Friday's horses

H.A.N.S

A bet to nothing on Mumbles Head in Newcastle's 12:55 for me.

Currently 9/1 and by all accounts it's heavily raining in Newcastle. The more the better for this horse. Will lay it at about 6/1 tomorrow as can see the money coming for it. Rated 129 over hurdles, if it's jumping stands up it will be in the mix.

The Old Tolbooth
A bet to nothing on Mumbles Head in Newcastle's 12:55 for me.

Currently 9/1 and by all accounts it's heavily raining in Newcastle. The more the better for this horse. Will lay it at about 6/1 tomorrow as can see the money coming for it. Rated 129 over hurdles, if it's jumping stands up it will be in the mix.

I've been watching with interest a lot of highly rated hurdlers switching the the larger obstacles over the last 2 weeks HANS, and not many of them have taken to it very well and look extremely novicey. With the ground coming up very soft for tomorrow it makes the larger fences even more difficult for the new recruits to the chasing game too mate, I wouldn't go "steaming in" as they say lol!

I don't mean to put the kybosh on your selection mate, but just thought I'd offer a word of caution as normally hurdlers going chasing need a few races to bed in.

I've been watching with interest a lot of highly rated hurdlers switching the the larger obstacles over the last 2 weeks HANS, and not many of them have taken to it very well and look extremely novicey. With the ground coming up very soft for tomorrow it makes the larger fences even more difficult for the new recruits to the chasing game too mate, I wouldn't go "steaming in" as they say lol!

I don't mean to put the kybosh on your selection mate, but just thought I'd offer a word of caution as normally hurdlers going chasing need a few races to bed in.

It's done now :smiley2:

As long as there is money for it I am on a shot to nothing :2thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth
It's done now :smiley2:

As long as there is money for it I am on a shot to nothing :2thumbsup:

He he he, good luck with it mate!

I'm just having a browse through tomorrows runners and riders and the quality on show at Cheltenham is superb! It's more like a Saturday card!

He he he, good luck with it mate!

I'm just having a browse through tomorrows runners and riders and the quality on show at Cheltenham is superb! It's more like a Saturday card!

I don't touch these Cheltenham meetings. Not surprised to see anything win. You can be on the bridle too turning for home and find nothing up the hill and be beaten by something getting pushed along a mile out.

2:00 Newcastle, Star Beat, looks very interesting too if it keeps pouring.

The Old Tolbooth
I don't touch these Cheltenham meetings. Not surprised to see anything win. You can be on the bridle too turning for home and find nothing up the hill and be beaten by something getting pushed along a mile out.

2:00 Newcastle, Star Beat, looks very interesting too if it keeps pouring.

I'm liking the look of magnushomes.com in the last race mate, I backed the horse that beat it last time at 18's and it caught my eye running on into second spot. This race wont take much winning I don't think.

Your right about Cheltenham, great to watch as the races unfold, but nightmare to gamble on as literally anything could win the races.

I'm liking the look of magnushomes.com in the last race mate, I backed the horse that beat it last time at 18's and it caught my eye running on into second spot. This race wont take much winning I don't think.

Your right about Cheltenham, great to watch as the races unfold, but nightmare to gamble on as literally anything could win the races.

I will have a nibble at 9.2 mate.

Bet of the century is Stranraer 6/4 v Montrose on Saturday. Lump in a single, got the nod from players.

The Old Tolbooth
I will have a nibble at 9.2 mate.

Bet of the century is Stranraer 6/4 v Montrose on Saturday. Lump in a single, got the nod from players.

Even without the nod it was a tremendous price mate! Montrose are hopeless!

I'd be tempted to double it with Brazil to beat England at 11/10 (crazy price)

Mumbles Head won at 8 to 1 well done

I was on at 9s :10900:

Also have it in a double with Star Beat in the 2:00pm in another bet.

It's a bit late but Royal Keva in the 5.50 at Wolverhampton. It's 5/1 at the moment.

Just as well I was late! Came 4th!

The Old Tolbooth

HANS, nice one with Mumbles Head mate, I was on it too at 9/1, I also had the winner of the first at 14/1 too!! :D

I'm a bit gutted however as I follow Ryan Mania as he's a very promising jumps jockey from Galashiels, and he rode an almost 1000/1 treble today and I only backed one of his :wacko:

Chaka Demus & pliers
HANS, nice one with Mumbles Head mate, I was on it too at 9/1, I also had the winner of the first at 14/1 too!! :D

I'm a bit gutted however as I follow Ryan Mania as he's a very promising jumps jockey from Galashiels, and he rode an almost 1000/1 treble today and I only backed one of his :wacko:

Just over 356/1 at SP's. Would have been a nice treble nonetheless!

The Old Tolbooth
Just over 356/1 at SP's. Would have been a nice treble nonetheless!

Oops!

No idea how I worked the original odds out but I had prices of 14's, 12's and 4's in my head for some reason when they were 12's, 4's and 9/2

Your spot on mate :2thumbsup:

Archived