Would you pay for private policing?

Jam Tarts 1874

Would you pay for "Private" policing?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you pay for "Private" policing?

• Yes - the regular Police aren't interested in my community
    • No - the regular Police do a great job in my community

Jam Tarts 1874

There is much wringing of hands and renting of clothes from senior police figures this weekend about the number of private security firms being paid to "police" areas.

The Police Federation of England & Wales and former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair are very critical of the growth in private security firms. However I am curious to know what the feeling is around Edinburgh & Lothians about whether or not people would be prepared to pay ?2-?4 per week to have private security in their communities.

I think it would be a good idea. Let the REAL police sort out the REAL criminals, while the private force deal with the wee scroats that aren't a real danger, but just make life a little less pleasant.

I think it would be a good idea. Let the REAL police sort out the REAL criminals, while the private force deal with the wee scroats that aren't a real danger, but just make life a little less pleasant.

Precisely.

The police at the moment are fecking useless.

jambojackbilly

Privatization is profit orientated, The service provided comes second. So no i would not pay for private policing

Not the biggest fan of the OB but they do a grand job

Miller Jambo 60

Aye like wee scroats throwing eggs at your door, and starting wee fires.

Also save an innocent householder from confrontation with said scroats.

Would be worth a small fee a week.

Aye like wee scroats throwing eggs at your door, and starting wee fires.

Also save an innocent householder from confrontation with said scroats.

Would be worth a small fee a week.

Thats surely no yersel you're describing :th_o:

Privatization is profit orientated, The service provided comes second. So no i would not pay for private policing

Not the biggest fan of the OB but they do a grand job

What he says. :thumb:

Look at the problems with the "Blue Meanies" who are only private traffic wardens. Look at the wonderful experiences we have all had with Stewards at the football, who are there to replace police.

The Police are not perfect, but I'd far rather deal with them than some erse on a power trip, employed by a company only interested in making a profit.

Do you think the Neds, the Jakies, and the Scroates will give a stuff about him / her ? As he / she will probably be paid little more than Minimum Wage, do you really think they'll risk puting themselves in harms way for the good of the Community or those who live in it ?

Nah, not for me, I'll stick with Lothian & Borders, warts an' all.

Regal Kingston
How about a No and the police do a crap job?

I agree. Some top gadjee would become a millionaire out of 'private policing' which is totally wrong.

I think we should be encouraged to do more citizens arrests.

Archived