Steak Tartare

cams

Seen this on Rick Stein tv programme a few months ago. I fare fancy some of that.

Does anyone know if there are places in town with this on the menu?

Seen this on Rick Stein tv programme a few months ago. I fare fancy some of that.

Yes 'ondine' in the bridges. Quite new restaurant from the guy that was chef at Dakota.

Can you not just DIY ?

It's not difficult to cook afterall. :whistling:

Can you not just DIY ?

It's not difficult to cook afterall. :whistling:

aye raw egg and chopped raw meat......

nope i could still balls that up

When I did a lot of business in Amsterdam, the local sandwich shop used to do it - "filet American" on a pistolet. Utter heaven. :smiley2:

After seeing this thread yesterday one of my colleagues who also works in Champany Inn happened to bring some of this in today for us to try (aparrently they always make too much).

It looks like dog food, really not nice visually. I thought it tasted actually not too bad, but it's not something I'd pick off a menu, I was kind of indifferent to it. 2 other folk tried it, one girl really liked it and the other guy that tried it enjoyed it too.

After seeing this thread yesterday one of my colleagues who also works in Champany Inn happened to bring some of this in today for us to try (aparrently they always make too much).

It looks like dog food, really not nice visually. I thought it tasted actually not too bad, but it's not something I'd pick off a menu, I was kind of indifferent to it. 2 other folk tried it, one girl really liked it and the other guy that tried it enjoyed it too.

Champany is closer for me but i fear i may have to sell a kidney to go there.

Aye, she said it costs ?21. She couldn't remember if that was starter or main, said if it's main then it would be their cheapest main course. Fish and Chips is ?29.

Aye, she said it costs ?21. She couldn't remember if that was starter or main, said if it's main then it would be their cheapest main course. Fish and Chips is ?29.
Surely theres nobody would pay that for fish and chips!

Yes 'ondine' in the bridges. Quite new restaurant from the guy that was chef at Dakota.

I wouldn't like to be kicked from The Bridges to Ondine.

I P Knightley

Cut out the middle man and have some Kidney Tartare :)

I love a nice Tartare. I've had it in places (mainly France) when it's appeared to just be mince (with the egg, capers & seasoning) as well as other restaurants where you could see that it's chopped up steak. I think I actually prefer the mince version - because I'm classy like that!

I once ordered it as a starter at the Kew Grill (Worrall Thompson's place) and the mate I was with put on a face and said, "That's just raw meat, you know?" When it came to ordering his meal, he asked for his fillet steak to be done 'blue'. I don't think he saw the irony.

marshallschunkychicken
The Mr Bean episode with the steak tartare was brilliant.

I find it embarrassing that this is what I thought of first of all, as well... :(

Archived