gather its a direct route from edinburgh? dont want to be changing trains.

Also how long is it likely to take? I'm hoping to go up and come back in the same day.

easily able to do that in a day then. quicker than i thought. are they quite regular?

Go on the national rail enquiry site you lazy bass :10900:

Can't understand folk who post nonsense like this on kickback when they are one click away from the answer themselves!!!

Go on the national rail enquiry site you lazy bass :10900:

Can't understand folk who post nonsense like this on kickback when they are one click away from the answer themselves!!!

i googled it. there is loads of different sites. you have to go through all these discount ticket sites etc.

i googled it. there is loads of different sites. you have to go through all these discount ticket sites etc.

the trainline is the best option IMO for finding out about trains

?15 return with a Sainsbury voucher!

Don't even start me on these...I queued up to get train tickets up north which were going to cost me over 50 pound because I'd missed the cheap tickets. Now, the nice chap behind the desk says you go up to Sainsburys and buy anything you want and ask for a train voucher and you'll get the train for 15 pound.

So, not one to miss a bargain, I walk up to Sainsburys on St Andrew Square in the pouring rain only to be told that they'd stopped handing them out.

I'd queued up for about an hour the first time, and now I had to do it all over again, except this time soaked, and had to pay the full price anyway. :hang:

BTTT trains to Aberdeen are usually about 1 an hour and take just under 2 and a half hours.

Don't even start me on these...I queued up to get train tickets up north which were going to cost me over 50 pound because I'd missed the cheap tickets. Now, the nice chap behind the desk says you go up to Sainsburys and buy anything you want and ask for a train voucher and you'll get the train for 15 pound.

So, not one to miss a bargain, I walk up to Sainsburys on St Andrew Square in the pouring rain only to be told that they'd stopped handing them out.

I'd queued up for about an hour the first time, and now I had to do it all over again, except this time soaked, and had to pay the full price anyway. :hang:

BTTT trains to Aberdeen are usually about 1 an hour and take just under 2 and a half hours.

I use them all the time(once a month) and have a shed load of vouchers,offer ends in January.

I use them all the time(once a month) and have a shed load of vouchers,offer ends in January.

Don't get me wrong its a really good offer, just bad timing on my part unfortunately so had to pay full price

Try trainline.com if you know your date and time of travel you can save pounds.

CavySlaveJambo

I used to travel on that line regularly and have only ever had to change in dundee twice i think.

both were later on on a sunday.

Oh book in advance if possible that train gets really busy, or pay the extra to go really early

InNothingWeTrust

I used the Sainsburys offer last time we played the sheep. I only showed the ticket inspector the ticket and not the voucher (I had the voucher with me) and he didn't bother to check if I had the voucher with me. Same on the way back. I think it's something like scotrail.co.uk/sainsburys to book it with the offer. You don't need a code or anything, but you would be risking it if the inspector asked to see the voucher.

It would have taken my journey about 2 hours and 15 minutes, but the train slowed to walking pace after Stonehaven! Made me late for the game!

Watch what time you come back at mate, quite a few of the trains later on in the day require a change at Dundee, (15.00 onwards)this usualy adds an extra 45 mins or so.

Try trainline.com if you know your date and time of travel you can save pounds.

Except they add a fee for using a payment card (like, how else are you meant to pay on the internet?). http://www.scotrail.co.uk is just one site that you can book tickets on that doesn't charge you for using plastic, but still gives you the advance booking discounts.

Archived