Facebook - chucked it!!!!!!!!

Jamblow

It is nothing more than cringeworthy to suggest that 'Facebook is crap'.

There is nothing wrong with being on Facebook etc, in fact I would suggest it makes life easier.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Facebook was good when I first logged on and was nice to see some old school mates from 25years ago(same as Friendsreunited 5yrs ago)but after a while its a drag.

Made worse by having Family,present friends new online mates and old friends all seeing same message,means you got to be very conservative in your posts which is limiting...

Still won't log off it but I don't use it to any degree now.

it can be restricting but its a useful backup in the event other sites go down (as happens) and you want to get a message to someone.

Aye, the majority of Facebook is misspelt, attention-seeking drivel, but it definitely has its uses.

All of my classmates and I are on teaching placement at the moment (ranging between 50%-70% of a full teaching timetable) as well as having to write a 5,000 word essay. It's stressful and time-consuming. We all have Facebook and we use it as a way to share resources, theories and experiences or even just vent to and support one another. (And I'm teaching in Niddrie, so I've got a fair amount of venting to do) None of this would really be possible if it wasn't for Facebook.

I'm not saying it's the great white hope; far from it. My point is that it's certainly beneficial, and all of those who use it shouldn't be 'tarred with the same brush' so to speak.

Aye, the majority of Facebook is misspelt, attention-seeking drivel, but it definitely has its uses.

All of my classmates and I are on teaching placement at the moment (ranging between 50%-70% of a full teaching timetable) as well as having to write a 5,000 word essay. It's stressful and time-consuming. We all have Facebook and we use it as a way to share resources, theories and experiences or even just vent to and support one another. (And I'm teaching in Niddrie, so I've got a fair amount of venting to do) None of this would really be possible if it wasn't for Facebook.

I'm not saying it's the great white hope; far from it. My point is that it's certainly beneficial, and all of those who use it shouldn't be 'tarred with the same brush' so to speak.

facepoof

Could you not just email people that kinda stuff?

It just seems to me that the majority of people on facebook update their status with thing like "had x,y and z for my dinner tonight" or "soooo ruff today lolz" utter pish if you ask me. If I want to send someone a message I tend to phone them.

You clearly have no friends.

I have plenty, i just don't like any of them.

FWIW i've never understood why people get so excited/upset over things like facebook, twitter etc. If you like it, feel free to use it, if you don't, don't!

I have plenty, i just don't like any of them.

FWIW i've never understood why people get so excited/upset over things like facebook, twitter etc. If you like it, feel free to use it, if you don't, don't!

Agreed.

But Twitter is for ****wits.

Facebook is for the more mature Ned. It's great though. Plenty to do unlike /bebo which is now trying to imitate it.

I'll back up Neaves constant venting also.

Everyone I keep I touch with via the telephone, text, email or even a letter. I don't have bebo or facebook.

I don't need these sites to hear from folk from an old scool or work, if I have not kept in touch it's because you were an erse 10 years ago and I don't give sheeit what you have done in your life!

Sounds just like Kickback. :thumb:

Everyone I keep I touch with via the telephone, text, email or even a letter. I don't have bebo or facebook.

I don't need these sites to hear from folk from an old scool or work, if I have not kept in touch it's because you were an erse 10 years ago and I don't give sheeit what you have done in your life!

But no one will know what an interesting life you lead!

That is the only point in Facebook imho.

Your post above is exactly why i don't buy into it too.

So you are not interested in seeing whether the tidy bint from school turned into the fat waster you hope she did after she rejected you at the 1983 school disco and snogged yer best mate instead?

Facebook, confirms she is now fat, got four kids and works in asda - what's not to like? :10900:

Facebook I also deleted and got rid of and I got rid of bebo as well , I cant be ersed with all those networkin sites anymore, people add you as friends etc and you hardly ever see them lol!

If people want me they know where to find me !:10900:

this_is_my_story

I think it's alright for what it's meant for, to be honest - which to me is keeping in touch, or getting back in touch with people whom you've no other way of getting hold of. I've been able to see how some old workmates etc are getting on, and have been able to meet up for a bevvy, for example.

What's odd though, is when you get a 'friend request' from someone who's obviously only doing so because you and that person have a 'mutual friend', when you haven't even ever meet them in real life. I'd normally accept, just out of politeness... but when they don't even message you or anything (not that I'm particularly wanting them to do so anyway), it seems to me that they're only concerned with adding to their tally of facebook friends, which comes across as being something of value to them - which is proper sad!

Generic Username

Facebook was sold to me by a friend as being "more mature/adult orientated than bebo". which seemed good enough for me to leave behind bebo and it's vast quantities of pages of folk putting up pictures of cars, spelling words with backwards letters and numbers and a never ending stream of LOLZ and ROFLZ.

