Required: Lots of Shiny New Players & a Manager [MERGED]

Coco

Clearly we need 2 strikers.

We need a player who can hold the ball up front and distribute it, who can win headers, and who might chip in with some goals.

We also need a player who has a bit of pace, who can shoot, who can pass the ball, who can take free kicks. Who could play up front, wide or in the hole.

Surely Killen and Riordan are sick of the Celtic reserves by now?

We need a player who can hold the ball up front and distribute it, who can win headers, and who might chip in with some goals.

We also need a player who has a bit of pace, who can shoot, who can pass the ball, who can take free kicks. Who could play up front, wide or in the hole.

Yeah would agree with that.

Pinilla

Velicka

Now for a right back.....

Pinilla must surely be getting ready for his quarterly game? 90mins every 3mths, that's proper football :D

Beattie's available supposedly, he'd be worth a punt. Riordan too. Not convinced that Killen wouldn't spend more time on the physio's table than the pitch.

I'd promote Branny. If it was good enough for Elliott and Mole.

Yeah would agree with that.

Pinilla

Velicka

Now for a right back.....

......And left back.......and Right wing.......and an attacking midfielder for when Larry aint playing......and good cover for everywhere else.

Think I'd take Beattie as part of the Bednar deal if we can re look at the fee

Dean Winchester
Pinilla must surely be getting ready for his quarterly game? 90mins every 3mths, that's proper football :D

Hes out for the rest of the season is he not?

Drylaw Hearts

Celtic appear to be able to get good money for Reserve players. eg ?1.2million for Beattie.

I would hate to think of what price they want for 2 strikers who have both scored more goals in a Season than Beattie.

At a much lesser club.

This Season we started with :

Velicka

Bennyuseless

Makela

Pospisl

Bednar

Pinilla

Elliot

IMO the quality wasn't there then and it has got even worse now.

We currently have :

Bennyuseless

Makela

Nade

Elliot

Mole

I cannot see us being prolific goalscorers in the remainder of our SPL matches.

We need 4 strikers next Season.

But first and foremost we need a New Manager to decide which 4.

Guest JamboRobbo

well, everyone else is doing it.

And it's 8 weeks today since Jan 1st statement.

Plus, since we require all these new players, we need to appoint a manager first to pick them.

Funny

It has taken Vlad 3 years to produce a striker who looked capable of 20 a season and now we've flogged him for pennies.

But yes, the striker situation at the club has not really ever been satisfactorily resolved

If we think about every other area of the team though we actually need improvement in about 75% of the team IMO.

Mearns or Husband next season

I like the sound of Husband.

IMO the time is right now to start blooding some of these guys

If Vlad is happy to flog the first teams only goalscorer he clearly does not care about league position

Frail should take this chance to show Vlad he can lower the wage bill even further next season should be wish.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I agree with Coco's other thread. I feel it appropriate to focus attention on our other areas of weakness

Robbies bird won't be happy.

Jason,Brown and the big tall boy whose name escapes me

Rapnik?

Again - Vlad's given up the ghost in the league, lets get some young guys in for the rest of the season

Vlad couldnt complain could he? Would save him money in appearances and win bonuses no doubt so he would be delighted surely?

Robbies bird won't be happy.

I actually like Robbie, but I feel that today's good footballing teams have full backs who are very comfortable attacking. I dont think Robbie is that comfortable in an attacking sense.

This isnt really a Robbie bashing thread, but our full back positions could be improved upon without breaking the bank IMO

Colonel Kurtz
I like the sound of Husband.

IMO the time is right now to start blooding some of these guys

If Vlad is happy to flog the first teams only goalscorer he clearly does not care about league position

Frail should take this chance to show Vlad he can lower the wage bill even further next season should be wish.

I like wee "Newton"Mearns,he will tackle a brick wall.

Remember a reserve game on TIm TV ,he gave it tight to Graveson and Sno

Husband reminds me of the Arsenal amd Liverpool midfielder from the seventies who used to score all the time

well, everyone else is doing it.

And it's 8 weeks today since Jan 1st statement.

Plus, since we require all these new players, we need to appoint a manager first to pick them.

ha ha ha

Good lad

I like your style

But you are right also

I think we have 3 full backs in Neilson, Wallace and Goncalves who can do a solid job in the SPL. Wallace and Goncalves need a lot of coaching though.

I think we need competition for the right back spot.

The chances of him being here are slim.

Very slim.

Yeah, I understand FC Zeta are sniffing around ?250k up front ?10m after 500 games.

