Is there such a thing?......

Craigieboy

As a hand held pen engraver?

I hold around 50 keys (yale) as part of my job & although I have them stored in chronological order in my mind, I am beginning to forget which is which.

Something like an engraver would let me inscribe the location on the top part of the key.

Anyone help?

Cheers.

C

Italian Lambretta

Why not get a hammer and a number punch.

Either that give me a call and I'll change all the locks to a one key system:smiley2:

As a hand held pen engraver?

I hold around 50 keys (yale) as part of my job & although I have them stored in chronological order in my mind, I am beginning to forget which is which.

Something like an engraver would let me inscribe the location on the top part of the key.

Anyone help?

Cheers.

C

Why not get a hammer and a number punch.

Either that give me a call and I'll change all the locks to a one key system:smiley2:

The jobs are in all different locations mate.

Where would I get number or letter punches mate? Quite small to fit three or four letters on the top of the yale?

Cheers

Don't want to be cheeky here, but I fid that the easiest way of keeping my keys under control (seventy six at the moment) is to attach numbered key rings. Then file them into a lockable key box. The key box I use can either be hung on the office wall, or if I require it, it can be carried in the van. Saves worrying about engraving or punches.

Don't want to be cheeky here, but I fid that the easiest way of keeping my keys under control (seventy six at the moment) is to attach numbered key rings. Then file them into a lockable key box. The key box I use can either be hung on the office wall, or if I require it, it can be carried in the van. Saves worrying about engraving or punches.

That's what I used to do as well. :thumb:

The only thing you need to be careful about is the security. If someone steals the keys, will they know which ones open which locks, and if you are carrying the keys does your insurance still cover you and include replacing all the locks ?

That's what I used to do as well. :thumb:

The only thing you need to be careful about is the security. If someone steals the keys, will they know which ones open which locks, and if you are carrying the keys does your insurance still cover you and include replacing all the locks ?

Shoulda mentioned that I keep a log of the keys and what they were for in a wee note book, kept separate from the key box.

Evening Gas, how ya keeping?

Archived