Friday Night Fight Night

Gigolo-Aunt

58-54 pac at the half way stage

another huge shot at the end by Pac, then cotto lands one right on the bell. Another round for Pacquaio though and good response after Cotto might have stole the 5th

Great scrap

Pacman - Simply one of thee best fighters of all time.Even if he fights Mayweather and loses for me he will still be the better fighter because of how he has come through the weights

Manny v Mayweather BIGGEST BOX OFFICE FIGHT EVER!!!!!!!!!!

What a totally different fight that would be Mayweather likes guys that walk forward like Pacman.It really would be great but so hard to call.

Simply fantastic the wee man is a total legend.Why stop the fight there though if he was going to donut he should have done it a few rounds ago.I didn't see him being knocked out there

5 weight world champion and looked good in ever division no favours of winning a belt then stepping right back down like has happened with some multiple weight champions this guy has just dominated the guy whatever the size.

Strange the ref to stop it at that point. Cotto was in more trouble a few rounds earlier.

Would be raging if i had money on the decision:stuart:

Pac is an absolute legend. Already top 10 All time great for me with or without Mayweather.

I admire the technical skills of Mayweather and think he would pick Pacquaio apart if they ever fight, But Pacquaio's CV is miles ahead. No question about it. Not only that, when he fights you are guaranteed to be entertained. Legend.

5 weight world champion and looked good in ever division no favours of winning a belt then stepping right back down like has happened with some multiple weight champions this guy has just dominated the guy whatever the size.

He's fighting the best next but.

YES AND HE'D BEAT HIM.

Maybe but only because it would be on his terms.Pacman is the better fighter I just think he would play straight into Mayweather though who unlike Cotto would pick him off on the back foot.For everything that Pac is though you have to say Roach is the best trainer ever unreal how he developed a rash fighter into the machine that is Pacman.

Is he though ?

As bringbackjeffries said Pacman has far the better CV and fights define fighters has Mayweather really had a defining fight.Pacman on the other hand every fight seems to be the defining one

he's fighting the best at fighting smaller guys:stuart:

Mayweather ought to grow a set of balls and fight SSMosley. He will wait another 2 years till he's an old man though, he will end up fighting Cotto at some point now when really what stopped him fighting him 2 years ago when he was unbeaten and feared. He plays it too safe.

Great fighter never the less, but he is missing his chance to be regarded as one of the greats by never fighting the very best in his own weight division. How long as he been @147 now and he has never fought Cotto, Margarito( I dont rate him anyway, but still one of the bigger welter's)Paul Williams or Sugar Shane. And yet he proclaims to be the best that ever lived.

he's fighting the best at fighting smaller guys:stuart:

Mayweather ought to grow a set of balls and fight SSMosely. He will wait another 2 years till he's an old man though, he will end up fighting Cotto at some point now when really what stopped him fighting him 2 years ago when he was unbeaten and feared. He plays it too safe.

Great fighter never the less.

He was offered Cotto in his last fight as well and never fancied it.I think you could be right he will have seen Cotto is spent and might fancy a fight with him now.I think he will duck Manny and blame it on money even though money would never be a problem for this fight.Mosley V Pacman would be a better fight than one with Mayweather anyway.

He was offered Cotto in his last fight as well and never fancied it.I think you could be right he will have seen Cotto is spent and might fancy a fight with him now.I think he will duck Manny and blame it on money even though money would never be a problem for this fight.Mosley V Pacman would be a better fight than one with Mayweather anyway.

Mayweather has even mentioned a rematch with Hatton a couple of weeks ago, thats the kind of lengths he would probably go to, to try and avoid Mosley.

I do think he will take the Pac fight though. If both guys can just put there egos aside and just accept that this is a 50/50 split of the purse then it has to happen. Mayweather will take the fight, will have a good reach advantage, and just do his normal pot shotting and defensive master class. Manny as brilliant as he is offensively hasnt got a decent defence so I'd expect Mayweather could pretty much dominate him on the back foot the full fight.

It is the biggest fight you could imagine though, The build up and excitement leading to it would be massive. And although the fight itself might be a let down due to Mayweathers style, There will always be that doubt about what If Manny can get to him? If he can Knock Cotto down twice, If he connects on Floyd he definately has a chance of hurting him and gaining the upper hand.

"I know I?m cut, I know I?m swollen. I just had a fight, that how I?m supposed to look. I did my best. I just fought the best fighter I ever fought. I hope the fans enjoyed a great fight" - Cotto after the fight.

Classy guy, Great champion.

chester copperpot

Pah, made it till about 1.30 then crashed out.

Sounds like a magic fight, going to watch the re-run at 9 on SS1.

The Pacman V Pretty boy has to happen now. Biggest fight of all time IMO.

Archived