Stomach bugs

Denny Crane

To say I've had a hellish night would be an understatement.

Anyone got any known medical cures or old wives tales to knock this thing out?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Lots of oatmeal (porridge, alpen, etc) then let nature take it's course and you'll be sorted in a matter of hours. I think the oatmeal acts as "roughage" and while not actually doing anything about the "bug" it help with one of the less pleasent symptoms.

... ...oh yeah, and keep the Andrex in the fridge. :thumb:

Drink energy drinks, eat meat and lie on your stomach. It will be out your system before you know it.

Chad Sexington

Suffering from one right now.

Spewed my body inside out all Thursday night and I still feel like there's a gremlin taking a machete to my intestines. :57:

The chemist recommended Motilium tablets. I've not long popped one and I pray that it works.

jambojackbilly

It's taking a few prisoners this bug, all my family and extended ones have had various levels

Personally, plenty fluids worked for me, that with a good rest

Try a bottle of Coke. But first of all, knock the fizz out of it. Its got the sugars and other bits that you're losing. Tastes a wee bit better than diaoralite powders.

Hope you feel better soon.

I got a fecker of a stomach bug in Egypt last year, and iam still not 100%.

Passed out in the bog in the middle of the night after suffering for 3 days with skits.

Pharmacy gave me tablets on the first but when the doctor saw them he said i had been done. Had to get 3 injections as blood pressure/ glucose etc had gone through the floor

Could not keep any fluids in the body what so ever. Is a strange sensation when you drink cold water and it comes shooting out your erse 2minutes later just as cold as it went in.

Lots of oatmeal (porridge, alpen, etc) then let nature take it's course and you'll be sorted in a matter of hours. I think the oatmeal acts as "roughage" and while not actually doing anything about the "bug" it help with one of the less pleasent symptoms.

... ...oh yeah, and keep the Andrex in the fridge. :thumb:

good idea, i`d imagine Matt`s tea towel holder will be like a Stuntmans tyre!

I got a fecker of a stomach bug in Egypt last year, and iam still not 100%.

Passed out in the bog in the middle of the night after suffering for 3 days with skits.

Pharmacy gave me tablets on the first but when the doctor saw them he said i had been done. Had to get 3 injections as blood pressure/ glucose etc had gone through the floor

Could not keep any fluids in the body what so ever. Is a strange sensation when you drink cold water and it comes shooting out your erse 2minutes later just as cold as it went in.

Been there, quite soothing though

Try a bottle of Coke. But first of all, knock the fizz out of it. Its got the sugars and other bits that you're losing. Tastes a wee bit better than diaoralite powders.

Seemingly thats what coca cola was invented for in the first place,stomach upsets.As Taz posted water is the best thing.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Thanks in advance.

gatorade.jpg

i could do with a bug to rip through me. i've been eggbound all week. my arse has basically stopped working.

christmas_tree.jpg

good idea, i`d imagine Matt`s tea towel holder will be like a Stuntmans tyre!

Flatmate very kindly got me some cola and pepto-bismal which seems to be working - sweating like mad though which I suppose may be good. As for the tea-towel, you don't know the half of it...... oh jeeeeez

Surprised that nobody responded by suggesting Bisto, as it`s normally a response on other sites I go on !!!!!.:10900: as it thickens things up SUPPOSEDLY.

Surprised that nobody responded by suggesting Bisto, as it`s normally a response on other sites I go on !!!!!.:10900: as it thickens things up SUPPOSEDLY.

I'll get me gun......

Archived