Imagine my horror when, after only a day of being on Facebook, the more mature, more adult orientated social networking site I was hit with a request asking me to join a "Zombie vs Pirate" war.

All the Farmville/Mafia Wars garbage aside it's a decent thing to use.

Tbh I find facebook quite usefull for keeping track of whats on at certain clubs and venues etc as well as keeping in touch with mates that I don't really see much of as they are in London for example! If people get annoyed with people constantly writing total drivel like whta they had for breakfast/lunch/dinner etc then they should be a bit more selective in who they add on facebook and not just concerned by how many 'friends' they have!

If people enjoy Facebook or Bebo then good for them but I've never signed up to anything like that, or Twitter. People seem to enjoy it though, so that's the main thing. I've seen Bebo sights before, linked on here and it seems a bit Jakey for my taste.

I know someone who was boasting about having 'over 300 friends on Facebook'.

I just wonder how many of those friends would pull him out of a burning building, or put him up for the night if he was in need?

To be honest if you just live round the corner from someone its pointless. I don't I live overseas and I've found it handy for keeping in touch with old colleagues etc in Scotland.

It can be interesting to touch bases from time to time and exchange news.

Each to his own though Im not strongly defending it, I wouldnt pay for it, but its a tool so why throw it away?

My view too. I'm not on facebook and really don't feel I'm missing out.

I suspect it will go out of fashion soon anyway, like most things do.

Snake Plissken

Deleting a Facebook account?

a1af91fd22bb4a3daef7be2ce3756e8f_congratulations-117171938.jpg

Hope you start a thread when you take the bin out or maybe do something daring like order a Chinese - Chow mein or Kung Po? Exciting stuff. :smiley2:

If people enjoy Facebook or Bebo then good for them but I've never signed up to anything like that, or Twitter. People seem to enjoy it though, so that's the main thing. I've seen Bebo sights before, linked on here and it seems a bit Jakey for my taste.

I know someone who was boasting about having 'over 300 friends on Facebook'.

I just wonder how many of those friends would pull him out of a burning building, or put him up for the night if he was in need?

Anyone who uses the number of friends they have on Facebook/Bebo as a measure of their social standing is going to be your sort that stays in A LOT and never seems to be invited to things.

For the record I have 0 friends - I have my facebook page ironically.

this_is_my_story
I know someone who was boasting about having 'over 300 friends on Facebook'

See, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

What sort of arsehole would even see that as worth 'bragging' about. What a tool.

As i now stay away from Penicuik, I use it to keep in touch with mates that I don't see as often now.

I've got just over 400 friends but having thought about it - i don't LIKE 400 people!!

Creepy Lurker

What do you guys want, some kind of medal? Yeah, well done. You now have the respect and admiration of society.

What does it matter whether or not you use a social networking site? If people want to use it, that's their business. If others don't, that's also their business (for the record, I have one but don't really use it that much as I can't fathom what the point in it's supposed to be. Then again, maybe I'm just getting old). By making a point of letting everyone know how ****e you think it is or of telling everyone that "you've stopped wasting your time on it", you're making yourself look just as obsessive as the people who update their status on it every five minutes ("just did a ****", "is eating spaghetti", "is in the pub, doing status update on his phone", etc), if not more.

Ultimately, it's a website. Who the **** cares?

There you go, that's my two cents' worth.

Facebook/Bebo...For Kids and Pervs,who pretend they're Kids...FACT!!

Anyone who has an account on these is either a Kid or Someone who should be getting Monitored Regularly by the Authorities!!

Say What Again
Facebook/Bebo...For Kids and Pervs who pretend they're Kids...FACT!!

That's the only reason I use it! :stitch:

I ditched my account today too, mainly as i dont use it but it seems its bein integrated into the PS3 system, the last thing i need are messages and 'pokes' when im getting my gaming on!!:2thumbsup:

What do you guys want, some kind of medal? Yeah, well done. You now have the respect and admiration of society.

What does it matter whether or not you use a social networking site? If people want to use it, that's their business. If others don't, that's also their business (for the record, I have one but don't really use it that much as I can't fathom what the point in it's supposed to be. Then again, maybe I'm just getting old). By making a point of letting everyone know how ****e you think it is or of telling everyone that "you've stopped wasting your time on it", you're making yourself look just as obsessive as the people who update their status on it every five minutes ("just did a ****", "is eating spaghetti", "is in the pub, doing status update on his phone", etc), if not more.

Ultimately, it's a website. Who the **** cares?

There you go, that's my two cents' worth.

This is deep. You should be a psychiatrist.

Perhaps Facebook will become redundant anyway if Google Wave does everything it says it does.

I'm still waiting for my invitation from Google...

Archived