Vlad thinks that Larry has peaked at the African nations and is considering recalling Piliabitis to plug the gap....

Guest JamboRobbo
I actually like Robbie, but I feel that today's good footballing teams have full backs who are very comfortable attacking. I dont think Robbie is that comfortable in an attacking sense.

Thats how I see it. In games where we ask Robbie to defend, he'll do a decent job. Against lesser teams, when he gets time on the ball, and we ask Robbie to move forward and create, he's not very good at it.

We could do with a RB who is more capable going forward for games against lesser teams.

Colonel Kurtz
Rapnik?

Again - Vlad's given up the ghost in the league, lets get some young guys in for the rest of the season

Vlad couldnt complain could he? Would save him money in appearances and win bonuses no doubt so he would be delighted surely?

no rapnik has been playing in the holding MF role.

Cant remember the boys name,scored a few early goals

Obviously we would all like a higher quality attacking midfielder. But the squad is awash with lightweight attacking midfielders.

For midfield the priority has to be to get stronger players who can win the ball in there.

no rapnik has been playing in the holding MF role.

Cant remember the boys name,scored a few early goals

I hope you don't mean Hamilton?

Required: All the required threads amalgamated into a 'Required: We need a decent team and a manager' thread.

Good wok mods,

Does my voice have a power on KB that i wasn't aware of? ;)

Oh yeah of little faith. No need to get all stressed out about new players when we have the young guns ready to step in and get their chance. From todays EEN:

Elliot: Front men will step up to plate

By MARK BONTHRONE

CALUM ELLIOT insisted today that the club's misfiring strikers have the quality required to make up for the loss of Andrius Velicka and keep Hearts' quest for a place in the SPL's top six alive.

In the words of the song, "Don't worry, be happy".

Guest JamboRobbo
Good wok mods,

Does my voice have a power on KB that i wasn't aware of? ;)

:laugh: With great power comes great responsibility.

Can you start posting on the UBIG website, asking them to sort out the mess at HMFC please.

Guest JamboRobbo
Oh yeah of little faith. No need to get all stressed out about new players when we have the young guns ready to step in and get their chance. From todays EEN:

By MARK BONTHRONE

CALUM ELLIOT insisted today that the club's misfiring strikers have the quality required to make up for the loss of Andrius Velicka and keep Hearts' quest for a place in the SPL's top six alive.

Excellent. I'm off to get my celebration outfit dry cleaned before it's too late.

:laugh: With great power comes great responsibility.

Can you start posting on the UBIG website, asking them to sort out the mess at HMFC please.

Ne keblumas.

By MARK BONTHRONE

I am fed up of Elliot and others talking the talk, buit not walking the walk. Elliot has hjad many chances and never once taken it - the fact he has had as many red cards as goals is a disgrace, so he should shut up - especially if he has the cheek to say our DEFENDERS need to chip in with a few goals. Well Callum - if you are reading this, you worry about scoring and let our defenders worry about defending.

I am fed up of Elliot and others talking the talk, buit not walking the walk. Elliot has hjad many chances and never once taken it - the fact he has had as many red cards as goals is a disgrace, so he should shut up - especially if he has the cheek to say our DEFENDERS need to chip in with a few goals. Well Callum - if you are reading this, you worry about scoring and let our defenders worry about defending.

Perhaps Clums definition of "quality" does not necessarily involve actual goalscoring. After all we've all heard about his (ahem) workrate his (cough) hold-up play and his (cough cough) touches.

It's just that pesky goalscoring thing that us fans get uneccessarily peeved at, because really, "quality" wise things are obviously fine.

Hearts strikers would feel a lot better about things if us bloody fans didn't keep making these bloody goalscoring demands upon them :confused:

Guest GhostHunter
Ne keblumas.

:hae36:

And, I merged them with that title, without even reading your earlier post.

Lottery numbers for tomorrow are...

:dog:

Its a great idea however the plan from Vlad is sell the players that are half decent get as many millions in as possible bring in a pile of tosh or nothing and dont even bother with a manager - a sound plan, just wish you were the owner what a refreshing set of ideas ;)

Clum Elliot really is unbelievable, the lad seems to have some sort of chip on his shoulder.

He is constantly in the press stating he will get better, beat the boo boys etc.

Why does Frail let him speak up all the time. IMO he's had his fair share of 1st team chances. Someone else should get theirs.

Though I suspect we will all be let down and we will be arguing about the same issues this time next year!

Like we were arguing about the same issues last close season?

Archived