HBOS Network down

Fat Bob

Just spent a fruitless half hour trying to get cash. Every HBOS machine I tried is showing out of order. Whan I tried using other banks machines get "unable to complete transaction" message.

:hang:

Miller Jambo 60
Just spent a fruitless half hour trying to get cash. Every HBOS machine I tried is showing out of order. Whan I tried using other banks machines get "unable to complete transaction" message.

:hang:

And i just put my hand under my matress simples.

And i just put my hand under my matress simples.

Tried that. All I found , were some old jazz mags. :th_o:

I was thinking about going out for my week's shopping where I normally pay with my Visa debit card.

I assume that would be affected. I don't like paying for food items with the credit card, but sounds like I will have to.

The clowns that operate their website have a temporary message up giving no indication of what is going on and when service will be resumed.

Just phoned their telephone banking service and the girl I spoke to was very apologetic and hoped it wasn't causing me to many problems but was unable to tell me when everything would be back to normal. She said no other ATMs would be able to process my cards and I possibly couldn't use them in shops or stores either. Looks like I am cutting back on the drink this weekend.

What a pain in the butt for you Bob.

You'll just need to withdraw money from either your Cayman Islands account or your numbered Swiss account, until such time as it's all sorted. If it looks like dragging on, you may even be reduced to selling a few ounces of your personal Bullion reserves.

:10900:

I was thinking about going out for my week's shopping where I normally pay with my Visa debit card.

I assume that would be affected. I don't like paying for food items with the credit card, but sounds like I will have to.

The clowns that operate their website have a temporary message up giving no indication of what is going on and when service will be resumed.

Used mine this morning in Sainsbury's with no problem. Try your local supermarket and get cashback with your shopping.

Cant even transfer any money into my betfair account, which means no punting for me.

Spent about four hours last night studying form for today, only to have to watch and grimace.

It was just on the news. The system is getting back on track now and should be 100% soon. Power issues at their server in Yorkshire apparently.

Used mine this morning in Sainsbury's with no problem. Try your local supermarket and get cashback with your shopping.

Had no problem paying with the Visa debit at the Craigleith store around 2pm.

Archived